Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X

Discus and support Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently bought a Xbox One and a few 360 discs such as MW2, Bad Company 2 and various halo install fine but games that I'd really like to play..... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Harrison Crawford1, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X

Recently bought a Xbox One and a few 360 discs such as MW2, Bad Company 2 and various halo install fine but games that I'd really like to play..

Bioshock 2 and Gears of War 3 don't.

I insert the disc and nothing happens. It seems only the few above actually show on the menu and a disc and then install?

I've tried turning on and off and factory reset.

:)

Harrison Crawford1, Dec 28, 2023
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Request a refund for a digital purchase

If you are trying to find the game on your Xbox One X that is what the problem is.

The game Remember Me for the Xbox 360 is NOT a backwards compatible game.

Here is a link to a list of games that are currently backwards compatible.

Backwards compatible list

This is why it is not showing up on your Xbox One X.

Until they put it on that list it will not be able to be played on Any Xbox One
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox One features.

4. Nixelplex Win User

Xbox One features.

Any version of the Xbox one can play all Xbox One Games, but there is a selection of certain 360 and original Xbox Games that are backwards Compatible.

You can view the list here.

Backwards Compat list.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Harrison C, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through playing some backward compatible games, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on Xbox support and they suggest the following steps to resolve this type of problem and I thought it was good information that you should take into account. account:

You can install Xbox 360 games on an external storage device, but in order to play these games on your next-gen console, you have to free up up to 4 GB of space on its internal drive, with an additional 256 MB of space for each Xbox 360 game. Xbox 360 that you want to use.

To remove all Xbox 360 games and profiles that were saved to the internal hard drive, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox  button to open the guide.

2. Go to Profile & system > Settings.

3. Select System, then Storage.

4. Select Clear Xbox 360 Local Storage.

5. Select Yes and restart the console. This will not affect your cloud saves, or your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S games and profiles.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/games...oubleshoot-playing-xbox-360-games-on-xbox-one

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Prototype xbox 360 disc not BC with Xbox One X

The $29 one you saw is the Xbox One version of the game which is backwards compatible with the Series S/X. The 360 version is not backwards compatible.
Thema:

1. Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Certain backwards compatible

2. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  3. Viewing the online status of my friends using the Xbox guide shows me certain discounted...

in XboX Insiders
    Viewing the online status of my friends using the Xbox guide shows me certain discounted...: Viewing the online status of my friends using the Xbox guide shows me certain discounted users who are not. But if I look at their profile in detail mode, it shows me that they are connected. It...
  4. Xbox One S static while opening certain applications

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S static while opening certain applications: I have a xbox one s and when i opened up apple music all it showed was static and the normal screen would flash on the tv for a second then he static continues until i RESET my xbox, not just turn...
  5. Xbox controller connected and recognized but certain inputs are not accepted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected and recognized but certain inputs are not accepted: This problem developed recently, during play, my games work perfectly fine. However, when I leave the game either to switch games, watch a TV show or to turn off my console, I suddenly cannot...
  6. Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday

in XboX Insiders
    Option to timelock games to Christmas Morning or a certain date like a birthday: One thing about Christmas or Birthdays that always felt special was playing a brand new game on that day. I'm sure that everyone else used to enjoy getting the sensation of opening a present to...
  7. Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games: I got my xbox sx in December from ab Ebay seller. Was pretty much brand new. Since I have had it on certain games the controller disconnects and reconn̈acts for no reason. Does this on Alan wake ,...
  8. xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work: Xbox controller died mid game, usually I can plug it in with usb cable and it continues to work fine. Plugged it in this time and the A, X, B, Y buttons will not work but all other buttons and...
  9. My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.: Hi Xbox Community, My xbox controller is having some issues and I am wondering if you may be able to help me find out what’s going on. The issue is that my controller will be on but whenever it...
  10. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...