Changing Xbox accounts on Win 10

Discus and support Changing Xbox accounts on Win 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to change which Xbox account I use to play Forza Horizon 4 on PC, however the Xbox App doesn't give me the option to change what accounts... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Guns XI, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Guns XI
    Guns XI Guest

I'm trying to change which Xbox account I use to play Forza Horizon 4 on PC, however the Xbox App doesn't give me the option to change what accounts I'm signing into, even though I've already added the preferred account to my microsoft accounts on this PC.

Any ideas?

:)

Guns XI, Oct 8, 2018
  2. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Temper your expectations: UI change xbox 1

They couldnt use the win 10 kernel because its a different architecture than the Xbox One. It will be its own win 10 compatible version. It currently runs on a stripped down win 8 version. Cortana is a pretty big implementation, considering the engine, the ai, the interaction. Its going to be a pretty significant update needed, we know we know " its not going to be a big change"

SPITFIRE-SIX, Oct 8, 2018
  3. nohumanape
    nohumanape Guest
    Temper your expectations: UI change xbox 1

It doesn't seem as if the Xbox One is getting actual Windows 10. Spencer says in the linked article that it's not based on the Win 10 Kernel. Xbox One will likely just get some minor tweaks to the current design and impliment some features of Win 10, like Cortana.

I really don't think that it's going to be a very big change on the XB1 side. The bigger changes will be on the PC side and the communication with Xbox.

nohumanape, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Changing Xbox accounts on Win 10

Guns,

When you are on the Xbox app on your Windows device, go to settings, Go to the General tab and you will be able to sign out. You should then be able to sign in with the account you wish to use.

ChrisCalvin71, Oct 8, 2018
  5. Vannec
    Vannec Guest
    Additionally, I've noticed an extra step. When you click to log in, it will try to use the same account you just signed out of. But let it go and you'll get a confirmation box that pops up that says "Lets Play." On this box, you should see a small link to
    use a different account, or it might say "not you?" It's fairly convoluted and something I hope to see improved in the future.

Vannec, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: