Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away

Discus and support Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was wondering if it is possible to change the email that my Xbox account is under. I have had the account for over a decade and have more games... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DomenicB_964, Sep 19, 2023.

1. DomenicB_964
    DomenicB_964 Guest

Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away

I was wondering if it is possible to change the email that my Xbox account is under. I have had the account for over a decade and have more games purchased on it than I can remember. The email had belonged to my dad since I was a kid at the time, but since he passed away a few years ago I have continued to use, and purchase items on this main account. I knew the password to this email so I wasn't too worried about changing it, But a few days ago it told me I need to verify his account with his old cell phone getting a verification code. He passed over 2 years ago so I don't even know where his old phone is, not that it would even work. Is their any way I can change this email to one of mine so I still have access. I have been trying to find a phone number to call about this, but the AI bot always hangs up before letting me talk with a real person. If anyone could help with this problem or at least point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

:)

DomenicB_964, Sep 19, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there, my name is Gerardo and I'm an Xbox player like you. I'll be happy to help.

I'm sorry to read that you are going through this situation.

You can change the email address of the account if you know the password by first removing the security information from it, such as the phone number to which you no longer have access, just keep in mind that this process lasts 30 days before the change takes effect (for security reasons) and there is no way to speed up this process.

If you don't have access to the phone number or alternate email, choose "I don't have either" when prompted for the verification code and follow the instructions to change your security information. You'll see your security info under Security settings. Choose Remove for any you want to remove. You may be asked to add new security info before you can remove the old info.

I recommend the following website from where I got the above information and you will also see that it contains other useful information about it:

https://support.microsoft.com/accou...on-codes-bf2505ca-cae5-c5b4-77d1-69d3343a5452

Once you have removed the old verification information and changed it to a new one, you can change your Microsoft account email address by following the instructions:

https://support.microsoft.com/accou...-account-761a662d-8032-88f4-03f3-c9ba8ba0e00b

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Best regards.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox Gamepass Ultimate with Microsoft Family

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community, regarding your question and unfortunately, the pc does not have the option to set it as home, it already exists on the console, so account sharing works, but it is possible to use your father's signature on your profile on pc, as long as you're not playing at the same time.

To play on your PC profile, you need to add your father's account that has a Windows subscription, follow the instructions below.

Go to the windows settings, select the option accounts, click on email and accounts, click on add a Microsoft account, in which case the account to be added must belong to the person who has signed the game pass.

Now go to the Microsoft Store and log in with the account that has the game pass in it, which in this case is your parent's account. Go to the Xbox app, and log in with your account.

*Importantly, it is necessary that the account logged into the Microsoft store belongs to the person who has the game pass subscription, so the system can understand that it has an active subscription.

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  4. CristianVacchiano Win User

Trasfer data from an account to another

Unfortunately that's not what I was looking for, I wanted to pass all the things of that account (initially created with my father's email) On my email
  5. l The Lukedog l Win User

Still labelled child account despite being 18 years old

Hi,

Checking that Xbox Family link has reaffirmed the same issue I have had for several years. My account is still considered a child account as it is linked to my father’s Xbox 360 era account.

He lost access to the email attached to the parent account and lost the password years ago. He has also unfortunately since passed away.

As a result, I am unable to access his account and remove my child account status. Is there any other route I can go down in solving this issue?

Thanks for your time.
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

Old Xbox account recovery issues

"I believe the email to the account is also not correct since it was made using a one time use email by my father."

Your father would be the only one who knows.

Create a new account with your credentials.
Thema:

1. Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away - Similar Threads - Changing main email

2. Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial: When i setup my sons Xbox quite quickly on Xmas day i figured it was best to set the 3 month Game Pass Trial to his account. I have my own Microsoft account and created family logins for my two...
  3. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is impossible as i was just using it? ThankyouI changed...
  4. I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account I've had for years and i wanted to put that gamertag on my main account (so I freed it up) but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is...
  5. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: Like did i just lose my gamertag forever because xbox makes no sense? 86137c99-ef6f-4a5b-9997-067b85c3aa6c
  6. I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to: I have a microsoft account I don't use and a microsoft account I do use, however, the microsoft account I do use is on the email I don't use and the microsoft account I don't use is on the email I...
  7. my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used...: my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used before and now I don't have any of my purchases and can't access that account the account has changed...
  8. After changing my main Microsoft email, I lost access to some games I had purchased

in XBoX Accessibility
    After changing my main Microsoft email, I lost access to some games I had purchased: The one I care about the most is Minecraft, I had both Java and Bedrock purchased on my account, and now I lost access to both. I haven't played them for a very long time, today I tried logging...
  9. I've lost access to my main account after gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've lost access to my main account after gamertag change: Split from this thread. I have the exact same thing. Made an account linked to one emailadress, then all of a sudden it logged me out and i had to add my profile again to xbox. I did with...
  10. How do I change my main email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my main email?: So, I don't want to be rambling about the "rambler.ru" situation, but my account was changed to a random russian email, I think I got full control of the account back but this email is still the...