Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Xbox 360 Gamestopping Error & Can't Play Revelations DLC

Discus and support Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Xbox 360 Gamestopping Error & Can't Play Revelations DLC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2" and the "Revelations" DLC on the Xbox 360 (because the game was free for Gold a few weeks ago). I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SpookCentral, Mar 23, 2020.

1. SpookCentral
    SpookCentral Guest

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Xbox 360 Gamestopping Error & Can't Play Revelations DLC

I just bought "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2" and the "Revelations" DLC on the Xbox 360 (because the game was free for Gold a few weeks ago). I'm having TWO MAJOR ISSUES that I hope a tech here can help me solve. I didn't know if I should post them
    as two threads or one, so apologies if doing it as one thread was not the right way to go.

########## ISSUE #1 - GAME-STOPPING UNHANDLED ERROR ##########

The game crashes when I get the first relic after defeating the golem. As soon as I touch the relic, the Xbox 360 throws up a "Unhandled Error (537201DB)" message. You can see this in my video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWrX1tZcl7o

There is no way to avoid touching the relic as it is right in the middle of the pathway. I tried jumping over it, but that doesn't help. It MUST be touched in order to proceed, and since touching it crashes the game, I can't proceed any further in the game.

I looked online for solutions to this, and while I did not find any, I did find someone on the Steam PC version having the same problem:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/239250/discussions/0/558750717218356189/

So, it seems that this problem is not confined to the Xbox 360 version. I do have to wonder how a game that is almost 10 years old and has a game-breaking bug like this has never been patched.

Yes, I cleared the X360's System Cache, and even re-downloaded the 4.1GB game, but to no avail.

This thread at GameFaqs...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/952493-castlevania-lords-of-shadow/57600682

...says there's a patch for the X360 version, but the game doesn't ask me to download it when I start it up. How can I manually download and install it? On the PS3, you could select "Check For Update" from the options menu on the XMB, but there is no such
    feature on the X360.

---------------------

########## ISSUE #2 - CAN'T PLAY REVELATIONS DLC ##########

To go along with the game being free for Gold, I bought the Revelations DLC for $7.99. You can see that in this photo of my Xbox 360 storage for the game:

https://www.theraffon.net/~/temp/CVLOS2_DLC.jpg

I looked online for information on how to play it, and everything says to look in the "Additional Content" section of the pause menu, but that option isn't there. There is an "Extras" section, but all that's there is Artwork, Stats, Credits, and New Game+
    (the last two items currently greyed out).

How do I play the Revelations DLC that I spent $7.99 for? Since the main game in unplayable due to the above-stated bug, I was hoping I could at least enjoy the DLC. If that's unplayable, too, then how do I get a refund?

-- Paul

:)

SpookCentral, Mar 23, 2020
  2. farfarello Win User

I'm in the exact same boat with Revelations except that I've already finished New Game+. I have no Additional Content option anywhere that I can find and hours of net searching has led to no answers other than "It's in the main menu DUH" and "This thread
    has been locked."

On a side note, I was getting the same error during cut scenes with the sisters. Completely unavoidable without even being able to try anything. I had to just keep restarting the game until it would finally decide to play but I never did get to see the whole
    scenes because it would glitch and skip part regardless. This is one of my favorite of the Dracula series so it's really disappointing for it to have so many issues still after being out so long and none of the companies seem to care.
  3. farfarello Win User

Exactly! The problems and lack of response to them has been a consistent problem across platforms and mediums for at least six years! The fact that Microsoft offered it for Games for Gold is just another sign that they don't care about their customers enjoyment
    of their products, only the money they can make off of them. Even worse that they chose such a problematic game during a time when everyone is already stressed out from the effects of covid-19.

Thanks for the info about a physical copy. I'm going to try it only because I enjoyed this particular game and I love the series in general. Otherwise I'd be demanding a refund. Good luck on your end and hopefully things work out for me, as well.
  4. yobrizo Win User

the problem should be solved by now. it's a work that wrinkles a great game
  5. SpookCentral Win User

Hi Farfarello. Sad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing these problems so many years after the game came out. All of these bugs should have fixed and patched YEARS ago!

Even sadder is that I wrote this message almost a month ago (on March 22nd) and NO ONE from Microsoft has even bothered to reply. They can't even claim that it's an "old game" because they gave it out via Games With Gold just LAST MONTH (early March 2020).
    If you know that it's broken and unplayable, DON'T RE-RELEASE IT!

Anyway, I found a solution to one problem, and a semi-workaround for the other.

########## SOLUTION FOR ISSUE #2 - CAN'T PLAY REVELATIONS DLC ##########

The solution, sadly, is to simply buy
    the physical disc version of the game
    and delete the digital version. It will cost you $15-$20 at a minimum.

The issue, as I've learned, is that the digital version will NOT check the Xbox servers for a patch. Without the patch, the Revelations DLC can not be played.

The disc version WILL check for the patch when you boot-up the game. Once that 2MB patch is installed, there will be an "Additional Content" option on the pause menu, as well as a "Press X for Additional Content" option on the boot-up install/autosave acceptance
    screens. Through the "Additional Content" menu, you can switch between the regular game and Revelations. (Do note that if you don't install the patch, the disc version can't play the DLC either.)

Simply put: THE DIGITAL VERSION IS UNPATCHABLE AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!!!

########## WORKAROUND FOR ISSUE #1 - GAME-STOPPING UNHANDLED ERROR ##########

While the patch adds the "Additional Content" option, it does not appear to do anything to actually fix the game-breaking bugs. Not only have I experienced the "Unhandled Error" in the main game, I've also gotten it in Revelations, too.

The only workaround I found for the main game (don't have the time to try this with Revelations right now), is to use the

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Save Editor v1.0.0.3 by Jappi88
    to change my checkpoint status:

In order to get past the part with the first relic, I used the Save Editor to change the attributes under SaveData #2 to:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Checkpoint@Mission = CorpSt_1

Checkpoint@SectionList = Pharmaentr_002FARM,Pharmaentr_000FARM

Checkpoint@SpawnPoint = Middle

Checkpoint@Status = middle

CurrentMissionDesc = MissionDesc_CorpSt_2

CurrentMissionName = SavePoint_CorpSt_2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This brought me to a fight against the two dishonored vampires with Trevor (the boy) in the middle. This is where the path after the relic leads, so no progress was lost! After the fight, I got the Wolf Medallion, and retraced the path back to where the relic
    was to get a missing soldier's diary before continuing.

In Revelations, I got the "Unhandled Error" after the fight in the ballroom with the buzzsaw, which isn't very far into the game. After the fight was over, some kind of blue thing was left, and as soon as I touched it, the game crashed. I didn't retry it
    because, by that point, I had it with the game, the crashing, and constantly fighting the camera that keeps wanting to sit itself above my character's head instead of behind him. For my sanity, I need to take a long break from this game right now :)

What's most frustrating about this whole "Unhandled Error" mess is that Konami knows about it, but

doesn't even have a solution
    for this game-breaking bug.

-- Paul R.

# Spook Central: The Ghostbusters Companion -
    www.theraffon.net/~/

# The Corner Penthouse -
    www.theraffon.net/~/scblog/tcp/
  6. Elvis M Darrell Win User

Will DLCs from Xbox 360 games be backwards compatible as well?

That'd make sense, and I hope they've already figured out how, because some games' DLCs are actually way better than the game itself. Take Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 as an example. I don't like the reboot, but I'd love to play as Alucard in the Revelations
    DLC.
Thema:

1. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Xbox 360 Gamestopping Error & Can't Play Revelations DLC - Similar Threads - Castlevania Lords Shadow

2. What happened to the Dark Dracula Costume and Relic Rune Pack DLC's for Castlevania Lords...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happened to the Dark Dracula Costume and Relic Rune Pack DLC's for Castlevania Lords...: What happened to these DLC's I paid for them and they used to be available on Xbox one but now when I go to manage game and add-ons it doesn't show up 90cea206-1651-45db-91d6-3563e0c6e592
  3. Conan exiles and 2 dlcs castlevania lords shadow 2 , relics and dark atuend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Conan exiles and 2 dlcs castlevania lords shadow 2 , relics and dark atuend: They have disappeared from the library. They have to put an option to restore licenses like Sony, because we depend on the store's game store server that fails a lot to recognize dlcs and games...
  4. Problems in the DLC return to Castlevania from dead cells

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems in the DLC return to Castlevania from dead cells: I bought the DLC return to Castlevania for dead cells on March 8, 2023, I was playing normally and on the 11th the DLC simply disappeared, and when I go to look for it in the game settings it does...
  5. Why can’t we get castlevania curse of darkness (the best in the series)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t we get castlevania curse of darkness (the best in the series): So I always thought castlevania curse of darkness was one of the best ones in the entire series yet you can’t buy it doesn’t pop up in the Microsoft store at all but a lot of older ones do,is...
  6. Castlevania LOS2 Not Available.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Castlevania LOS2 Not Available.: Castlevania LOS2 is supposed to be a free game with Xbox Gold, but it will not download. You are told to update your billing details and made to jump through hoops until you reach a slow webpage,...
  7. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Batman: The Enemy Within - The Complete Season (Episodes...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Batman: The Enemy Within - The Complete Season (Episodes...: Batman: The Enemy Within - The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) (xbox one)...
  8. Castlevania SinOfTheNight Jogo da Conta SUMIU e estão me Cobrando para Jogar e Baixar de...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Castlevania SinOfTheNight Jogo da Conta SUMIU e estão me Cobrando para Jogar e Baixar de...: Mod Translation; Title - Castlevania SinOfTheNight Account Account SUMIU and they are charging me to play and download it again !!!] Olá amigos, comprei na epoca do lançamento o game castlevania...
  9. Castlevania Lords of shadows 2 DLC Revelation.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Castlevania Lords of shadows 2 DLC Revelation.: Hello good day i just recently bought the DLC Revelation for the game Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2 download it and didn't find any posible way to play it, went on-line and saw on Youtube where...
  10. License disk Castlevania Lord of shadow 2 without Russian Subtitles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    License disk Castlevania Lord of shadow 2 without Russian Subtitles: Hello I have had problems with the Russian version of the disk game Castlevania lord of shadow 2?, I have on Xbox 360 this game is in English and on Xbox One game on backward compatibility write...