Changed microsoft account email lost access to minecraft account

Discus and support Changed microsoft account email lost access to minecraft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; To start, I initially reached out to Mojang support for assistance; however, they advised me to contact Microsoft support instead. The challenge I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Veznam, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Veznam
    Veznam Guest

To start, I initially reached out to Mojang support for assistance; however, they advised me to contact Microsoft support instead. The challenge I'm facing is that whenever I attempt to contact support, I'm consistently redirected to this page beacuse as they said to me in many email: "Thank you for replying back. Unfortunately, we cannot provide information regarding an account. But if what you're asking is if you can see what email is linked to an account without signing in is something that can't be seen." I basically asked them if they can change the email address associated with my account or, at the very least, provide me with the information about the current email address

My recent encounter with an issue occurred when I attempted to launch Minecraft after a 3-month hiatus. I noticed that my account had been logged out, and when I tried to log back in, I was directed to the new launcher, which stated that I didn't possess a valid account. I'm certain of both my email and password, and I can access all my email accounts, but it appears that my ability to log into my Minecraft account has disappeared.

I purchased Minecraft from the official site using a MICROSOFT ACCOUNT to log in. However, when I tried to log in, it said that my account needed a password reset. So, I went ahead and reset the password. After that, it instructed me to enter a "nickname" so I entered my Minecraft account nickname. Surprisingly, it informed me that the nickname was already taken. In an attempt to resolve this, I quickly created a new nickname, thinking it might be an error. However, setting a new nickname did not lead me to my Minecraft account. When I tried to download Minecraft again, it indicated that "I do not own this game" or something similar.

I kindly request that you refrain from suggesting that I change my password, as I am confident in my knowledge of all my passwords and can successfully log in to my Microsoft account. The issue seems to lie in the disconnection between my Minecraft account and my Microsoft account.

If it's relevant, I exclusively utilize the Java edition of Minecraft and have never ventured into the Windows 10 or Xbox versions.

I also have a transaction ID and still have access to the email that my Microsoft account used to purchase Minecraft

:)

Veznam, Oct 4, 2023
  2. ArabMC Win User

Need help with a Minecraft account that had been migrated to my outlook email that got hacked.

Ok, I lost access to the account, and the email the Minecraft account was migrated to was changed so I wouldn’t be able to gain anything from accessing it anyway. What should I do?
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Changed Microsoft account email, lost access to Minecraft account

You are welcome. I'm really glad it worked, my friend!

If you need anything else I can help with, please let me know.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

So you were able to login with your Mojang account?

If that's the case, maybe when you changed your Microsoft account email address the migration got cancelled somehow? Could you please see if you can migrate again with this Mojang account?
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

In this case, since the Minecraft website also shows you do not own the game, please contact the Mojang support. They are the only ones who have access to your account.

They will probably ask you to show a purchase proof like a transaction ID or order number and restore it to your account.
  6. Nicholas Volentine Win User

Hi Lucas,

When I log in to the Minecraft website with my current Microsoft account, it says I don't own Minecraft. I do have the confirmation email about the migration, and the confirmation email from when I transferred my Microsoft account.

Thema:

1. Changed microsoft account email lost access to minecraft account - Similar Threads - Changed microsoft account

2. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  5. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  6. how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft: Ze********* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** """remove PII.""" """moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming """ f806951e-f754-42a4-892c-86db89f21b75
  7. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  8. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  9. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  10. Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?: Hello My microsoft account was taken. The email was switched and the number was deleted. I have no other way to sign in that Microsoft is asking for to get it back. Is there any other sign of hope...