Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file

Discus and support Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file in e:\系统截屏录屏\Captures 16f15af8-ebce-4e20-a08e-815bdad5f3c3 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 本延徐, May 5, 2018.

1. 本延徐
    本延徐 Guest

Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file

in e:\系统截屏录屏\Captures

:)

本延徐, May 5, 2018
  2. im5481
    im5481 Guest
    Xbox One Controller Home button stopped working

My Youtube REC Video:

im5481, May 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Game DVR saving in C:\.... not in captures folder. Can't record anymore. Help!

Okay. I messed up real bad. And I don't think there's a way to solve it, and I'm very distraught about it. I was trying to move my Captures folder to my C drive after it had been on my D drive. It moved all the files of the Captures folder to the C drive,
    not the folder itself. Now my Xbox Game DVR settings say "Save game clips and screenshots in C:\" The videos only show up when they're loose in the main C:\ folder. I tried creating a Videos folder and a Captures folder and moving them there, but it no longer
    recognizes them if I move them anywhere.

As a result, I can't record any videos or take any screenshots. I just get the error message "Can't record now. Try again later." I
    need to change "save game clips and screenshots" to an actual folder, not just C:\. But I can't do this, because I can't move my whole C:\ folder into another folder. How do I get my videos back in a Captures folder so I can continue to use
    the Game Bar?? I've tried resetting the Xbox app and uninstalling and reinstalling it, restarting my computer multiple times, etc. The only way to change the location of where screenshots/videos are stored is by going into Properties --> Location and moving
    the folder. But they aren't in a folder anymore, and there's nowhere in the Settings of the Xbox app to change the location. So I can't do that. How do I fix this awful mess?? Please help!

FacettedLake880, May 5, 2018
  4. KannoVirtua Win User

Xbox game bar crashes when I try to open gallery

Have you tried changing your gallery folder path? I would suggest you to please move it to another location, restart your computer and see if the issue persists.
    I don't know why, but it did help! When I moved it to another localization it opened and I was able to open the gallery but it was stuck on loading things but when I closed the game bar by spamming win+G I moved all the screenshots and videos from that captures folder to another and now it opens without any troubles!
  5. Rynn21 Win User

Game Bar Captures Folder Missing

I did exactly as this link shows, but redirecting to a slave drive's root.

The difference is, I didn't create a new folder on the separate drive before clicking ok. Somehow that made the real Captures folder go into the abyss.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/87523-move-location-game-dvr-captures-folder-windows-10-a.html

The capture folder is now completely missing. It cannot be located, and every time I re-open the game bar now it has decided to place where captures are saved in a different odd place. It went from the root of the slave drive of where I tried to move the captures
    folder to, to the Videos folder, to the temp folder, and now to the system recovery partition. It's acting weird. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game bar. No change.
  6. Kittenflap Win User

Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?

No, I am not able to access the original 'Captures' folder from the Videos folder in the C Drive as I moved it to a portable hard drive. I created a new 'Captures' folder in the C Drive, but the Game Bar doesn't want to recognize it as a new one, that's
    my issue. Is there a way to make the new folder a default location for new captures?
  7. Duster589 Win User

show all captures/recordings problem

If I understand what you are talking about, it sounds like you need to empty the capture folder on your PC. The Game Bar will show the files that are in the capture folder. When you moved the capture folder it sounds like it changed the modified date
    on your old captures so they all showed up as recent again.
  8. Rob Salmon 445 Win User

Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.

To change the default location of game bar captures folder on Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

- Open Settings by pressing Windows Logo key + I.

- Click on Gaming and select Captures from the left pane.

- Click on Open folder to open the current capture folder.

- Right-click on an empty space in the folder and select Properties.

- Click on Location tab, select Move and navigate to the Captures folder that you have created inside Videos folder.

- Alternatively, you can open File Explorer, click on This PC, browse to C:Users%username%Videos, right-click the Captures folder and select Properties, click the on the Location tab, and click the Move button.

- Another option is to create a new folder named Captures inside your Videos folder in your user profile, edit the registry to set the value data on that key to %USERPROFILE%VideosCaptures, and restart your PC.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. If you could let me know if we have answered your questions or if there is anything else we can assist you with?
Thema:

1. Captures folder moved;now move back and Xbox win+g used for rec :no bar and rec video file - Similar Threads - Captures folder moved

2. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  3. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  6. How do I get back my old game captures?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get back my old game captures?: So I log into my Xbox today for the first time in a couple of months, and I find all my game captures, screenshots, etc are gone. Every memory from my childhood completely erased, I was not warned...
  7. Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures: Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to the entire hard drive its self. because of...
  8. I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...: I can't upload a screenshot but basically I deleted the videos from the Captures folder but it is still there in the gallery, I cannot delete it or view it , it is just there. Also, the new videos...
  9. captures folder is deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    captures folder is deleted: I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance with a pressing issue I am currently facing on my Windows 11 Home system. Recently, I encountered an unfortunate mishap...
  10. Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.

in XBoX on Windows
    Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.: I had put my captures folder on an external drive. After removing it and reconnecting it, the folder xbox game bar video captures get saved in has been changed to...