changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available

Discus and support changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I know the name is 100% available, but it says my account owns it already even though I only own a version with the # at the end. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by sparklegoatz, May 20, 2023.

1. sparklegoatz
    sparklegoatz Guest

changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available

I know the name is 100% available, but it says my account owns it already even though I only own a version with the # at the end. Is there any way to remove the numbers without me having to change the gamertag to a different name and then back to the name I want and losing over $20?

:)

sparklegoatz, May 20, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Nope. The system will only see you as already having the tag, so you'd have to change it to free it up and then change it back once it becomes available again (assuming no one else grabs it in the meantime).
  3. ngocphi Win User

If you got a hashtag before that means the name is already used

You gotta remember that names have to be unique .

If thr system says it's taken ita taken

Just.not the un unique way you are trying

So Ngoc Phi is the same as or for example thr system doesn't see spaces as different from no spaces
  4. John Tuzcu Win User

Gamertag

Hi Doezi;

Nobody will be able to claim the same gamertag without a mandatory, auto-assigned suffix. . The suffix is auto-assigned by Xbox to make sure everyone
    is unique. Xbox doesn’t allow players to select their own suffix at this time. Once a user changes his gamertag, the previous one will be available to others. If
    you want a gamertag without a suffix, you can! It just has to be a gamertag that hasn't been claimed by someone else, you can find out by checking availability when changing your gamertag.

Hoped this helped!
  5. Natacha Keely Win User

Xbox gametag without suffix

Hello, yeah but you didn't understand my "question". My gamertag is available. I shouldn't have those numbers and I know it because I have the original gamertag that i liberated by changing it in the first place. I can give the support the e-mails of both
    the accounts that had this specific gamertag before I tried to change it to have it on the right e-mail account.

So now, even if I know MYGAMERTAG is available, I still have the dumb MYGAMERTAG1687 instead of the one without numbers, and if I want the one without numbers, I can't because it says I already have it, so to fix this I should use a OTHERGAMERTAG to change,
    then change again to MYGAMERTAG to have access to the one without numbers (because, as I said, I know it is available as I have liberated it in the other account)

So none of my changes were worth anything and if I want the one with no numbers I have to pay 2 time the change as it won't let met change for the same gamertag without the numbers
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Having Trouble with Multiple Microsoft Accounts & Gamertags

Thank you, I ask this because when you have numbers after the # symbol. For the system it means that your have the OzzyKP gamertag.

In order to change OzzyKP5721 to the one without numbers, you may need to change first that gamertag to a completely different gamertag, for example, change OzzyKP5721 to OzzyKKPP and then check if OzzyKP without the numbers appears

PS: But keep in mind that this doesn't guaranteed that you're going to see the gamertag without the numbers available
Thema:

1. changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available - Similar Threads - changing gamertag same

2. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  3. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  8. I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?: as the title suggests, I have an issue with my classic gamertag I just purchased it to change, but its still showing up as my old one. I really don’t want it to be a waste of money...
  9. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  10. My gamertag and username(?) Is different. How do I change it so that theyre the same

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag and username(?) Is different. How do I change it so that theyre the same: I tried to change my gamertag! The system adds some numbers automatically even with availability, which is a little annoying, but i don't really mind paying the fee to change it. The problem...