Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.

Discus and support Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I had put my captures folder on an external drive. After removing it and reconnecting it, the folder xbox game bar video captures get saved in has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by zzz ., Aug 28, 2023.

1. zzz .
    zzz . Guest

Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.

I had put my captures folder on an external drive.

After removing it and reconnecting it, the folder xbox game bar video captures get saved in has been changed to "C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local\Temp".

How do I change this?

:)

zzz ., Aug 28, 2023
  2. Erfan Javidhosseini Win User

Hi, i have the same problem, for second option, how can i edit the registry to set the value data on that key? Im not a professional, i need a step by step guide
  3. Rob Salmon 445 Win User

To change the default location of game bar captures folder on Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

- Open Settings by pressing Windows Logo key + I.

- Click on Gaming and select Captures from the left pane.

- Click on Open folder to open the current capture folder.

- Right-click on an empty space in the folder and select Properties.

- Click on Location tab, select Move and navigate to the Captures folder that you have created inside Videos folder.

- Alternatively, you can open File Explorer, click on This PC, browse to C:Users%username%Videos, right-click the Captures folder and select Properties, click the on the Location tab, and click the Move button.

- Another option is to create a new folder named Captures inside your Videos folder in your user profile, edit the registry to set the value data on that key to %USERPROFILE%VideosCaptures, and restart your PC.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. If you could let me know if we have answered your questions or if there is anything else we can assist you with?
  4. Rob Salmon 445 Win User

Hi Zzz,

thank you for getting in touch today. My name is Rob, I am an independent advisor and I’d be more than happy to help you.

Please give me a few moments while I review your query
  5. ED La Sauce Win User

Xbox App Game DVR

I was using an external HDD as well, the thing is for some reason the file path changed (I think the drive letter was F: then it changed to G:) so since the path to my capture folder didn't exist anymore, the OS automatically changed the location to ..\User\appdata\Temp
    but no folder was created inside, thus creating my problem. I tried to see if my problem could be resolved by changing the location of the capture folder to another place than Temp, but since there's no folder of which to change the location, I'm stuck. It'd
    be great to have a "reset to default" easy to use button to reset it in cases like these.
  6. Rynn21 Win User

Game Bar Captures Folder Missing

I did exactly as this link shows, but redirecting to a slave drive's root.

The difference is, I didn't create a new folder on the separate drive before clicking ok. Somehow that made the real Captures folder go into the abyss.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/87523-move-location-game-dvr-captures-folder-windows-10-a.html

The capture folder is now completely missing. It cannot be located, and every time I re-open the game bar now it has decided to place where captures are saved in a different odd place. It went from the root of the slave drive of where I tried to move the captures
    folder to, to the Videos folder, to the temp folder, and now to the system recovery partition. It's acting weird. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game bar. No change.
Thema:

1. Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically. - Similar Threads - Change Game Bar

2. when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i am trying to pay for the game pass it doesn't let me change my country from india...: when i go to select my country in the payment the zone with the slider is grey'd out and there is no description on the page. I looked at my pc settings and in my microsoft account settings and it...
  3. With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...: I want to be able to hear my discord call and whenever I try to change the volume on my headset or Xbox I can only change game volume 43542c3a-7b4e-46f6-9852-e593079d69ba
  4. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  5. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  6. I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?: I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go? c39da3c8-53a5-4c35-b5db-a6561b690066
  7. My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.: So after I upgraded from a GTX 1050 ti to an RTX 2060, my monitors randomly shut off when playing games like CS 2, GTA V or RDR 2. The PC still seems to run perfectly and I can hear the sounds in...
  8. Game maps not switching back with profile change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game maps not switching back with profile change: I have an xbox series x, and my gf has the series s. I recently logged her into my console to play her Way of the Hunter game, and when I signed her out, and myself back in, the game stays on her...
  9. Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial: When i setup my sons Xbox quite quickly on Xmas day i figured it was best to set the 3 month Game Pass Trial to his account. I have my own Microsoft account and created family logins for my two...
  10. Change/remove default Windows in Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Change/remove default Windows in Xbox Game Bar: Hello! I want to change or remove at all default Windows shortcuts in Xbox Game Bar (the ones I circled green on the image). Reason: I installed PowerToys Settings and remaped Win (Left) key to...