changin language whidout being forced to change locale

Discus and support changin language whidout being forced to change locale in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Same here. I'm french, living in France, but want to play my games in english and use english voice commands (since french ones are really badly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Delta Halo DH99, Jan 19, 2014.

  1. JestersShade
    JestersShade Guest

    changin language whidout being forced to change locale


    Same here.

    I'm french, living in France, but want to play my games in english and use english voice commands (since french ones are really badly turned ...)

    But not having french market for apps and currency is anoying!

    Like already said : just doing like it is on my 360 would be good!
     
    JestersShade, Jun 4, 2014
    #16
  2. but still there ist the question wy my archievements are in French if my MS account is Dutch it doesnt add up french is not the locale laguage here its DUTCH currently my archievments are in 3 languages english,Dutch,French HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE so decide
    MS dont understand a damm word french so get my problem come on ms fix it please or give me an answer how this can happen
     
    Delta Halo DH99, Jul 30, 2014
    #17
  3. now titanfall archievements turned From englisch to french you kidding its getting worse are you guyes at ms even looking at what are saying on these forums
     
    Delta Halo DH99, Jul 30, 2014
    #18
  4. The Dude 977
    The Dude 977 Guest

    changin language whidout being forced to change locale

    Same here, I need my games, console language and voice commands in english in Germany. Pls make this happen soon. It would be great !!!
     
    The Dude 977, Aug 15, 2014
    #19
  5. Dalton RSCA
    Dalton RSCA Guest
    Same problem here, live in Belgium, speak dutch, description for achievemets on the one is in French. I prefer them in English

    Should be able to choose the language i like

    please put this in the update for september or solve the problem when the xbox one is released in Belgium
     
    Dalton RSCA, Aug 21, 2014
    #20
  6. ahe753
    ahe753 Guest
    I just want to add one thing: To firstly choose language and secondly where you are, for then to limit country selection to countries that have the chosen language as official, is nothing but ***. It´s extremely user-unfriendly.

    I moved to Germany because of my job, but my German isn´t very good. To be able to pay for any service at all, I have to set my language to German. But then I hardly understand anything. And all the movies I rent are DUBBED! Cannot even choose the original
    language.

    Microsoft: Fire the stupid idiot who decided this way of choosing language and location, and change it to the only sensible solution: Language and location to be independent choices!

    Sorry for the harsh words, but you certainly had it coming!
     
    ahe753, Aug 22, 2014
    #21
  7. Hey guys! This definitely feels like something that should be up on our
    Feedback site
    !

    Head on over there and see if language options are up on the site. If it is, please vote for it to move it up the Hot Ideas page! If not, please post it up.

    You can also peruse the rest of the site to see what we marked as complete or in progress. This is all thanks to users like you!

    We appreciate the feedback and cannot wait to see it up on the site! changin language whidout being forced to change locale :D
     
    Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
    #22
  8. Dalton RSCA Win User

    changin language whidout being forced to change locale

    Same problem here, live in Belgium, speak dutch, description for achievemets on the one is in French. I prefer them in English

    Should be able to choose the language i like

    please put this in the update for september or solve the problem when the xbox one is released in Belgium
  9. Misses Quinzel Win User

    changin language whidout being forced to change locale

    Hey guys! This definitely feels like something that should be up on our
    Feedback site
    !

    Head on over there and see if language options are up on the site. If it is, please vote for it to move it up the Hot Ideas page! If not, please post it up.

    You can also peruse the rest of the site to see what we marked as complete or in progress. This is all thanks to users like you!

    We appreciate the feedback and cannot wait to see it up on the site! :D
  10. JestersShade Win User

    changin language whidout being forced to change locale

    Same here.

    I'm french, living in France, but want to play my games in english and use english voice commands (since french ones are really badly turned ...)

    But not having french market for apps and currency is anoying!

    Like already said : just doing like it is on my 360 would be good!
  11. The Dude 977 Win User

    changin language whidout being forced to change locale

    To be honest, I never play my games in German. I like the english voice acting and text very much. I hope setting language and locale how I like it, will be possible in the very near future on xbox one. At least please give us the option to set the game
    language manually in the console settings.
  12. ngocphi Win User

    changin language whidout being forced to change locale

    fyi one of the reasons for the language being connected to locale of an account is because of accents

    voice commands are tethered to the region's major language

    accents are different in every part of the world
Thema:

changin language whidout being forced to change locale

Loading...
  1. changin language whidout being forced to change locale - Similar Threads - changin language whidout

  2. Language and location settings don't exist?

    in XboX Insiders
    Language and location settings don't exist?: I just baught a second hand Xbox series S and I wieħed to get the ultimate pass. The problem is tgat the Series S doesn't have my location (Malta) but the xbox app detected it and so doesn't...
  3. Xbox app showing wrong language

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox app showing wrong language: On the xbox app on my windows 11 laptop, the "recently played with" option is showing korean text. This happens after adding the korean language under "language and region" on my laptop. I need to...
  4. Mongolian as an officially supported Xbox language

    in XBoX on Windows
    Mongolian as an officially supported Xbox language: I am a lover of languages, and I feel like Mongolian is an underused and underappreciated one. What do you think about Mongolian as an Xbox language ce4545cf-5544-4256-bc04-7482af87aa05
  5. Mongolian and Icelandic as languages for Xbox consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    Mongolian and Icelandic as languages for Xbox consoles: I am a lover of languages, and I believe Icelandic and Mongolian to be underused or underappreciated ones. Wouldn’t it be awesome, though, to have these languages (and more) that aren’t really...
  6. Xbox for PC - Games languages forced - why?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox for PC - Games languages forced - why?: Hello, as many other people I do not appreciate localization of games, and I much prefer the original dubs. I played Oblivion Remastered on Gamepass and I was able to switch to English - great...
  7. How to fix the language for Xbox 360 dashboard and notifications from the Xbox app

    in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix the language for Xbox 360 dashboard and notifications from the Xbox app: The language of my Xbox 360 dashboard and notifications for the Xbox app are in Spanish even though my language is set to English and region set to United States on my account and console...
  8. Is There Irish Language For Xbox one/X|S

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Is There Irish Language For Xbox one/X|S: Mo Charra's Please give a answer My Friend's 476e2f96-7f32-42d8-9da3-79305a37c0b7
  9. I live in kuwait but there is no kuwait region in language and location so which country...

    in XBoX on Windows
    I live in kuwait but there is no kuwait region in language and location so which country...: Imnot able yo use Microsoft rewards because my location is wrong as there is no kuwait optionin it 27c4bdc7-0766-4f4a-b492-ba7d8749c575
  10. Changin Email / Microsoft Account for Gamertag

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Changin Email / Microsoft Account for Gamertag: I have ended up with two gamer tags for Xbox. One from the days when I used to play games with my brother and a newer one I created when I moved out. Unfortunately when connecting my laptop to...