Change Xbox live to my current Gamertag

Discus and support Change Xbox live to my current Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On 360 when I go online to my account, it has my old gamertag with the old pic, how do u switch it to the current tag, have a new computer, win 8.1,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hatchet714, Jan 12, 2014.

1. hatchet714
    hatchet714 Guest

On 360 when I go online to my account, it has my old gamertag with the old pic, how do u switch it to the current tag, have a new computer, win 8.1, don't like it having a rough time with it, and it stiil has the old e-mail address for my Xbox live account
    p.o. Dave

:)

hatchet714, Jan 12, 2014
  2. Xbox gamertag transfer help

To be a bit more specific how do i make my current gamertag an xbox live gamertag?

Note: I have an account on the xbox one but want to carry over my gamertag from the 360 to the one.

ShadowFantasy21, Jan 12, 2014
  3. gamertag XXX is no longer allowed

I ended up downloading my old profiles, but it wants me to pay 800 points to change that name. According to xbox policies I should be able to change my xbox gamertag once free of charge - "If you created your gamertag when you signed up for Xbox LIVE, you
    can change your gamertag once for free." support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

Is there something preventing this name change for free, and will the old gamertag definitely be free'd up once I change it so I can change my current name "FUBAR PhD" to tptass?

General Teton, Jan 12, 2014
  4. Change Xbox live to my current Gamertag

The one showing on this forum at the moment violates the code of conduct,you really don`t want that one.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 12, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: