Certain games won't load

Discus and support Certain games won't load in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; On a Series S. I've noticed that some games won't load if I plug in my external hard drive. I'm not playing the games from it, I'm trying to use it as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Zach Culver, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Zach Culver
    Zach Culver Guest

Certain games won't load

On a Series S.

I've noticed that some games won't load if I plug in my external hard drive. I'm not playing the games from it, I'm trying to use it as media storage for my gameplay. Would be great if some has a solution. It is a 2tb seagate, the one that comes in the dual pack with the expansion drive.

:)

Zach Culver, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Certain games won't load

Hello Zach Culver,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your games not loading when you plug in your external hard drive. One possible solution is to try disconnecting the external hard drive and then restarting your console. Once your console has restarted, try launching the games again without the external hard drive connected. If the games load successfully, then the issue may be related to the external hard drive.

Another possible solution is to try using a different USB port on your console to connect the external hard drive. Sometimes certain USB ports can have issues, so switching to a different one may help.

If neither of these solutions work, you may want to try formatting the external hard drive and then reconnecting it to your console. However, please note that formatting the drive will erase all data stored on it, so be sure to back up any important files before proceeding.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Certain games won't load

Hello Zach Culver,

I am glad to know that you are able to resolve your issue. if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Regards,

4. Zach Culver Win User

Certain games won't load

No games were on my hard drive. But I bypassed the issue and bought a capture card instead.
  5. THE Wheelman 87 Win User

Darksiders won't go past initial loading screen

Update number 2, That did not fix it. I have to clear the cache every time I exit the game or it won't re-load, game is constantly hanging at the same point, and the map seems to stop loading beyond a certain spot, very early in the game.
  6. Itilianm0nst0r Win User

Certain games not loading

hard restart your console and internet connection. If getting a this maybtake a few minutes to load message please just wait it will usually load within 2 minuets or less
Thema:

Certain games won't load

1. Certain games won't load - Similar Threads - Certain games won't

2. Games won't go past a certain %.

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won't go past a certain %.: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to install games, and I have realized that it goes across all of them, starfield, GTA V, and more. I already factory reset my console, rest my console, I did...
  3. Controller won't work normally on a certain game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller won't work normally on a certain game: So here's the thing, I play my Xbox games on my laptop when I'm at home. I don't have to do anything special to the controller, it just automatically works the games and console. I recently...
  4. Xbox series X won't connect to certain game servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X won't connect to certain game servers: I've been having this issue since last November and I've tried every possible solution going from deleting my profile and redownloading, complete factory reset, clearing Mac addresses, complete...
  5. Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage: So I've spent the past few days trying to install NBA 2k24 Next Gen on my series s. However the download simply cannot go past 32.02 gb (19.8%) no matter what I do. I originally got the game...
  6. Why won't my game download past a certain percentage? How to download the whole game??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my game download past a certain percentage? How to download the whole game??: hi there, i have tried to download superliminal on my pc since i recently got xbox gamepass. i have tried multiple times to install it and each time it gets to 67% and says an error has occurred...
  7. Xbox App on PC won't install games on certain SSD (only on C: and D:)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on PC won't install games on certain SSD (only on C: and D:): I just reinstalled Windows and now I can't install any GamePass games to D: or E: I have 3 drives installed on my PC: C, D and E, but the Xbox app just won't install games D: or E: All drives...
  8. Certain PC Game Pass games won't open.

in XBoX on Windows
    Certain PC Game Pass games won't open.: I have Ultimate Game Pass and for some reason today both Metro: Exodus and Wolfenstein 2 no longer work. In Downloads and Updates next to both of them there is the "i" and the hottip states that...
  9. My Xbox x won't play a certain game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox x won't play a certain game: I run the same game that I've always run since the last 3 yrs nvr had a issue just last night try running it and it wont load in it would run the beginning scene but loading in it would crash I...
  10. Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR won't save certain clips/screenshot: This is an official complaint. Nowhere in any text, help or forum post written about Game DVR and its features it is stated that clips/screenshots can only be saved and later shared if a) there...