Changing my username back to my old one

Discus and support Changing my username back to my old one in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Minecraft: I changed my very random name to use it on another account 40 days ago, and it is telling me that my account name is in use. I checked on a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ShaunJO, Dec 3, 2023.

1. ShaunJO
    ShaunJO Guest

Minecraft:

I changed my very random name to use it on another account 40 days ago, and it is telling me that my account name is in use. I checked on a website for usernames and it still has my skin.

Furthermore, I doubt anyone would take it because it's a very random long name with 5 random numbers, but it's sentimental to me.

Anyone know if this is normal for a period of time, or perhaps if I lost access to the name forever?

:)

ShaunJO, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello ShaunJO,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that your concern is related to profile name in Minecraft Java that was changed. Let us help you find the most accurate information on how to address your concern and point you to the right support team where you can get the best resolution to your concern.

Minecraft usernames are unique, so if someone else has already claimed the name, you won't be able to use it again. As per the game support article, when you change your Java profile name, your previous name is saved for 37 days. This gives you an additional week to change back if you change your mind before your previous Java profile name becomes available to anyone else. You can find the information here: Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name VS Gamertag FAQ | Minecraft Help

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello ShaunJO,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. BiohazardBR Win User

I GOTTA CHANGE MY USERNAME BACK TO MY OLD USERNAME!

IM IN A CRISIS RIGHT NOW I GOTTA CHANGE MY USERNAME BACK FOR FREE HELP ME PLEASE! D:
    Hi there, if you already changed your username for free then for the next change you gonna have to pay.
  5. Smwutches Win User

I GOTTA CHANGE MY USERNAME BACK TO MY OLD USERNAME!

If you've already used your free change, you'll have to pay if you want to change it again. There is no way around that.
  6. CubeMasterRT Win User

Is there a way to revert back Xbox username?

Thanks for responding, Bruh moment, Microsoft simply tricked me by saying numbers will not be shown, but they are everywhere! I want my old username back not changing it to a new one.
Thema:

1. Changing my username back to my old one - Similar Threads - Changing username old

2. I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...: I am on xbox one s and yesterday i changed my name after 2 years. I did not use the classic custom gamertag option and after i changed it it updated it in all of my games but when i am in a party...
  3. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  4. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  5. Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username: I need help getting my old account back e44e9be3-9bfb-4b55-9f39-3211b73f93d3
  6. How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed): On Saturday, Around 5:58 PM, December 23rd 2023, i was playing minecraft on hypixel when someone invited me to a party. they said they wanted to vc so i friended them on discord. they invited me...
  7. my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back: I tried to make a support ticket on minecraft.net and they said to use actual microsoft support and everytime i try to contact somebody it only says I can contact the community, which really wont...
  8. Why does it still show my old username when I changed it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still show my old username when I changed it: I changed my name a week and a bit a go I thought it would show my new one how do I fix this problem I payed for it. 2449449b-c79a-453d-93ae-3dbd9750f39c
  9. I changed my username but it shows my old username underneath the new one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my username but it shows my old username underneath the new one: My username is glitching out 06d9c4e7-cf79-4aa0-b27b-e1a2c604c52f
  10. account stolen email change and every redeemable device but you can see your old username...

in XBoX Accessibility
    account stolen email change and every redeemable device but you can see your old username...: My account had been stolen i don't know for how long when i go to login it says account dosent existed make a new one but when i go to check for my username and use the original email it finds it...