Channel content doesn't show up in one guide but does at the bottom of the screen

Discus and support Channel content doesn't show up in one guide but does at the bottom of the screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently cut cable and bought the suggested Xbox One Digital Tuner and Mohu Antenna. Many of the HD channels that show up in the OneGuide don't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RageCMD, Sep 16, 2015.

1. RageCMD
    RageCMD Guest

Channel content doesn't show up in one guide but does at the bottom of the screen

I recently cut cable and bought the suggested Xbox One Digital Tuner and Mohu Antenna. Many of the HD channels that show up in the OneGuide don't contain any show information while in the OneGuide. When I select that channel the show information does show
    up correctly on the bottom of the screen and when I select the View button. I have tried resetting OneGuide and rescanning the channels.

:)

RageCMD, Sep 16, 2015
  2. Lallymonster
    Lallymonster Guest
    Some channels (HD) not showing up in guide

I'm a comcast subscriber. All of my SD channels show up in the Xbox Guide, however, about 1/3 of the HD channels do not. In order to watch said channels, I can use the Comcast remote and manually change to channel, but if I try to using the guide, some channels
    simply don't show up.

For instance: Comedy Central. Comedy Central in SD shows up in the XBO guide just fine. The Comedy Central HD channel, however, does NOT show up in the XBO guide.

So in order to watch Comedy Central in HD, I have to use the Comcast remote and change to it. It just doesn't show up in the XBO guide at al.

Lallymonster, Sep 16, 2015
  3. CARLTIFFIN
    CARLTIFFIN Guest
    No option for Sky+ HD 2TB box (DRX895-C)+ multiple issues

Setting up One guide (FINALLY in UK!) It didn't recognise my set top box model number so I had to use the automatic choice of box. Also when changing channel the screen frequently goes black for a few extra seconds before returning to the TV picture this
    never happened previously.

On the One guide panel that comes up at the bottom of the screen where it shows recent channels the On Now channel is always different to the one I'm watching.

when asking for Sky Sports 2 or 3 it always chooses Sky Sports 1, chooses Pick TV instead of Disney Channel but these maybe Kinect's awful voice recognition.

CARLTIFFIN, Sep 16, 2015
  4. tohellnbak Win User

Intro and a few questions if I may.

"Xbox go to One Guide" will bring up the guide... from there it will be our basic on screen TV guide... you can also have a custom one guide to show your apps and Netflix shows etc on the guide as channels.... The guide still needs overall work... they
    do need the change the channel listing for voice.... I watch a local sports channel .... if I say Xbox watch SNYHD2.. it has not a clue... we need it to be more like... Xbox watch channel 60

Me personally though....I rarely use the guide... my TV service (Optimum IO, has like 1000 channels.. and I use a different set of HD channels that what the XB thinks I should use) I use the cable box OEM remote... just much easier to navigate channels...
  5. Lallymonster Win User

Some channels (HD) not showing up in guide

Sure thing. Comedy Central (SD) is in the guide, but the HD version is not.

Same thing for Cartoon Network. SD is in the guide, but the HD channel does not show up.

There are a few others, but these are the big channels that are missing from the guide.

Again, for clarification purposes, I can pick up my Comcast remote and change to the HD Comedy Central or HD Cartoon Network channels using it and the cable box's menu, they just don't, for some reason, show up in the XB Guide.
  6. eicastic1 Win User

Comcast channels wrong

I think the problem with reporting the "wrong number" for a channel number through "OneGuide settings -> Troubleshooting -> Report a OneGuide Problem" is that the lineup doesn't get reviewed because the number reported for the channel actually is correct
    in the guide! For example, when I report that ESPN is a "wrong number" and should be on 850, well....it does show on 850 in OneGuide. So I'm assuming this doesn't trigger a full lineup review. The problem is that OneGuide ALSO shows it on 252 (here in Richmond).
    252 is now defunct and doesn't exist as a channel via Comcast. So when we say "XBOX watch ESPN" it seems like it must internally grab the lowest channel number it can find for that HD channel and then try to change the cable box channel number to that.

So reporting a wrong channel number by giving an example doesn't seem to really work because the one we give is correct and already in the guide. The problem is that there is an "extra" channel number in the guide for a channel like ESPN and it's the extra
    channel that is wrong--it shouldn't exist as any channel, period. There's no way to report this fallacy through the interface.
  7. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Xbox One and Media Center with Local HD channels

Hi, does the guide actually show the channels correctly with 9.1 and it's just not blasted correctly? Or the guide just shows "9"?
  8. imbeholden Win User

Can't add Netflix or espn app to OneGuide

The espn app worked with my app channel - it automatically added itself to the one guide once I installed the app. The netflix app on the other hand does not show up in the list of apps that I can even add to the channel list at all. Is anybody else even
    seeing netflix as an option to add to the app channel list?
Thema:

1. Channel content doesn't show up in one guide but does at the bottom of the screen - Similar Threads - Channel content doesn't

2. Suggestion | Left/Right Channel Balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suggestion | Left/Right Channel Balance: Hello, I have slight hearing loss and I was wondering/suggesting a Left/Right channel balance like there is on Windows. For a company that parades its forwardness towards people with...
  3. Problems with Xbox Party groups and voice channels on Discord.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problems with Xbox Party groups and voice channels on Discord.: Hello everyone, for about 3 weeks I have been having a lot of problems when I joined an Xbox party. To begin with, the profile does not load correctly when I join or create a party group (it...
  4. What to do if my identity of my face, Private information is exposed on a YouTube channel...

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if my identity of my face, Private information is exposed on a YouTube channel...: A gamer from Xbox name. [Gt:Wolfologies] Has exposed My personal and private information of my identity of my face and private information on their YouTube channel called. YouTube channel:...
  5. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  6. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  7. Center Channel Audio has vanished

in XBoX on Consoles
    Center Channel Audio has vanished: Audio before purchase of Xbox Series X: perfect and perfectly calibrated Audio after purchase of Xbox Series X: stereo front speakers only, center channel has vanished I have a Marantz receiver,...
  8. Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.

in XboX Insiders
    Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.: So I’m tying to talk with my friend and stuff and randomly when I try to join my Xbox is unable to connect to the discord voice channel. I tried restarting my WiFi and unplugging my Xbox and all...
  9. ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  10. have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...