Changing recovery email after attack

Discus and support Changing recovery email after attack in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, someone robbed my microsoft account. I spent a many hours to logged in again and change my password, but I can't change recovery email, because... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Patrik Schüler, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Changing recovery email after attack

Hello, someone robbed my microsoft account. I spent a many hours to logged in again and change my password, but I can't change recovery email, because system wants to check my identity over this email which someone changed to his own. What to do?

:)

Patrik Schüler, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Patrik! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft account being compromised.

From the official Microsoft article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245 Kindly try to follow the instructions in the interactive tool in order to recover your account.

If the steps above didn't work, you will need to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further escalations as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case.

According to Microsoft Agent | Moderator, XBF Brad A and Xbox Ambassador, CosmicCraze:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/988332e4-631f-457c-8bc8-210e7a19be37 and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ive-chat/b75d470e-8c19-4399-bcc9-e6e0bc2ec2fd

Here's how to contact Xbox Support:

"Chat Support:

> Visit the Xbox Support website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
    > Click on the "Contact Us" button in the right of the screen.
    > Select the issue you need help with and click on the "Next" option.
    > Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    > Follow the prompts to connect to a live chat agent.

For Callback Support:

> Select Xbox One
    > Select See more options then subscription changes
    > Select Show Contact options
    > Select Request a call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives a request for a call from support as a contact option.

If you're unable to contact them, try again at a later time."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Georges C. Win User

Cant change email after recovery

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello Hobo, if you had your account hacked fill in the form and recovered your account, you must have provided a new email to transfer the data to the new account, with that you will not be able to change the email to your old account .
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Can't verify my phone number

To use the recovery email you You should have configured it before losing access, even knowing the email and password should give you the i don't have that number option and the possibility to change it waiting for 30 days after the change takes effect
  5. khizar hasan1 Win User

Minecraft account

I have filled the recovery form my alternate email wasn't changed my Gmail has been recovered

But I the password isint changing its still sends the password recovery to the hackers email
  6. AVIRAL NACHHOLA Win User

Not able to change recovery email due to hacker cancelling the process.

Thanks for the reply but i already reset my password through this. My problem is i am unable to change the recovery email that Hacker changed earlier. He still access my account as he got his email set as recovery email on my account.
Thema:

1. Changing recovery email after attack - Similar Threads - Changing recovery email

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. Not able to change recovery email due to hacker cancelling the process.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not able to change recovery email due to hacker cancelling the process.: Hello, my microsoft account (same i am using right now) was hacked a few weeks ago and the hacker changed my recovery email and password. I was able to get my account back and change the password...
  5. Can I speed up the process of changing the recovery email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I speed up the process of changing the recovery email?: I just want to change the recovery email, but now it says its gonna take a month. a022fadc-e844-4862-99da-ae4f35f2ac22
  6. Y will my new password not take when I change when I go through account recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Y will my new password not take when I change when I go through account recovery: I just needed help with my account on xbox because I don't remember my password and I don't have that account logged in 5caa09e8-3c3c-46aa-a2dc-5b3346a34697
  7. My boyfriend’s Xbox account got hacked with Email and recovery email changed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My boyfriend’s Xbox account got hacked with Email and recovery email changed.: My boyfriend’s Xbox account got hacked. They changed the address and recovery address. He tried to set up a new account with the same email address but Microsoft said it’s linked to another...
  8. My account got hacked, people who hacked my account change recovery email and change the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hacked, people who hacked my account change recovery email and change the...: Please people me. My account got hack trying get my account back for like 2 or 3 months idk if they deleted the account and when I was making new Microsoft account I use the email that got hacked...
  9. my account was hacked, email was changed, phone number and recovery email deleted. i have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my account was hacked, email was changed, phone number and recovery email deleted. i have...: Hello, so my account was hacked about an hour ago, as expected support has been less than helpful by telling me my account "no longer exists". right, so i can't enter any information onto the...
  10. I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the...: I need to change my recovery email to match my regular email I no longer have access to the old email 761fe2f8-e160-4fc6-811f-536c2604635c