Changing gamertag from child to adult

Discus and support Changing gamertag from child to adult in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi How do i change my family account. CHILD. to adult status i cant seem to find option Do i need to remove him from my fammily account first ?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by newsance, Feb 16, 2018.

1. newsance
    newsance Guest

Hi

How do i change my family account. CHILD. to adult status

i cant seem to find option

Do i need to remove him from my fammily account first ?

Appreciate some assistance

thanks

Craig newlands

:)

newsance, Feb 16, 2018
  2. Changing an Account from Child to Adult

Hey there, RegencyCoin0! I'm very sorry to see that you don't have access to the parent account to be able to promote your account. This thread is over a year old. You will want to contact us via phone or
    chat support to look into this further. If you need assistance with any other support issues, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that
    works best on the forums. Changing gamertag from child to adult :)

Misses Quinzel, Feb 16, 2018
  3. RegencyCoin0
    RegencyCoin0 Guest
    Changing an Account from Child to Adult

What if you dont have access to the parent account? i moved from my 360 to the one, i've been purchasing material from the online store on the 360 for almost 2 years now, im well over 18 but im now being restricted on the one. How do i get my old settings
    back?

RegencyCoin0, Feb 16, 2018
  4. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest

The only way to promote a child account to an adult account, is to wait until that account reaches the adult age. In the US I believe that is 18 years old. If it was not set up this way, any child could find a way to promote their account to be able to purchase
    or play games with an adult rating. Your best bet would be to add another account, and be certain to set the age as an adult.

oOUTSIDERo62, Feb 16, 2018
  5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

The only way to promote a child account to an adult account, is to wait until that account reaches the adult age. In the US I believe that is 18 years old. If it was not set up this way, any child could find a way to promote their account to be able to purchase
    or play games with an adult rating. Your best bet would be to add another account, and be certain to set the age as an adult.
  6. Jacyintha Win User

Online privacy setting won't save

The privacy settings are separate from the whethere the account is child or adult. If your account is set up as a child account, there might be a parent gamertag that could change your privacy settings...
  7. MTA Raylz Win User

important

1,is your account an child or Adult? and if it is an adult just disconect and reconnect from the wirless network and unplug the router for 1minute and then plug back in the router it should work.

2,if its a child account you must get the gamertag associated with an adult account tied to it to acept the terms and condtions and if that fails you must check out microsoft support forums and post there on how to get it changed to an adult account.
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

Kinderkonto zu Erwachsenenkonto Stufen -[Translation - Children's account to adult account levels]

Hello PhilipBasgal,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in changing a child account to an adult account. Once an account has been established as a child account, it cannot be changed to an adult account until the child turns
    18. The best way to manage the child account is to
    add it to a family
    . This requires an adult account to add the child account to the family. Once the child account has been added to the adult account's family, the child account will be able to access online features. Be sure to let us know the results!
  9. Pain130798 Win User

I can't play games.

try to change your account from child to adult
Thema:

1. Changing gamertag from child to adult - Similar Threads - Changing gamertag child

2. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  3. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  8. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  9. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  10. Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?: Hi, My sons gamertag has recently changed and we wondered is this something he can do himself without parental input (he has a child's account and is 8) or should we be concerned about account...