CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps

Discus and support CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm encountering a very annoying issues that I can't seemingly fix. My setup is as follows: Xbox > AV Receiver > Sony Projector... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Buffett_Goes_OTM, Sep 13, 2023.

1. CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a very annoying issues that I can't seemingly fix.

My setup is as follows:

Xbox > AV Receiver > Sony Projector

When I navigate to certain applications (Disney, Netflix, Starfield), and sometimes only certain screens within those applications, my input will switch from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and back to HDMI 1 and the screen goes completely black making my Xbox completely unusable for these games / apps.

Does anyone have any guidance on what to do here?

submitted by /u/Buffett_Goes_OTM
    [link] [comments]

/u/Buffett_Goes_OTM, Sep 13, 2023
  2. BioMercenaryG Win User

HDMI-CEC Input Switching with Series S (and X)?

Not sure if you had a question here, only question I could pull from this is "Why doesn't Xbox send a HDMI switch command when on"
    There's no manual way to do it once the Xbox is on, It sends it at bootup but after that i believe there is no way to trigger it again, same way a wired controller would turn the Xbox on when plugged in but only while its off. Outside of that this seems more of a discussion topic or a suggestion kind of deal.
  3. Arminator Win User

Xbox restarts when I switch the HDMI input - How do I fix it?

[quote user="JooishDude"]

... I want to switch the input and watch TV. ... but when I switch the input back to the 360, then it has to restart.

[/quote]

Try if your TV has an option to turn off its
    CEC
    feature. Sometimes TV makers call the CEC function differently. Like Viera Link, Anynet+, or Bravia Sync or Bravia Link. This is probably the function that causes your Xbox to restart when you switch back.
  4. Koop10010 Win User

Not auto-switching to HDMI input source

The Xbox One doesn't use HDMI-CEC. Everything simply uses infrared commands. So it's not going to automatically switch inputs to the right one. I suppose it could switch an input if the TV is already on and the code to power on the TV changes the input
    if the TV is already on.
  5. basedbystar Win User

Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

It’s nice to hear I’m not the only one! I get annoyed when it’s made out to be my other hardwares fault cos I had a One X briefly and that didn’t have this issue when plugged into exactly the same setup.

I’m wondering if it’s a bug that needs fixing or if it’s a deliberate way of making you stick to Xbox only lol
  6. Seez_311 Win User

Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

I have the same issue. Funny but it was working a year ago. Ms must have broke something lately.
Thema:

CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps

1. CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps - Similar Threads - CEC Issue Series

2. HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(: The HDMI CEC works fine when my Xbox controls the volume, but my Samsung TV remote doesn't work on my Xbox any help? submitted by /u/Accurate-Ferret-6108 [link] [comments]
  3. CEC partially stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    CEC partially stopped working?: I have a Series X plugged into an Onkyo Tx-Nr7100 that is then plugged into my TV, a Vizio P65-F1. Everything was perfect until about two weeks ago when CEC will no longer turn on the AVR and TV...
  4. HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s: Hello the HDMI-CEC feature does not work with the tv volume. I have turned it the HDMI-CEC setting on both my xbox AND Television, restarted both, unplugged the hdmi but still not working. Ive...
  5. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  6. XBOX Series X CEC Partially not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X CEC Partially not working: I recently purchased an XBOX series X. I never had issues with HDMI CEC with any of my other devices from other manufacturers, they turn the television on and off when they need to. However, the...
  7. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  8. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  9. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  10. having issues with HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    having issues with HDMI-CEC: Recently had a power outage due to storms and since then, my hdmi-cec stopped working on my One-S. No settings were changed to cause this. Worked perfectly before being without power for almost 24...