Changing Game Language

Discus and support Changing Game Language in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have recently moved to Germany where I have purchased an xbox x and i have installed COD World At War but I can not get the game language to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FourPuma33936, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Changing Game Language

Hi. I have recently moved to Germany where I have purchased an xbox x and i have installed COD World At War but I can not get the game language to change to English, it will only give German. I have changed system language and location to English/England but still no luck. Am I missing something?

:)

FourPuma33936, Dec 28, 2023
  2. HassanB Win User

Language problem in Arcade game Catan

That's not changing your region or language. That's your locale on your console. The only way to change the account region language would be by going to the link I gave you above and following the directions under Change your Xbox LIVE account language.
    You followed the directions for Change your Xbox 360 console language.

The console language does not affect the language of the game it's only for family settings and WiFi settings if you use those two things. The Xbox LIVE account language is what's going to affect the language of the game and your account.

But as I said, ultimately it's up to the developer to make it so there are multiple language options from within the games menu. Without those two options available to you, you will not be able to change the language of a.) your account (if there's no preferred
    language drop down) or b.) change the language of the game (if there's no settings to change the game language).
  3. Smwutches Win User

Grid 2 from Games With Gold for May 2016 - Only in French

The language of a game is determined by what the developers make available for download in each country. Unless there is an in-game menu to change the language, there is no other way to change the language of the game.
  4. maroinjoundi Win User

Alien Isolation: to change spanish to english

it hasn't been fixed, we still cannot change the game language without changing the whole operative system language. Steam has an option to change each game's language, add that.
  5. Saul Goode77 Win User

change game language

I have a friend who purchased the game in Brazil, by default the language was Spanish when they played(their xbox language was set to English), in order for them to change it to Portuguese (the other language on the disk), they have to change the Language
    for their Xbox to Portuguese.

Now in your case, if your default language is English on your xbox and you're still getting the game in Spanish, then maybe Spanish is the only language that's on the game disk. There's no option in the game for changing the language.
  6. NLbawz Win User

Language change

Hey,

On Xbox it's as simple as setting your Xbox's language on the language you want and it'd download some files to change it to said language. I assume it's the same on PC and thus give changing the display language a try.

Also some games have the option to change the language and subtitles in-game in the options menu, I suggest going through those first before changing the language of your PC.
Thema:

Changing Game Language

1. Changing Game Language - Similar Threads - Changing Game Language

2. when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...: when i go to select my country in the payment the zone with the slider is grey'd out and there is no description on the page. I looked at my pc settings and in my microsoft account settings and it...
  3. With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...: I want to be able to hear my discord call and whenever I try to change the volume on my headset or Xbox I can only change game volume 43542c3a-7b4e-46f6-9852-e593079d69ba
  4. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  5. I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer: I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I downloaded the game with English language support on the computer, but the game is in Spanish and there are no language changes in the game. How can I...
  6. Change Age of Empires language to Spanish in Geforce Now platform (PC Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change Age of Empires language to Spanish in Geforce Now platform (PC Game Pass): I am playing Age of Empires IV in Geforce Now platform (PC Game Pass) through a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. I am deeply disappointed as the game is only in English and there is no way to...
  7. Change language (audio, UI, text) of Starfield / NO language option in the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change language (audio, UI, text) of Starfield / NO language option in the game: I am super annoyed about the fact that the Xbox App does NOT give me the option I want to install a game in and that games like Gears 5 or Starfield also do NOT have a language option IN GAME. My...
  8. How can I change the language of a game downloaded from Microsoft Store without changing my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I change the language of a game downloaded from Microsoft Store without changing my...: Hello, I have Age Of Empires IV downloaded from the Microsoft Store. My system's language (Windows 11) is hungarian, and the game's language is automatically set to the same. How can I set the...
  9. How do I change language for Sword and Fairy 7 to chinese in game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change language for Sword and Fairy 7 to chinese in game pass?: THere's no setting to change it but it says it supports simplified chinese... 02ac043b-05d6-4109-b831-ea2a4ad4d790
  10. Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?: I don't want to change my Desktop language, but I hate those cheap localized local versions of games. f645aac9-81a3-434d-abcc-ca09f3240dac