Changed region and lost £100 account balance

Discus and support Changed region and lost £100 account balance in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Will give brief history: 9+ yrs of XBL gold membership and loyal to XBox from the first generation Xbox Changed region in 2013 from UK to Hungary. MS... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarkWithers-4BF04468-FD22-4640-A2E8-3032D2FAB6F7, May 15, 2014.

1. Changed region and lost £100 account balance

Will give brief history:

9+ yrs of XBL gold membership and loyal to XBox from the first generation Xbox

Changed region in 2013 from UK to Hungary. MS points balance of 11280 migrated with me.

MS points changed to currency during 2013.

Changed region back to UK late 2013, MS points now showing as currency balance of £95.20

Fast forward to tonight and I discover the £95.20 isn't in my account anymore and Xbox support won't give me it back.

If I switch back to Hungary region, will I have my balance back and I can spend it then migrate back to the UK in 3 months time?

:)

MarkWithers-4BF04468-FD22-4640-A2E8-3032D2FAB6F7, May 15, 2014
  2. SixthPuma
    SixthPuma Guest
    Lost my xbox gold subscription

I changed my account region and lost my gold subscription... how can i retrieve my xbox gold subscription???... i changed my region from Brasil to Portugal... thanks

SixthPuma, May 15, 2014
  3. $5 Gift Card redeemed and didn't receive money

That doesn't help this because my region has never changed from the one I'm in and the balance is from the same region.

THExKINGx0FxWAR, May 15, 2014
  4. Changed region and lost £100 account balance

in additin to this I need to also state that I don't believe the T&Cs at the time of migration were the same as they are now.

Now they state that funds won't migrate but I would not have changed region if it was clear I would lose my £100 balance.

Have anyone copies of old terms and dates of when they changed?

MarkWithers-4BF04468-FD22-4640-A2E8-3032D2FAB6F7, May 15, 2014
  5. Donniehun
    Donniehun Guest
    Hi,

The currency is not refundable and not transferable since the beginning (from the day the MSP was converted to CSV). The money will not be lost it will just stay on your UK billing account. If you decide to migrate the account back to UK (after 90 days of
    migrating to Hungary) the money will be there. If the MSP was converted to CSV then it is valid for 1year after that it will expire.

Donniehun, May 16, 2014
  6. thanks. I transferred my account back to Hungary but my balance is zero there and not the £100 that was there. Does it take a while to show up again in my account?

MarkWithers-4BF04468-FD22-4640-A2E8-3032D2FAB6F7, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Donniehun Win User

Hi,

The currency is not refundable and not transferable since the beginning (from the day the MSP was converted to CSV). The money will not be lost it will just stay on your UK billing account. If you decide to migrate the account back to UK (after 90 days of
    migrating to Hungary) the money will be there. If the MSP was converted to CSV then it is valid for 1year after that it will expire.
  8. MarkWithers-4BF04468 Win User

thanks. I transferred my account back to Hungary but my balance is zero there and not the £100 that was there. Does it take a while to show up again in my account?
  9. MarkWithers-4BF04468 Win User

in additin to this I need to also state that I don't believe the T&Cs at the time of migration were the same as they are now.

Now they state that funds won't migrate but I would not have changed region if it was clear I would lose my £100 balance.

Have anyone copies of old terms and dates of when they changed?
  10. THExKINGx0FxWAR Win User

$5 Gift Card redeemed and didn't receive money

it's from a deposit from rewards it still applies

However if you change your account region to let's say UK language for English when your account region is really France that would be the issue

To use balances from other regions a your console and language region. Must reflect your actual regikn and language
    That doesn't help this because my region has never changed from the one I'm in and the balance is from the same region.
  11. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Gift card region change

Yes as mentioned it can't be exchanged

Since you moved you need to use the region migration tool (not just setting on your console) under my account and change my region on this website (the region at the bottom of this page doesn't count as it has no bearing on your account region)

Then contact ms rewards about changing your rewards account and reearn any rewards as current balances can't be changed
Thema:

1. Changed region and lost £100 account balance - Similar Threads - Changed region lost

2. My xbox one s have only chinese region how to change region

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox one s have only chinese region how to change region: My xbox one s have only chinese region how to change region b8f52afc-f3fb-4c39-ba01-65d5ed6a1abd
  3. How can I change my Xbox region to get regional pricing?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change my Xbox region to get regional pricing?: I recently moved to another country 3a455205-b23f-4e54-b603-4e401d8bf3de
  4. Why can’t I change my country/region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my country/region?: Hi all, For some reason my country/region is set as the United States. I only became aware of this when trying to add a Microsoft voucher into my account. I am from the United Kingdom and want to...
  5. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  6. Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live: For some context I couldn't sign into my xbox account since 2021 on my xbox 360 and I thought changing my region from south africa to united states could allow me to sign in again and it worked...
  7. How to change my region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change my region?: I am trying to buy vbucks in xbox cloudgamimg with my card but when I try to buy it always says that I need to change my region so where I can change that? 686f7a40-3d52-4be7-a9c9-4812cedc4844
  8. Hi,How can i change my region if its not there..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi,How can i change my region if its not there..: My credit card is Romanian but romania isnt there.What should i do? 6cba42d7-8c2b-41df-b19c-31602046bea5
  9. Why can't change region and date birth

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't change region and date birth: I set my birth date to 2016 by false and now can't change anything like region and date birth Anyone help please 71b7d44a-c6e9-4e55-9748-7752190a359c
  10. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb