Change the microsoft account that is connected with xbox

Discus and support Change the microsoft account that is connected with xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is it possible to change the microsoft account that is connected to the xbox account ? My father created the xbox acc and now it is mine, so i want to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Max Rentsch, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Max Rentsch
    Max Rentsch Guest

Is it possible to change the microsoft account that is connected to the xbox account ? My father created the xbox acc and now it is mine, so i want to connect my microsoft with it. I would create a new Xbox account but then I wouldn’t have my games anymore. Hope somebody can help me

:)

Max Rentsch, Dec 16, 2023
  2. Annanda Martins Win User

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

Yes, you can change the email on your account! You can do this by following these steps:

" Sign in to your account by using your existing alias and password.

https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com">https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com

Go to Your info at the top of the page.

Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.

You might be asked to verify your account before any changes can be made. Follow the instructions that are provided to select your alias:

Select Add email. You can create either a new Outlook.com email address or add an address that you already have. Then, select Add alias. After you’re returned to the previous screen, select Verify, and then follow the instructions that are provided.

Or, select Add phone number. Enter the phone number that you want to use, and then select Next. When you add a new phone number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code in the text message, and then select Next.

Note: Email addresses and phone numbers that are already set up as an alias on another account can’t be used. "

Now, to remove the alias ( email or phone number ) that is already on the account, follow these steps:

" Warning: When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time.

Sign in to your account by using your existing alias and password.

https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com

Go to Your info at the top of the page.

Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.

Select the alias that you want to remove.

If it’s a primary alias, select a new primary before you remove the old one. To do so, select one of the other aliases that are on the account, and then select Make primary.

You’ll use this new primary alias to send and receive emails, access your Microsoft account information, and appear on devices.

To remove the email address or phone number that you no longer want, select the option Remove that’s next to it, and then follow the instructions that are provided. "

All this can be found in this link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/accou...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Now, in case this does not help, you need to contact Support directly, since here we do not have access to accounts, okay?

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  3. FullM3ta1Jack3t Win User

Changing childs account

4. Coolmannz Win User

combining a non Xbox live account with a Xbox live account

so i have to make a new Microsoft account and connect it with my nonlive account to change my nonlive account to live, then i go into Account on the xbox and change it to associate with my xbox live account
  5. WPAK Win User

Windows Live ID Issue!

To remove that gamertag that is connected to your 'main' email (Microsoft Account), just change the connected gamertag connected to a new Microsoft account.

-

So first free up your 'correct' email address by moving the connected gamertag to a new Microsoft Account

and after that you should be able to change the 'email' (Microsoft Account) for your main gamertag to your 'correct' email address (Microsoft Account)
  6. WPAK Win User

Changing email on Xbox.com won't allow me to login

Hi there,

as far as I know you are only able to change the associated Microsoft Account connected to an Xbox Live account via the xbox 360 console.

Currently there aren't any other ways to change the associated Microsoft Account (email address) sorry
Thema:

1. Change the microsoft account that is connected with xbox - Similar Threads - Change microsoft account

2. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  5. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  6. how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft: Ze********* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** """remove PII.""" """moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming """ f806951e-f754-42a4-892c-86db89f21b75
  7. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  8. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  9. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  10. Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?: Hello My microsoft account was taken. The email was switched and the number was deleted. I have no other way to sign in that Microsoft is asking for to get it back. Is there any other sign of hope...