change child's account region

Discus and support change child's account region in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Martin Genockey, Dec 3, 2023.

1. change child's account region

It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out.

:)

Martin Genockey, Dec 3, 2023
  2. LoquaciousSage Win User

Unable to verify Adult due to US web form for card payment

In all likelihood the region for your child's Microsoft Account is set to the US instead of UK.

It's quite possible for the region for the Microsoft Account and Xbox LIVE account to be mismatched.

To check the region for your child's Microsoft Account, log in to
    http://accounts.live.com
    using your child's Microsoft Account email address. If you change the region for your child's Microsoft Account, you should have no further issues.

If you're unable to change this, then you may need to contact support by phone to get it fixed.
  3. dbrodbeck Win User

Can't connect as it states Child and parent are in different regions.

4. Ultra Plankton Win User

How to fix brithday

For most people, in most regions

Sign in to Your info on the Microsoft account website.Select Edit your personal info.Change your birthdate, and select Save.
    For child accounts, in some regions
    If the birthdate on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online.
    I'm a parent, trying to change my child's birthdate

Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your Family page on the Microsoft account website.Select Manage my child's profile info.For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.
    I’m an adult, but my account thinks I’m a child
    To change your own account from a child account to a full account, you need to prove that you're an adult. You have two options:

Show all
    Option 1: Provide a valid U.S. credit card number
    Option 2: Send us proof of age

Might I be able to change it a different way
  5. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Martin G, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

We really can't imagine how important it is for you to be able to update/change the country or region of your child's account as soon as possible. However, we have realized that this issue of yours would be better addressed by our live support team so that they can properly check what is going on with your device and its apps. They are more equipped with all the tools and resources to diagnose your problem.

Support: https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2567020c-eb49-4d1d-b4c2-e286444e1cc6

I hope you understand, I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  6. IndigentSpy6194 Win User

Hello Martin, I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem!

I'm Olly, an Xbox Ambassador, and hopefully I can point you in the right direction!

Click this link to go to Microsoft Support

To address your concern, navigate to the search bar and enter your issue. Press Enter or click "Get Help." Sign in to access support options. Choose the relevant product, select the appropriate category, and confirm your selection. The system will provide you with support options to assist you further.

Try and get into Live Chat, where a Microsoft Support Agent can change this for you!

Best of luck!
Thema:

1. change child's account region - Similar Threads - change child's account

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  7. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  8. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  9. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?: How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the...
  10. How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?: This is one for the books and for those familiar with Epic Games accounts. A long time ago, I deleted my Outlook account without realizing that it was linked to my child's Epic Games account. It...