Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...

Discus and support Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So as the title says, i tried to change the gamertag for my kid, through the family management portal, I chose the gamertag i wanted and went through... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sebastian Flæng, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...

So as the title says, i tried to change the gamertag for my kid, through the family management portal, I chose the gamertag i wanted and went through the actions. All of this was free, and didn't tell me which gamertag i was changing - I chose my kids account before hitting "Change Gamertag", the change was free.

After the update, the management site broke so i tried to login and out again, but I saw then that my own gamertag got changed to the gamertag I input for my kids account, i thought it might have been a graphical error as when i went into my account it still showed my old gamertag.

I tried to login and out again, and tried to change the gamertag again for the kid account, it showed me the current gamertag and let me change it, once again, for free. Though this gave me the gamertag + 3 random numbers, as my own account had been changed.

So now I have 2 gamertags I need to change due to the confusing/missing info regarding gamertag changing.

When I tried to change my own back I got asked for payment method, as apparently the change suddenly costs 10EUR

I don't understand why this costs so much, and especially when the discriptions on the websites are very confusing, and let to the issues.

I don't understand the cost as a paywall to make sure users don't just change their gamertag in the first place.

What can I do to a rollback, or get the changes made without having to pay the 20EUR fee?

:)

Sebastian Flæng, Aug 30, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to change both names to the correct ones?

Hello Sebastian Flæng Markdanner,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion and issues you've experienced with changing your child's gamertag and inadvertently changing your own. Unfortunately, Microsoft does charge a fee of 10EUR to change a gamertag, and this fee applies to each gamertag change.

If you believe there was an error or issue with the family management portal that caused the confusion and unintended gamertag changes, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft customer support for assistance.

You can contact Microsoft customer support through the Xbox support website or by following the guide below. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible about the issue and any steps you've already taken to try to resolve it.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to change both names to the correct ones?

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. BIGBOY x 760 Win User

gamertag

I have made my own gamer-tag which was ( BIgBoyLuVMilPhZ ) and they forced changed it which was pretty dumb, and now I have to make another new gamer-tag with my money again. I think they should keep that (FREE NAME CHANGE) for the people who get there gamer-tag
    banned for the first time. Don't you think? :/
  5. WittyColt726827 Win User

Gamertag changed after being forced to download profile.

So because someone decided that my gamer tag of over 2 years needed changed i now have to either live with the lame name that i was provided with or pay to change it.
  6. LocoDegree1634 Win User

Gamertag

I got the same error on my son's account, said the gamer tag name was available. Now it says I need to pay $9.95 to change.??? Still the same name he was assigned 😡
Thema:

Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...

1. Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to... - Similar Threads - Changing Gamer tag

2. Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...: Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an now i cant find him please help me get that msg back so i can find him...
  3. gamer tag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamer tag change: Hi all. I singed in my xbox account on one of the kids ipad to download a purchased item on Minecraft PE. Somehow they managed to change my gamertag from one I have had for 15+ years completely...
  4. Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag: the only benefit I see is greed by a big corporation absolutely scandalous there is no reason for this charge you should be allowed to change it once a year for free...
  5. Change Gamer Tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Gamer Tag: I changed my gamer tag, and it shows in the upper left corner when I sign in, but when it displays my character in a game it still has the computer generated name showing. How do I change that?...
  6. Changing gamer tag using Xbox gift card or Microsoft points

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamer tag using Xbox gift card or Microsoft points: Recently I changed my gamer tag by mistake and waters my free chance, rn I figured that maybe a Xbox gift card could Help but I see no option 1d4eff62-2cd8-480f-a97b-5ebf16796699
  7. I changed my Xbox gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my Xbox gamer tag: I changed my Xbox gamer tag because it wouldn't display on bedrock. It turns out that wasn't even the issue so now I'm stuck with the suffix. They did not tell me ahead of time that it was a one...
  8. My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...: My gamer tag has changed and don't know when, but I'm assuming recently when my Microsoft account was compromised. I've had that gamer tag ever since I first made my account when the Xbox first...
  9. I bought a gamer tag change and it didn’t change is this a glitch if not I want my money back

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a gamer tag change and it didn’t change is this a glitch if not I want my money back: I bought a gamertag change to change my classic gamertag but after I Bought it it didn’t change and it still charged me. I wanted to put my gamertag to “FishyyABC123” from “LifeLess98” but when I...
  10. I was hacked and my gamer tag was changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was hacked and my gamer tag was changed: My Microsoft account was hacked and the gamer tag was changed. I wanted to change it back but I have to pay to change it back. 5c67f441-2026-4281-ac35-671f3b38db96