Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult

Discus and support Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, as the title suggests, my xbox live account is quite old and was made on my late father's xbox as he used to play games with me. After his passing,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by matthewyturraspe, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult

Hi, as the title suggests, my xbox live account is quite old and was made on my late father's xbox as he used to play games with me. After his passing, however, I have continued to use the xbox app on my pc and play games using the xbox game pass for windows. I was trying to download Project Wingman today, but it has told me that my account does not have the proper permission to play this game and I need to have an adult sign in. This is funny because I am over 20 years old. I have never had any trouble with other games until now. Is there any way to change my account without having my father's old login, and without having to set up game pass on a new account?

Thanks.

:)

matthewyturraspe, Nov 5, 2021
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Parent account

Changing the age under your profile data cannot change your xbox account from child to adult. If you have registered an account under 18+ of age in xbox live service that is a child account
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

How to modify date of birth in child’s account

You can't change a child account into an adult account once registered for xbox live. You can modify the DOB under your MS account's page yet that will not upgrade a child account into an adult account for the live service.
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Switching Organizer to Member?

Its not possible to change from an organizer (adult account) to a member (child account). Whether the account is an adult account or child account is dependent on the date of birth entered when the account was first created. The date of birth on the Xbox
    account cannot be changed either.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Privacy & Safety settings different between Xbox and Website

Hey Xwarrior,

Did this account graduate naturally from a child account to an adult account or was there a birthday change attempt? You can change the birthdate to the Microsoft account but it will not change the birthdate that was entered originally to the Xbox profile.

In other words, a child account will remain a child account until it graduates naturally to an adult account. No way around it.
  6. nyteflier Win User

Remove an parent account

To promote a child account to an adult account

Sign in to Xbox Live by using the account that you want to change.

Go to Settings, and then select Account.

Select Promote Child Account.
Thema:

Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult

1. Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult - Similar Threads - Changing live account

2. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  3. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  4. Can an xbox 3 month live card be exchanged or changed for a gift card?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an xbox 3 month live card be exchanged or changed for a gift card?: My mom went to Walgreens to get me a gift card but bought the wrong one she bought a xbox gold live 3 months gift card and i want to exchanged it but dont know how...
  5. How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags: Hi how can I change one Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag to another Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag can this be done. Will...
  6. I tried changing my number on xbox account but now I can't sign in to xbox live until...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried changing my number on xbox account but now I can't sign in to xbox live until...: I tried changing my number on xbox account but now I can't sign in to xbox live until changes go thru by 11/25. I can't use a code because it wants to send the code to my old number, what do I do?...
  7. My Xbox live account has been hacked, I think the hacker somehow changed the owner of the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox live account has been hacked, I think the hacker somehow changed the owner of the...: Around 3 months ago my xbox live account Str0f4 got hacked. I didnt realize because I was still able to play minecraft. When I tried to go to my microsoft account to check on my xbox account, the...
  8. Xbox Live account region change issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live account region change issue: Hello, I tried to change account region for Xbox Live profile in order to proceed with payment (Region was set to Russia, the card is UAE, so when I tried to add card details and proceed before...
  9. Change email on Xbox live account without losing the @hotmail.com email address originally...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email on Xbox live account without losing the @hotmail.com email address originally...: Hello! I have an issue where my Xbox account is attached to my parent's Microsoft account. My parents use their Microsoft account as their main email address. I would like to unlink my Xbox...
  10. HELP CHANGE REGION ACCOUNT FIRST EEUU AFTER CHANG URUGUAY MESSAGE NOT XBOX LIVE YOUR REGION ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP CHANGE REGION ACCOUNT FIRST EEUU AFTER CHANG URUGUAY MESSAGE NOT XBOX LIVE YOUR REGION ...: Hello i have a problem with migration account xbox 360 i have a suscription xbox live gold 12 month first my account region is EEUU after i change uruguay mi suscription gold not found message...