Certain Blu-rays crashing Xbox Series X

Discus and support Certain Blu-rays crashing Xbox Series X in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I’ve encountered a few Blu-rays that worked on the Xbox One X but crash when trying to play on Series X. Doctor Who series 7 part 1 and part 2 discs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AndrewElliott3691, May 10, 2022.

1. Certain Blu-rays crashing Xbox Series X

So I’ve encountered a few Blu-rays that worked on the Xbox One X but crash when trying to play on Series X. Doctor Who series 7 part 1 and part 2 discs crash after the BBC logo the console just completely shuts down. Also Torchwood season 1 disc 1 not sure about the others as the first disc crashes when trying to play the first episode. I’ve watched at least 50 other Blu-rays including 4K ones and they all played fine. Is there any advice on what I can do or is it a case of waiting for some kind of update?

:)

AndrewElliott3691, May 10, 2022
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?

Hello SonicXHero, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Blu-ray playback on your Xbox Series X. I can offer some steps you can try:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is running the latest system software. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address issues with Blu-ray playback.

2. Some Blu-ray discs require firmware updates for proper playback. Check for any available updates on your console.

3. On your Xbox Series X, navigate to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Persistent Storage, and select "Clear Persistent Storage." This will clear any temporary data that might be affecting the playback.

4. Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage, and select "Reset Blu-ray." This will reset the Blu-ray settings to their default values.

5. If possible, try playing other Blu-ray discs to see if the issue is specific to certain movies or if it occurs with all discs. This can help determine if the problem is related to the console or the specific Blu-ray discs.

It's worth noting that occasionally, certain Blu-ray discs can have compatibility issues with specific players or consoles. If the problem persists with multiple copies of the same disc, it's possible that there may be an issue with the disc's encoding or compatibility with the Xbox Series X.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, sorry for the saves, and it's very strange because it wasn't supposed to lose some save, since everything is safe in the cloud in your Microsoft account.

As you've watched many Blue Rays and all work perfectly well, I think it might be something really that lacks some update for bug fixing.
  4. QUAD RED DEAD Win User

I’ve a similar issue and it is only with two BBC blu rays - wonders of the solar system and wonders of the universe.

No matter what I do, I can’t resolve it. The copyright warning comes up, the screen goes black, the sound gets corrupted and the series x just turns itself off.

Have cleared persistent storage, deleted and reinstalled the app etc.

Pretty disappointed with the build quality on my series x. I’d an original Xbox one and One x and they were great consoles for movie playback.

The series x sucks - a crazily noisy drive and it can’t even play some blu rays.
  5. AndrewElliott3691 Win User

Hi, Thanks for trying to help I followed your steps and it lost my latest Minecraft save and still crashes the same. So not fixed the issue.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello AndrewElliott3691, that's really weird, by its description the Blue-Rays should work properly in your Series X.

What you try to do is uninstall the Movie Display App, and then do a reset by keeping games and Apps on the console and then reinstalling the App to see if it's back to normal.

First uninstall the App and then follow the procedure below.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > system > console > system

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note - You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Certain Blu-rays crashing Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Certain Blu rays

2. Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list: I only want to appear online to only 2 of my friends on my friends list without blocking them how do I do it. If not possible I would like suggest this idea. 09caca8a-b118-49d8-baaa-5f8bf5fb2c9e
  3. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  4. Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs: I am talking specifically about a brand new blu ray box set of The Pacific. Discs 1,3 and 5 work ok but discs 2 and 3 dont,i load in the disc,the screen goes black and stays black....nothing. Ive...
  5. Playback issues with certain Blu Ray discs on XBox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback issues with certain Blu Ray discs on XBox One X?: I’ve had an XBox One for several years now and haven’t had any issues with the blu ray player until now. I bought a set of Star Wars blu rays recently. All the discs play fine except for one;...
  6. Xbox Series X won't play certain Blu-Ray Discs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't play certain Blu-Ray Discs.: So I just got this Cowboy Bebop Collector's Edition which features the entire series on both DVD & Blu-Ray, and also the full soundtrack on CD. And even though all CDs & DVDs work fine, and other...
  7. Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play: I've been having trouble with certain blu rays for a while now and it's really starting to annoy me, as I bought the Xbox specifically to play 4k blu rays and it's much quieter than the PS4 for...
  8. Xbox One S only plays certain blu rays

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S only plays certain blu rays: I bought an Xbox one a few weeks ago and have noticed that some of my blu rays will not play on the system. When I put the disc in I get the general blu ray disc warning such as dont copy the...
  9. Blu ray player wont play certain discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu ray player wont play certain discs: Hi my drive just wont play some of my br discs.....ive re installed ....hard reset....and cleaned discs.....still refuses to play... and yes they r for my region....help please......
  10. Xbox One won't play certain Blu Ray Discs (Die Hard, atleast)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't play certain Blu Ray Discs (Die Hard, atleast): Hello all, I recently purchased the Die Hard collection on amazon. Got it today, and it won't play on my Xbox One. I put the disc into the drive, and it spins over and over. According to the...