Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures

Discus and support Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tyler Hart, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Tyler Hart
    Tyler Hart Guest

Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to the entire hard drive its self. because of this, my recent captures are showing files and not clips and screenshots. i change my saving settings back to a normal folder but my recent captures are still showing said files and not recordings/ screenshots.

i wish microsoft made it easier to save your stuff rather than having this huge process all for changing your stuff.... not cool or smart idea at all whoever came up with that idea is whack... but anyways.

Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures [​IMG]

When i click "Open File Location" it takes me to my hard drive

I changed my capture location as shown below but my recent captures keeps showing the first screenshot provided

:)

Tyler Hart, Mar 3, 2024
  2. Duster589 Win User

show all captures/recordings problem

If I understand what you are talking about, it sounds like you need to empty the capture folder on your PC. The Game Bar will show the files that are in the capture folder. When you moved the capture folder it sounds like it changed the modified date
    on your old captures so they all showed up as recent again.
  3. Ariel Acu Win User

Game dvr not saving clips?

Hi TriedBasket635,

By default, the video clips that you captured are saved to the Captures folder which is located in the Videos folder. Regarding your concern, it is possible that the video clips weren't captured successfully that's why it doesn't show up on the Captures
    folder. Can you tell us if you're getting the same issue if you record another game clips on your game? Also, is your Windows 10 updated?
  4. TaoDavis Win User

Xbox App Game DVR

I have a simular issue. I accidentally deleted my "Captures" folder. And now all my captures are being saved to '\AppData\Local\Temp'

I want I created a new Captures folder in my videos, however all my screenshots and video captures are still being saved in 'Temp'
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox App Game DVR

Hey there!

When you started capturing your clips did you start capturing them in the external HD, or did you save them to the default file drive which is C:\users\%username%\Videos\Captures?

I would suggest trying to capture a new game clip without your external HD plugged in to see what it says when it asks you where you want to save the clips.

Also what do you see when you open up your captures folder from the Game Bar?

To see where your captures are saved, open Game bar and select the My captures folder, or press the
    Start button, choose Settings > Gaming >
    Captures. Press the Open folder button to see your captures in File Explorer.

By default, game clips and screenshots are saved in your Videos folder (named
    Captures). The Captures folder can be moved to different places on your PC.

There should also be a help link when you select Captures that says "How to save to a different folder".

Try that out and let us know what happens.
  6. Rynn21 Win User

Game Bar Captures Folder Missing

I did exactly as this link shows, but redirecting to a slave drive's root.

The difference is, I didn't create a new folder on the separate drive before clicking ok. Somehow that made the real Captures folder go into the abyss.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/87523-move-location-game-dvr-captures-folder-windows-10-a.html

The capture folder is now completely missing. It cannot be located, and every time I re-open the game bar now it has decided to place where captures are saved in a different odd place. It went from the root of the slave drive of where I tried to move the captures
    folder to, to the Videos folder, to the temp folder, and now to the system recovery partition. It's acting weird. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game bar. No change.
Thema:

1. Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures - Similar Threads - Capture Saving correctly

2. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  3. Video captures not saving to onedrive. no error message

in XBoX on Windows
    Video captures not saving to onedrive. no error message: I haven't screen recorded since March, today when I screen recorded using my Xbox S, it saved the video, but has not uploaded it to my linked one drive account. I have initiated the save in...
  4. Game bar for pc not saving captures

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar for pc not saving captures: When I go to record a clip on the game bar for pc it says it records the clip but it doesn’t show it in the files or when I press to view my captures. It still says on the right it’s recording or...
  5. Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?: The new capture news is really concerning and incredibly infuriating for me, as the last 7-8 years of my childhood gaming are all jeopardized. I want to know, before I spend 8 hours downloading...
  6. Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?: When I record screen capture videos on age of empire 4 it only saves in strange colours ie negative colour scheme. It does not do this on other games. I have had a look at the settings but...
  7. usb not showing in capture save location even though being recognised by my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb not showing in capture save location even though being recognised by my xbox: today, I was trying to record my gameplay up to an hour which requires a 3.0 ntfs usb and so i used my sandisk 128 gb usb which is 3.0 and ntfs and when i did, it got recognised by my xbox but it...
  8. Hello, I can’t save or share captures on my Xbox application.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I can’t save or share captures on my Xbox application.: Every time I try to save or share my Xbox clips on the phone application it says: "Your privacy settings don’t currently allow you to share to social networks. To change this, you’ll need to...
  9. Clips/Captures wont save to xbox network and they wont delete plS help.

in XBoX on Windows
    Clips/Captures wont save to xbox network and they wont delete plS help.: I've been trying since yesterday morning to get my clips to save to the xbox network and they just won't, I've tried everything and it still won't work, I'm good on space and even if I wanted to...
  10. My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...: Yes my Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save-as much as I’ve looked around for answers online to this solution I can tell that many people have had this same problem through all...