Change email address on profile?

Discus and support Change email address on profile? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son has been using my email address for his Minecraft account now I want to transfer his profile over to his email.address so I can use my own email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lee Ridley, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Lee Ridley
    Lee Ridley Guest

My son has been using my email address for his Minecraft account now I want to transfer his profile over to his email.address so I can use my own email address for my new xbox account.

Can anyone explain how to do this?

:)

Lee Ridley, Dec 18, 2023
  2. RobinGalyardt Win User

Changing email addresses on a profile .

Hope so too , but I started thinking ( always dangerous ) that if I was under a 30 day wait , shouldn't it have been impossible for me to spend that 5 cents ( split purchase with a credit card for a TV video ) while under suspension ? Seems like I'm always
    under a constant state of confusion regarding Xbox procedures . I'll keep plugging away for the next few days . Thanks WPAK .
  3. RobinGalyardt Win User

Thanks guys , I'll check into this money situation , still no word from MS support . Definitely not giving up , I'm going to get this done
  4. WPAK Win User

I have seen reports about an account swap like that, but the limitation that was mentioned was that it needs to be a non Microsoft account email, so no @hotmail, @live, @outlook etc. The only problem is that I personally have never seen proof (yet) of this
    actually working.

And it does seem weird that he suggested downloading the profile, but I'm pretty sure that it does reset the 30 day part, so you need to wait at least 30 days after downloading, since it is a security measure to prevent people being able to quickly steal
    accounts.

I personally still think that the 5 cents are the cause, but how to remove them....
  5. RobinGalyardt Win User

Sorry I haven't responded sooner , waited awhile to make sure any 30 day waiting period had passed . I've only got about 5 cents in my account , which is one reason I'm trying to swap out now . I'm getting absolutely nowhere . Here's the deal . I was told
    I needed to verify my old , expired account ; so I did , through MS support . Then I created a new MS account not associated with any profile . Tried the swap , no go . Went to Chat support ,deleted the profile , cleared the cache 3 times , downloaded profile
    , tried swap again ( with Chat rep ) & still , nothing ! Tried Chat support again , only to be told escalation can't help & that I shouldn't worry about an old , expired email address because I can still use it ( ? ) & that I should just add an alternate backup
    address to the old account , which I have no intention of doing . I'm still at a loss here . This is ridiculous . Nothing works & I can't get any answers that make sense .
  6. RobinGalyardt Win User

Tried the verifyme link , didn't work . I have 2 profiles . # 1 has the expired email address , #2 has my new email address with an account all set up with security proofs & a strong password . I think I have to set up another account for # 1 to switch to
    . ( seems to be some cross-over ) After I try this I'll get get back to you guys to let you know how it worked . Thanks guys !
Thema:

1. Change email address on profile? - Similar Threads - Change email address

2. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  3. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  4. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  5. change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    change email address: I no longer work at Audiology Systems and have no way of accessing emails sent to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My xbox account is setup with this email...
  6. Changing Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Email Address: I am trying to change my "Account Alias" as it is an old college email that I no longer have access to. Under "add email" it does not give me the option to merge accounts: [img] I have my...
  7. Change email address on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change email address on xbox: My ex husband has his xbox linked to my email account. I've changed my password for security & privacy reasons but he now can't access his xbox without me giving him my new password which I don't...
  8. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  9. How to change email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change email address?: I can't access my email account I originally used, and would like to change/update my account to my new email. But when I try to change it there is no option. How do I update my email address or...
  10. My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...: My account, which is my personal account (not this one), got hacked through Minecraft, I was trying to redeem a code for a rank on Hypixel, when I received a notification on my email that a new...