captures folder is deleted

Discus and support captures folder is deleted in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance with a pressing issue I am currently facing on my Windows 11 Home system.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aditya Panchal3, Oct 21, 2023.

1. captures folder is deleted

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance with a pressing issue I am currently facing on my Windows 11 Home system.

Recently, I encountered an unfortunate mishap where I accidentally deleted my Xbox Capture folder, which was previously located at the following path: C:\Users\adity\Captures. Although the path is still visible in the search bar, I have been unable to locate or access the folder. All of my game captures were traditionally saved in this directory, and now I cannot find them.

It appears that all game captures are currently being saved in the %temp% folder, which is not an ideal solution for me. I am eager to restore the Xbox Capture folder to its original location in my Videos section for more convenient access.

I kindly request your guidance on how I can proceed to recover the deleted captures folder and have it reinstated in my Videos section. Any assistance or step-by-step instructions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

If there are any necessary tools, settings, or potential solutions that could help resolve this issue, I would be grateful for your expertise. Restoring this folder is essential to my gaming experience, and I am looking forward to your prompt response.

Thank you for your time and assistance in advance. I eagerly await your guidance and appreciate your dedication to the Xbox community.

:)

Aditya Panchal3, Oct 21, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist.

To try change the screen capture save folder, try these two solutions:
    Reset Xbox app to default settings.
    1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps & features.
    4. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

Change installation folder.
    You can follow the instructions given on the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PND9wzFzWE&t=56s

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

To recover lost saves, kindly try the following options.
    1. Restore files from the recycle bin, if they're available.

2. Try recover lost files on Windows using tips on the following link: https://support.microsoft.com/windo...c modes,recover files: Regular and Extensive.

3. Use special recovery tools. You can try Ease US. For more details, kindly visit: https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/recover-deleted-files.html
    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. Dimitri De Zordi Win User

[xbox game bar] Old deleted files still populated in the "shortcut" list

I feel so sorry to have bothered you for so few :{

Solution: simply delete the Captures folder itself once the GameBar is launched it recreates the folder and the "old captures" are replaced by the "real content" of the folder...
  4. AIex WiIheIm Win User

Deleted my Captures folder...

At this point, I am sorry to say but nothing can really be done unless you take it to a computer store and attempt to do it that way. You may also consider an application that allows you to recover deleted items, or simply back them up onto a USB or disc.

As this is more of a Windows related issue, please in future post at
    http://answers.microsoft.com

-SwiftPage
  5. TaoDavis Win User

Xbox App Game DVR

I have a simular issue. I accidentally deleted my "Captures" folder. And now all my captures are being saved to '\AppData\Local\Temp'

I want I created a new Captures folder in my videos, however all my screenshots and video captures are still being saved in 'Temp'
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How could I recreate the "Captures" folder if I accidentally deleted it?

Hi, in the temp folder, the recordings are saved inside other folder?

If yes do this instead.

Go to Windows settings > gaming > captures > open folder > drag that folder to the Videos folder in your PC.

After that try doing a new recording and you should be able to see the new recording saved there.

If that doesn't work create the Captures folder inside Videos.

Then delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.

Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and check if you can save the clips inside Captures
Thema:

1. captures folder is deleted - Similar Threads - captures folder deleted

2. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  3. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  6. How do I get back my old game captures?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get back my old game captures?: So I log into my Xbox today for the first time in a couple of months, and I find all my game captures, screenshots, etc are gone. Every memory from my childhood completely erased, I was not warned...
  7. Are the following rules for xbox captures and activity feed posts true?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Are the following rules for xbox captures and activity feed posts true?: On my Xbox One X console about 3 days ago, all of my captures and activity feed posts of them were deleted. Even captures and posts from years ago. To lose my activity feed posts that had likes...
  8. Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures: Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to the entire hard drive its self. because of...
  9. I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...: I can't upload a screenshot but basically I deleted the videos from the Captures folder but it is still there in the gallery, I cannot delete it or view it , it is just there. Also, the new videos...
  10. Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.

in XBoX on Windows
    Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.: I had put my captures folder on an external drive. After removing it and reconnecting it, the folder xbox game bar video captures get saved in has been changed to...