Change account to make organizer into child account

Discus and support Change account to make organizer into child account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bobby Mcbobberson, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Change account to make organizer into child account

Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy enough to realize the right way to do this. I now realize that I have set them both up as organizers and I want to delete everything and start over but don't have a third email address to use. How can I fix this so I am the only organizer and my kids have child accounts under one family account. This is all due to the fact that I cannot set time limits for organizer accounts. I realize my kids will lose their histroy but I don't know what else to do. Thank you for any help you can give.

:)

Bobby Mcbobberson, Nov 28, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

Hi Bobby. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor. Changing the accounts' date of birth should be possible, making it a child account. The steps to change the date of birth can vary depending on the country, guidance can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/12411/ Thanks, Kyle
    Changing the date of birth on the Microsoft account wont affect the Xbox profile at all. It will always remember the original date of birth entered in at account creation.
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Bobby. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Changing the accounts' date of birth should be possible, making it a child account.

The steps to change the date of birth can vary depending on the country, guidance can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/12411/

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. Salmoro Win User

Changing organizer to child account

Hi,

Yes, You can. You must use another account though as Organizer to create the Family Group, then add your daughter's account as child account.

Please follow the steps
    here to know more about the steps.

Hope It helps.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Cant purchase Game Pass Ultimate, keeps taking me to Family Safety page?!

Hi Evopwr! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Being the organizer of a Microsoft family doesn't change the child status of the account, the family organizer needs to be an adult account the child account must be added as a child account thst will allow the adult account to manage this settings
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Switching Organizer to Member?

Its not possible to change from an organizer (adult account) to a member (child account). Whether the account is an adult account or child account is dependent on the date of birth entered when the account was first created. The date of birth on the Xbox
    account cannot be changed either.
Thema:

1. Change account to make organizer into child account - Similar Threads - Change account organizer

2. My account changed a card that was not on my account anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    My account changed a card that was not on my account anymore: My account changed a card that was not on my account anymore 6a83efcb-76d3-48a2-944f-7edde445ddf9
  3. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  4. I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...: All of my stuff says I am a adult account and it still doesn’t work. be22e80e-a1e9-43cc-ad87-73a68f02c76f
  5. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  6. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  7. My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...: i got home from school and wanted to play games and saw that i couldn’t log in i tried everything and still nothing worked 3a48f0a3-a93d-464a-91e7-06d6ff615d3a
  8. How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account?: I am on a playstation five but i have just installed a xbox owned game (sea of thieves) i wanted to talk to people in game but i cant hear anyone and no one can hear me i am using my old microsoft...
  9. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  10. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218