Change e-mail address associated with Gamertag

Discus and support Change e-mail address associated with Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, First off I apologize if this is discussed in the stickies, I couldn't find it. I own two microsoft live accounts, one of which is using an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wouternznk, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Wouternznk
    Wouternznk Guest

Hello,

First off I apologize if this is discussed in the stickies, I couldn't find it.

I own two microsoft live accounts, one of which is using an e-mail address from my ISP, the other one is an @live.nl-address. The ISP-address will - at some point - become obsolete as this subscription is going to be canceled in the future. This is however
    the one I use for signing in to Xbox Live. I would like to use my live-address for my Xbox Live account instead. Is this possible?

On account.live.com I can find a way to change my billing e-mail address, but I don't suppose this changes my actual xbox account address?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Wouternznk, Oct 7, 2014
  2. Edocsil 2020
    Edocsil 2020 Guest
    microsoft gamertag not working

This does suggest Microsoft account is associated with the wrong email. What I would do is on the Xbox with the Gamertag you believe is the right one is check the E-mail address associated with it. A Gamertag is associated with a Microsoft Account but
    the E-mail address that is associated with a Microsoft Account\E-mail address can change. Hope that helps and makes sense.

Edocsil 2020, Oct 7, 2014
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Email Address

Hi,

You'll want to read the information listed here in order to make the e-mail change from
    one gamertag to another. If the e-mail that you wish to change it to has a Xbox LIVE account already associated with it, then you'd need to move that e-mail before you're able to make use of that e-mail on another account. This is because only 1 e-mail address
    can be associated with 1 gamertag/account.

HassanB, Oct 7, 2014
  4. Change e-mail address associated with Gamertag

If both emails have a gamertag connected you will need to use these directions:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80154013

If @live.nl does not have a gamertag you will use these diretions:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

If you do not have a 360 console you cannot swap the Live email with the ISP email.

You will need to either create a 3rd party email (yahoo/gmail/ect) and then use these directions(or use then to make a new Live email login for the account):

support.xbox.com/.../change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Shina Schatten, Oct 7, 2014
  5. Wouternznk
    Wouternznk Guest
    In addition to my start post, I guess it doesn't matter if I switch ISP's because the live account will still exist. However my question about being able to switch still remains, as I would prefer to have everything under the same e-mailaddress. Cheers!

Wouternznk, Oct 7, 2014
  6. Wouternznk
    Wouternznk Guest
    Thanks Shina, I will look into that.

Wouternznk, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Edocsil 2020 Win User

microsoft gamertag not working

This does suggest Microsoft account is associated with the wrong email. What I would do is on the Xbox with the Gamertag you believe is the right one is check the E-mail address associated with it. A Gamertag is associated with a Microsoft Account but
    the E-mail address that is associated with a Microsoft Account\E-mail address can change. Hope that helps and makes sense.
  8. skatermike Win User

Full years' XBOX Live Gold account is just GONE!!! No way to contact Microsoft about it.

It actually sounds like your account was compromised and they changed the e-mail address associated with it. What was your old gamertag?
  9. HassanB Win User

Email Address

Hi,

You'll want to read the information listed here in order to make the e-mail change from
    one gamertag to another. If the e-mail that you wish to change it to has a Xbox LIVE account already associated with it, then you'd need to move that e-mail before you're able to make use of that e-mail on another account. This is because only 1 e-mail address
    can be associated with 1 gamertag/account.
  10. Wouternznk Win User

Thanks Shina, I will look into that.
  11. Wouternznk Win User

In addition to my start post, I guess it doesn't matter if I switch ISP's because the live account will still exist. However my question about being able to switch still remains, as I would prefer to have everything under the same e-mailaddress. Cheers!
Thema:

1. Change e-mail address associated with Gamertag - Similar Threads - Change mail address

2. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  3. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  4. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  5. I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?: My account from xbox wich uses the same mail I'm using to post this got hacked and the hacker changed the mail and password from that account. So now I can't get in my account because it says It's...
  6. Someone hacked my real profile and changed e-mail (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone hacked my real profile and changed e-mail (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is my profile and some one hacked it and changed email and password so i can not login on other forums...
  7. I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?: My account from xbox wich uses the same mail I'm using to post this got hacked and the hacker changed the mail and password from that account. So now I can't get in my account because it says It's...
  8. Change e-mail adress on Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Change e-mail adress on Minecraft: Hi. so I recently saw a post from 3 years ago explaining how you can't change teh data in a Minecraft windows 10 version account. My question is if this is sadly teh same outcome for Minecraft:...
  9. My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...: I lost my Microsoft Account on Last week and i still haven't gotten back I tried to Reach Microsoft Support and I also Filled Account Recovery Form with the Peace of Information that I Had But...
  10. My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...: My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. Should be *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...