Casting media content to an Xbox One X?

Discus and support Casting media content to an Xbox One X? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Casting media content to an Xbox One X? if I turned off my Xbox, and then later turn it back on. Then I wanted to go to YouTube, or the media player or... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by trippymanj, Dec 5, 2017.

1. trippymanj
    trippymanj Guest

if I turned off my Xbox, and then later turn it back on. Then I wanted to go to YouTube, or the media player or any app that I can cast from my phone to the Xbox, it doesn't work. I have to completely restart the Xbox. By going to the restart button, then
    completely restarting the Xbox. Then once it turns back on it works. Why do I need to completely restart the Xbox after turning it back on in order for me to be able to cast anything to the Xbox? I should just be able to turn it on and it works. I mean I have
    internet connection, and I'm able to play online and do everything else internet related, but just not casting.

:)

trippymanj, Dec 5, 2017
  2. Xbox One Casting Issues

Has anyone recently had problems casting media to your Xbox One? I usually use Allcast, but have tried Localcast as well as casting from the computer via WMP, nothing is working. Both Localcast and Allcast no longer recognize the Xbox One and the computer
    can see it on the network, but it isn't a Cast To option. I have exhausted every option I can think of to fix the situation, with no success. New ideas are welcomed.

GodsNotDead x, Dec 5, 2017
  3. radarforest
    radarforest Guest
    Streaming Media (Videos/Music) to Xbox One from Windows 10

Hi,

I'm trying to stream video from my Windows 10 laptop to my Xbox One. I have enabled media streaming on my computer, and it does show the Xbox as a device which can access media content. However, I seem to be unable to actually stream media to xbox; neither
    through the new "Cast to Device" (No devices listed), nor through Windows Media Player.

I've had no luck googling the problem, (though I see the others have it too, but no resolution is posted to their quests), and chatting with Support on both Windows and Xbox was a waste of my time.

What am I just not getting here?

radarforest, Dec 5, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: