change settings to see kids online time

Discus and support change settings to see kids online time in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I am desperate. I think my kids are addicted to xbox and I have tried everything and they do nothing else just play. I agreed to set up... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Art Kli, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Art Kli
    Art Kli Guest

Hi Guys,

I am desperate. I think my kids are addicted to xbox and I have tried everything and they do nothing else just play.

I agreed to set up account many years ago using my email and I believe they way my two boys set up xbox profile doesnt let me treat their two devices as child accounts. Any time I discuss this with my two boys they keep saying they will loose points gained or badges or sth if I do that.

What would you do here.

How can I change settings on xbox so I can limit the time they can play daily.

I wish my internet provider could do this, but they do not offer parental control abilities.

Please help me

Thanks

:)

Art Kli, Nov 12, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

If your kids are using your own account, you will have to create different child accounts for them. They will have to start afresh but this is the legal way. Your kids can then be monitored and kept safe from anything and everything used outside of child accounts.

Same rules apply if your kids are using any other account that is not theirs.

I hope this helps.
  3. Arminator Win User

Gold won't share to my kids account

If you really did change your kids online and privacy settings on
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    to allow them to play online, make sure your kids sign out and back in for the changes to take effect.

Make sure that you sign in with your own adult account, and that you see your kids accounts to be selectable. Click on a kid, make the necessary changes, and save these changes before you move from one section to another (e.g. if you changed something in
    the Privacy section, save that, and then go to the Windows 10/Xbox One section, make changes, save them, and go to the Xbox 360 settings).

If that doesn't work right away, try to remove the kid's accounts from the console and restart the console by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Then start the console again and download your kids' accounts again.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

How do I allow my kids to add friends in mindcraft?

Since your Kids are playing Minecraft, they connect to the Xbox services, even if they don't own Xbox hardware.

Make sure you go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    to make the necessary changes. If your kids are added to the Family, you should see their accounts above the table with the online and privacy settings.
  5. Vinny #1 Win User

Privacy

6. TrinalManager19 Win User

Gold won't share to my kids account

Ok so I have done all of that, my account clicked on their gamer tags changed settings saved, then, removed the kids accounts from the xbox powered down, powered up added the one of the kids accounts and still get the following when trying to go online with
    a game...

To do this, change a setting

You are unable to see content that other people make because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online settings on xbox.com

I really don't get it, they basically don't have any restrictions at the moment on their account and they were playing fine on xbox 360 before this.
Thema:

1. change settings to see kids online time - Similar Threads - change settings kids

2. I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...: All of my stuff says I am a adult account and it still doesn’t work. be22e80e-a1e9-43cc-ad87-73a68f02c76f
  3. How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account?: I am on a playstation five but i have just installed a xbox owned game (sea of thieves) i wanted to talk to people in game but i cant hear anyone and no one can hear me i am using my old microsoft...
  4. Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful: Series x i get it set up so its open and works fine, within a few days its reverted to strict nat, and upnp unsussesful. Ive set up staric ip and dmz server made sure relevant ports are open and...
  5. Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console: Almost every time I turn on my Xbox all of my settings are changed. My password/pin will be deleted or it's changed to something else than what I set it too. Random games are downloaded that I've...
  6. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  7. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  8. How to change settings for multiplayer Minecraft on ps4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to change settings for multiplayer Minecraft on ps4: I can’t play multiplayer on Minecraft it says it’s because of my settings for my Microsoft account. However, I can’t change them since I can’t connect my PS4 as a device in the family sharing app....
  9. Is there a setting to change that?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a setting to change that?: When I plug my headset in, the audio still comes out of the tv. However, my friends can hear me through my mic. b7cd0d19-c1a9-429f-8d2a-99b7a2130ee3
  10. My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.: So after I upgraded from a GTX 1050 ti to an RTX 2060, my monitors randomly shut off when playing games like CS 2, GTA V or RDR 2. The PC still seems to run perfectly and I can hear the sounds in...