Change XBOX privacy settings for a child

Discus and support Change XBOX privacy settings for a child in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an adult account and I created a child account for my son. Everything seems to be in order with both accounts and his account is listed as a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MB_1966_lx, Sep 21, 2018.

1. MB_1966_lx
    MB_1966_lx Guest

I have an adult account and I created a child account for my son. Everything seems to be in order with both accounts and his account is listed as a child within my family. Nevertheless when I try to change his privacy settings (for XBOX) I am presented
    with a page that informs me that only an adult can change the privacy settings of a child. Can anyone figure what am I doing wrong?

:)

MB_1966_lx, Sep 21, 2018
  2. binicool1975
    binicool1975 Guest
    privacy settings of my child

I wanted to change the privacy settings of my child, but when I want to change the privacy (Xbox), I see there is only my account and not see the child's account. Please tell me what to do to change privacy settings for a child.

binicool1975, Sep 21, 2018
  3. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to change Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy settings

You are allowed change the online safety and privacy settings for any profile on your console.

How to change your safety and privacy settings

Steps to follow:

• First, you have to go to the My Account page
    • You need to sing in to your Xbox LIVE account clicking Sing In at the upper-right corner of the page.
    • Go to Settings and Preferences and select Privacy and Online Settings.
    • Now change the settings.

How to change your child’s safety and privacy settings

Steps to follow:

• First, you have to go to the My Account page
    • You need to sing in to your Xbox LIVE account clicking Sing In at the upper-right corner of the page.
    • Proceed to Settings and Privacy and press Child.

Note: You’ll be asked for the parental Microsoft account in order to make changes to the child account’s safety settings.
    • Now change the settings.

kevin, Sep 21, 2018
  4. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hiya, MB_1966_lx!!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue. It sounds like you'd like to adjust the setting on the child account. To help with this issue the first thing to do is to make sure we are signed into the parental account at our
    Website. While signed into the parent account you can then adjust the child's settings under the Family tab. For more information regarding this issue here is a

link
    to an article I believe will be helpful in resolving this issue. If the following steps didn't help in resolving the issue then the final step to take would be to

Contact Us
    to help resolve the issue.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums!

XBF Paul M, Sep 21, 2018
  5. DreadGrrl
    DreadGrrl Guest
    Are you logged into your account or the child’s account when you attempt to make the change? Are you using the Microsoft website?

DreadGrrl, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: