Casting music

Discus and support Casting music in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; what am I missing? I can only cast music from my phone about half the time.. Rest of the time I can't get the xbox to show up... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WalkenDeadPool, May 23, 2018.

1. Casting music

what am I missing? I can only cast music from my phone about half the time.. Rest of the time I can't get the xbox to show up

:)

WalkenDeadPool, May 23, 2018
  2. JT Kimbell [MSFT], May 23, 2018
  3. jeremy30
    jeremy30 Guest
    How do I play backgroud music?

if cast is the first and only why do they say pandora is the first one to play background music i got both i cant play background music on either

jeremy30, May 23, 2018
  4. FrankCastle 52 Win User

IGN review is up = 9.5

I great story, Great music, great cast....oh yeah ,,am getting this sure sure
  5. alexward1230 Win User

Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio

I am not ready to upgrade to windows 11. Cast has always worked on windows 10 and now after an update to the Xbox Console (to replace groove music with Windows Media Player) cast no longer works. Note, this isn't isolated to my windows 10 devices. No UPnP devices (Android, IOS, etc) are able to cast to the Xbox One console.
  6. worf634 Win User

Xbox One Keeps opening old Groove Music app when streaming to Xbox One

I am having the exact same problem as pcid6.

I also uninstalled all grove music apps then reinstalled the green one (not the blue one). In windows 10 when I select cast to device and choose my xbox it launches the store on the xbox and wants me to install the Blue Groove Music App. Even if I install
    that (then it asks to update it) it still does not work. Further, every time I do select "cast to device" it launches the store asking for groove music to be installed again.
  7. medium bloke Win User

Stopping Groove music

In your mums music app/music player there is usually an option (on Android at least) to cast to or to play on another device. Usually it can stream music to other devices on the local network. You'll need to unpair or delete your Xbox from her streaming
    devices on her phone.
  8. Armageddon97 Win User

Cant cast to grove music

I am having this same problem with casting. I will try contacting Xbox Support and will post any steps to solve the issue (if they can solve it).
Thema:

Casting music

1. Casting music - Similar Threads - Casting music

2. Can i cast chrome on pc to my xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Can i cast chrome on pc to my xbox?: i want to watch tv in my living room using piracy websites on my pc (because google can have ad blockers) and i would rather not use a chromecast on just my tv because i cant use headphones with a...
  3. Casting YouTube from Mobile to Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Casting YouTube from Mobile to Xbox: Using the Xbox One X Every time for over a year now when I cast YouTube to my Xbox from mobile the Closed Captions will turn on. I have gone through settings and have them off, but after...
  4. why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem

in XBoX on Windows
    why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem: Sounds like youtube can stream to my xbox and many others around the world and so my question is why hasnt xbox fixed this problem its invasion of ones privacy to an extent im really surprised...
  5. How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...

in XBoX on Windows
    How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...: I get signed in and it says press enable, what combination of xbox buttons will let me enable it without seeing the screen? Cheers to anyone who can help 884ce42f-72e0-4863-a726-8afbeab51ddd
  6. when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...: i use a normal wireless xbox series x controller on my xbox my pc is connected via wifi and xbox is connected via ethernet (this provides the best connection becuase i dont have another ethernet...
  7. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11: I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect the console. I have reviewed this thread...
  8. Can't cast from YouTube or YouTube music to xbox anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't cast from YouTube or YouTube music to xbox anymore.: Can't cast to my xbox from YouTube or YouTube music anymore. It used to work and then suddenly just stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't pick up the Xbox, it says no device found even...
  9. Cant cast to grove music

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant cast to grove music: Since the last update I cant cast to Grove Music Win 10. When I try is will ask me to download the app (it is already installed) If I go through the install it will then ask to be updated. After...
  10. Cant Cast music to xbone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant Cast music to xbone: Awhile back there was an update for groove music, and ever since then I have not been able to cast music from Windows media player to my xbox one. I used to be able to go in to my library, or...