changing privacy and online safety

Discus and support changing privacy and online safety in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to change my settings so that I can purchase things on the online store. I have gone to my parent's account and am trying to access my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VerdantZer0, Dec 30, 2015.

1. VerdantZer0
    VerdantZer0 Guest

I am trying to change my settings so that I can purchase things on the online store. I have gone to my parent's account and am trying to access my privacy and online safety settings from there. However each time I have done this I have been told that there
    is a temporary problem with the service. This has been happening for a few days now and I want to know whether I will have to wait or if this can be fixed.

:)

VerdantZer0, Dec 30, 2015
  2. thiennguyen8199, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Wolfie McG
    Wolfie McG Guest
    Wolfie McG, Dec 30, 2015
  4. DarthLardy
    DarthLardy Guest

I'm having exactly the same problem. My son has his Xbox One at his mum's house but his account is linked to mine so the only way I can change his settings to allow him to buy games with Xbox vouchers he has is through my account on xbox.com but it isn't
    working.

DarthLardy, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Did0CR7
    Did0CR7 Guest
    Same problem on other account no have problem only on my first account when i have this problem i no see my all friends on fifa 16 fifa say me i no have friends

Did0CR7, Dec 31, 2015
  6. xR3DxD3MONx
    xR3DxD3MONx Guest
    Same problem. Would like an answer as how to fix without completely starting a new account

xR3DxD3MONx, Dec 31, 2015
  7. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for the support messages.

Please go ahead and post a new thread instead of on someone elses.

@VerdantZer0: Are you still having this problem? If so, please try to change the privacy settings online instead by signing into the parental account and going to
    account.xbox.com/Settings and then "Privacy & Online Safety" be sure to click the child's Gamertag.

Cheers!

iNb4 Ownage, Oct 31, 2018
  8. XBF Aicha T Win User

Privacy error on minecraft dungeons

9. XBF Aicha T Win User

Can’t save changes to privacy settings

10. thiennguyen8199 Win User

Halo 4 (I cant access my file share)

11. XBF Ezra G Win User

Conversa[Conversation]

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with chatting online due to account privacy & online safety settings. To adjust this, check out this article:

Changing Online Safety & Privacy Settings

I hope this helps.
  12. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Son gave out his last name

Thema:

1. changing privacy and online safety - Similar Threads - changing privacy online

2. How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account?: I am on a playstation five but i have just installed a xbox owned game (sea of thieves) i wanted to talk to people in game but i cant hear anyone and no one can hear me i am using my old microsoft...
  3. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  4. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  5. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  6. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...
  7. Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?: I want to change my privacy settings, but it tells me I can't because it's a child account in a family group. I'm not in a family, and I never have been. Because I'm not in a family, I can't...
  8. My fortnite account was made with *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I changed it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My fortnite account was made with *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I changed it...: They sent a reset pasword to the creation I tried to acces does not exist I creat one it is taken how? Please help me recover it I need it badly 88fcebc1-440a-4ae9-988f-3a45a7b9adf6
  9. The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...: I have tried to connect to the sign in on different web browsers but every time I get an error message when trying to sign into my Microsoft account on the Xbox account website. I have tried...
  10. I can´t change my online safety and privacy Xbox settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can´t change my online safety and privacy Xbox settings.: (Sorry for any english errors) I was trying to acess the online safety and privacy Xbox account settings but everytime i go to that page it appears the "The URL may be misspelled or the page...