Changing Xbox 360 profiel to other Microsoft account

Discus and support Changing Xbox 360 profiel to other Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; hi, i want to change my xbox profile(1) , it is now connected to my old microsoft account(A). I recently have made a new microsoft account(B). This... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MadMax_S, Sep 3, 2018.

1. MadMax_S
    MadMax_S Guest

hi,

i want to change my xbox profile(1) , it is now connected to my old microsoft account(A). I recently have made a new microsoft account(B). This new account(B) should be connected to xbox profile(1). How can i do this and keep al my game result from xbox
    profile(1).

hope i have put it clearly to you and that anyone can give me the trick to do this.

kind regards,

Max

:)

MadMax_S, Sep 3, 2018
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, Sep 3, 2018
  3. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Changing Xbox 360 profiel to other Microsoft account

To make things simple I will follow this example

Profile 1 (P1) and Account A (Aa) are attached together

You want Account B (Ab) email to be attached to P1

Is this correct?

Keep in mind ALL purchases go with the accounts themselves so ANY purchases that have been made on Ab will not transfer over to Aa

If Ab is a MS server email (@hotmail, @outlook, @live, @msn) this will not work. And if you follow these steps you will lose access to that email FOREVER.

Following these steps will only change the email used to sign into the account with EVERYTHING else (purchases, passwords, payment options, security proofs) will remain the same.

1. Sign in at account.microsoft.com/addassocid with Ab You may have to verify ownership of account with a security code through a security proof

2. Add a new (outlook) dummy email to that account.

3. Make Outlook account Primary email.

4. Remove Email that you want on P1 DO NOT DO THIS IF IT IS A MS SERVER EMAIL and you want to keep that email

5. Sign out of Ab

6. Sign into Aa (P1) at account.microsoft.com/addassocid Again may have to verify account with security code to a security proof.

7. Add an existing email and add the email that was on Ab (P1) to that account it will probably send an email verifying that you have access to that email.

8. Make that email the primary once its verified.

9. You will then have to remove your account from any console that it is on and redownload your account with the new email.

steeledwand7664, Sep 3, 2018
  5. MadMax_S
    MadMax_S Guest
    Thanx for your quick answer. It verry simple I see

I will try it out tomorrow.

the new email adres is a pop3 server so no exchange.

the old email adres is a hotmail adres but that is not a problem i understand?

thanx again,

Max

MadMax_S, Nov 5, 2018
  6. MadMax_S Win User

Thanx for your quick answer. It verry simple I seešŸ˜‰

I will try it out tomorrow.

the new email adres is a pop3 server so no exchange.

the old email adres is a hotmail adres but that is not a problem i understand?

thanx again,

Max
  7. steeledwand7664 Win User

To make things simple I will follow this example

Profile 1 (P1) and Account A (Aa) are attached together

You want Account B (Ab) email to be attached to P1

Is this correct?

Keep in mind ALL purchases go with the accounts themselves so ANY purchases that have been made on Ab will not transfer over to Aa

If Ab is a MS server email (@hotmail, @outlook, @live, @msn) this will not work. And if you follow these steps you will lose access to that email FOREVER.

Following these steps will only change the email used to sign into the account with EVERYTHING else (purchases, passwords, payment options, security proofs) will remain the same.

1. Sign in at account.microsoft.com/addassocid with Ab You may have to verify ownership of account with a security code through a security proof

2. Add a new (outlook) dummy email to that account.

3. Make Outlook account Primary email.

4. Remove Email that you want on P1 DO NOT DO THIS IF IT IS A MS SERVER EMAIL and you want to keep that email

5. Sign out of Ab

6. Sign into Aa (P1) at account.microsoft.com/addassocid Again may have to verify account with security code to a security proof.

7. Add an existing email and add the email that was on Ab (P1) to that account it will probably send an email verifying that you have access to that email.

8. Make that email the primary once its verified.

9. You will then have to remove your account from any console that it is on and redownload your account with the new email.
  8. paaggg Win User

DLC sharing between profiles

Hey Mister Rush

So there is a way to share purchases between profiels on the same console? I do not understand what you mee by "using the console that the licenses are currently transferred to". I have purchased an add-on for lotr conquest and I am not able to play it on
    my other profiels.

9. WPAK Win User

Changing email on Xbox.com won't allow me to login

Hi there,

as far as I know you are only able to change the associated Microsoft Account connected to an Xbox Live account via the xbox 360 console.

Currently there aren't any other ways to change the associated Microsoft Account (email address) sorry
  10. knipknap1 Win User

fortress craft

Hello me name is knipknap. For the people that wan't to download indie games you sould read this (Im from the netherlands so we can't use any indie games) 1. You need a usb stick then setup your usb as a xbox360 memmory stick. 2. Download a indie profiel
    you can find this profiel on google or yohoo use the name to find it Indie Profiel's. If you search this you may find free Profiels some you need to pay for it. 3.take you usb out of your xbox place it in your pc. For more information look on this website.
    All CopyRight's goes to Microsoft At own risc to use it not me!. I got full respect for Microsoft and me meaning of this link is only to help those people that need so bad indie!. [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poyp6dGVLnU&feature=grec_index]
Thema:

1. Changing Xbox 360 profiel to other Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Changing 360 profiel

2. For some reason on the Xbox 360 dashboard when I go to change my theme it always freezes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason on the Xbox 360 dashboard when I go to change my theme it always freezes...: [img] It always freezes here EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post. 1062f26f-1c49-4932-9c3b-a310d9fecde6
  3. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  4. For some reason on the Xbox 360 dashboard when I go to change my theme it always freezes...

in XBoX on Windows
    For some reason on the Xbox 360 dashboard when I go to change my theme it always freezes...: [img] It always freezes here 1062f26f-1c49-4932-9c3b-a310d9fecde6
  5. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  6. If I log into an Xbox 360 will my custom profile picture be changed to something else or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I log into an Xbox 360 will my custom profile picture be changed to something else or...: So Iā€™ve been buying some Xbox 360 games for my older cousin so that he can play them since heā€™s been on the Xbox 360 for a long time and I just want to know if I log on to his Xbox 360 what will...
  7. Can I use Microsoft account balance to change gamer tag on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use Microsoft account balance to change gamer tag on Xbox 360?: I was told buy ā€œYumi Tā€ I think on Xbox partners chat that I could, then I double checked after I already bought and redeemed the gift card (im stupid for that), and someone else said I couldnā€™tā€¦...
  8. how do i change -personalize the background theme on a 360 console

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i change -personalize the background theme on a 360 console: i have an original 360 elite console from about 2012 maybe , googled how to do it but every anser it says to do the menues arent listed on my console. Like - Profile & system > Settings > General...
  9. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  10. name change for xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    name change for xbox 360: so, I have an Xbox 360. but I'm not sure if the new guidelines will change or remove the gamertag name purchase once we hit july 29,2024. I don't see anything on this on Xbox support, i am looking...