Certain games freeze the screen

Discus and support Certain games freeze the screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've found a problem recently where certain games, which worked perfectly fine for months beforehand, have suddenly started freezing the entire screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Astro245, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Astro245
    Astro245 Guest

I've found a problem recently where certain games, which worked perfectly fine for months beforehand, have suddenly started freezing the entire screen while tabbed onto them, everything still runs (including the games themselves) its just that the screen is stuck displaying one frame until the offending game is no longer focussed on

:)

Astro245, Jan 30, 2024
  2. fluian Win User

Playing Destiny (game) it freezes the game then the xbox

I should also note through more attempts to play the game the issue appears to have gotten worse after the factory restore. It now freezes after one loading screen. Meaning I can start the game go to one place and then once I go past a certain point it
    freezes.
  3. trple X blu dot Win User

Certain Game Freezing

do your games freeze during actual game play? or upon loading?
  4. Stewtendo Win User

Certain Game Freezing

Here are the steps to clear your system cache

1 Navigate to the "My Xbox" channel on the dashboard menu (the console's 'main menu').

2 Scroll right, to the last page which is the "System Settings" page.

3 Select "Memory" from the list of options.

4 Highlight the hard drive and hit Y on your controller.

5 Select the option to clear the update cache and perform maintenance on the memory unit.

6 Restart your xbox 360 console.

Your problems with your arcade games sound like a Hard Drive error. Try moving the games over to a flash drive and playing them from there. If they were then there's an obvious flaw with your Hard Drive.
  5. trple X blu dot Win User

Certain Game Freezing

[quote user="Mr Off Topic"]

My console randomly freezes up on certain games.

For me, its mostly Skyrim and Borderlands.

Is there a reason why? My console also gives me disc is unreadable on arcade games sometimes (gave me one while playing a DLC on Borderlands yesterday).

Should I send it in for repair, or get a new one? Mine ran out of warranty.

[/quote] Do you have more than one profile, playing/saving the same games being played?
  6. ArmyNeal Win User

Certain Game Freezing

Well, when I mean didn't freeze within 30 minutes, it didn't freeze at all. I just played for half an hour to test it.
Thema:

1. Certain games freeze the screen - Similar Threads - Certain games freeze

2. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  3. Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday

in XboX Insiders
    Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday: One thing about Christmas or Birthdays that always felt special was playing a brand new game on that day. I'm sure that everyone else used to enjoy getting the sensation of opening a present to...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games: I got my xbox sx in December from ab Ebay seller. Was pretty much brand new. Since I have had it on certain games the controller disconnects and reconn̈acts for no reason. Does this on Alan wake ,...
  5. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  6. Why are certain hud elements appearing fuzzy when the game itself appears fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are certain hud elements appearing fuzzy when the game itself appears fine?: Got a new 4kuhd monitor for my series s but I think there's an upscaling issue or something since smaller hud text elements appear slightly fuzzy. For example on the Xbox home screen smaller text...
  7. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  8. I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...: I tried opening a Setup to install some games but I keep getting this external exception error c0000006. Also when I try to activate my windows, the settings just freezes. Any solution on how to...
  9. Xbox powers off playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox powers off playing certain games: While playing games like Cod or The Finals my console will just shut off while playing them after a few minutes, no error codes nothing just off. It’s not over heating or anything it just happens...
  10. When I try to run certain games with my graphics card enabled the game freezes up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to run certain games with my graphics card enabled the game freezes up.: I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The graphics card is a Radeon RX 580. All of the games are configured in System | Display | Graphics to run on high performance. The 4 games I'll have as examples are...