Certain Disc Won't Play - Xbox 360

Discus and support Certain Disc Won't Play - Xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is the only disc that won't play on my Xbox 360. It doesn't even have scratches on it that would cause it to not work. I clean... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MorriganAtWar, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Certain Disc Won't Play - Xbox 360

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is the only disc that won't play on my Xbox 360. It doesn't even have scratches on it that would cause it to not work. I clean it off and restart my Xbox but the same message
    pops up every time I try to play the game. What do I do?

:)

MorriganAtWar, Dec 13, 2018
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Morrigan,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Xbox 360 reading Call of Duty Black Ops 2.

Are you receiving an error code?

Is the disc being recognized by the Xbox 360?

Try this article:

Xbox 360 Disc Drive Solution

If the issue persists,

On Step 8 in the article: If your Xbox 360 console can read another disc of the same type, the disc may be the source of the problem.
    Get a replacement disc or troubleshooting help.

Contact the disc manufacturer for a replacement disc or troubleshooting help.

Hope this helps.
  3. MorriganAtWar Win User

Erik,

Sadly none of it helped. I went through all the steps already and it didn't solve anything. That game is the only one that is having issues being read.

Morrigan
  4. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

hey there,

What error code or error are youi receiving. This will help every one here better direct you.

Hopw it all works out!
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Morrigan,

Sorry to hear you are running into these problems. I would definitely advice some basic troubleshooting on the console. You can always go through the

Xbox 360 Disc Drive Solution
    . Make sure that you do follow the troubleshooting and let us know if this changes anything.

I hope this helps.
  6. gamerXpress Win User

An Xbox original game not working

Is the game disc operational? You've tried it with both hard drives and it won't start up? What size are the hard drives? You may have an illegitimate Xbox 360 hard drive, which won't always have the emulator to play certain XBox games.

Try
    clearing the cache on your Xbox 360
    three times and try the game again.
Thema:

1. Certain Disc Won't Play - Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Certain Disc Won't

2. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  3. Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs: I am talking specifically about a brand new blu ray box set of The Pacific. Discs 1,3 and 5 work ok but discs 2 and 3 dont,i load in the disc,the screen goes black and stays black....nothing. Ive...
  4. Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!: Same thing happened with my first X sent in back in 21 and was was sent this one. About early summer it started reading only certain 4ks then it was certain Blu rays then it was no DVDs now it's...
  5. Why won't my Xbox play certain discs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox play certain discs?: I have an Xbox One X (not series) and I've used discs for awhile now, however recently, my Xbox has decided it doesn't want to run particular discs. The discs in question are: Call Of Duty: Black...
  6. My game won’t install after a certain point it is the full game and is on disc what do I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game won’t install after a certain point it is the full game and is on disc what do I do: So I bought tekken 7 not too long ago and it when it is installing it’s going fine and then it just freezes and says game stopped installing and I did every thing on the Xbox website and none of...
  7. Insider here: Anyone else having issues installing certain disc on the Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Insider here: Anyone else having issues installing certain disc on the Series X?: Just bought Sonic Frontiers and woudn't install at all. Put in AC: Valhalla that I also bought today the console instantly read it booted and started to read. Anyone else having this kind of...
  8. Xbox one X will not install certain disc games but will spin and load others

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X will not install certain disc games but will spin and load others: I have 4 discs that will not load and support has gotten me no where. I'm in preview beta. I'm not getting a error code submitted by /u/reiku78 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox one X problem playing certain 4k bluray disc midway, it lag/hang.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X problem playing certain 4k bluray disc midway, it lag/hang.: Hi support, My Xbox one X has issue playing certain 4k bluray disc, it will hang/lag when watching halfway through. Those disc that has problem initially has no problem at all but all of a sudden...
  10. Input the disc but Xbox says I am playing the trial and cannot load certain saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Input the disc but Xbox says I am playing the trial and cannot load certain saves: I just bought the game after playing the trial as I liked it, but now the console keeps telling me I cannot progress the game as I am playing the trial when I clearly have inserted the disc and...