Capture Queue / Xbox DVR/ Upload Studio Problem?

Discus and support Capture Queue / Xbox DVR/ Upload Studio Problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey There! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this. If not please redirect me elsewhere. I often record some 3 minute game clips of say,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rottenblossom, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Capture Queue / Xbox DVR/ Upload Studio Problem?

Hey There! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this. If not please redirect me elsewhere.

I often record some 3 minute game clips of say, Overwatch with no issues whatsoever edit them in Upload Studio (trim, etc, upload them to one drive). The clips NEVER went into the "Upload Queue" before this. They instantly appeared in the clips view.

But starting yesterday, no internet connection change, lag, etc (my captures list is not full and i empty it out often) when I record a clip they are nowhere to be found in my captures under my profile, or under the normal "Manage Captures" that I usual
    find and edit them. However, if i go into Upload Studio they I can see them under Manage My Clips > On XboxLive or Upload Queue.

Note: This option doesn't appear under the Manage my Clips from your profile).

The upload queue doesn't seem to work, at least not well, and it was never there before yesterday. I captures a 3 minute clip over an hour ago and its still at 98% (i asked this question on reddit before i realized to take it here.. it took over an hour
    to complete a less than 3 minute clip). The second 3 minute clip say at 0% and took about 2 . At a total loss. Restarted, all that noise.

Like I said, one day just fine, next day messed up. Thanks so much!

:)

rottenblossom, Aug 24, 2016
  2. Xbox DVR/ Upload Studio Problem = Capture Queue?

did something glitch after the update for xbox one 2 days ago?

3. Xbox DVR/ Upload Studio Problem = Capture Queue?

Hey there rottenblossom,

When you are in the Manage Captures section and seeing the Queue, are they actually uploading without issues? Is the issue basically that they're not showing up when you visit that section, but still uploading when you upload a clip?

We're just trying to make sure we understand the issue fully. Also, have you tried doing this with multiple games to see if the clips show up properly?

Let us know!

Mister Mascot, Aug 24, 2016
  4. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest

Hey there again here are the steps on how to troubleshoot upload studio / game DVR.

Game DVR

Lets uninstall the application (Upload studio) My games & apps - apps - upload studio - start - uninstall, once uninstalled follow these steps Here' when you finish
    that lets boot up the console and re-install the app and try to test it out.

Qwertei, Aug 24, 2016
  5. This unfortunately did not solve the problem. The captures are no longer appearing under my profile and are only in upload studios queue. Is there anything else we can think of?

6. I'd also like to add that loading my clips takes an extremely long time now.

7. I will try both power cycling and troubleshooting the game dvr and get back to you as soon as possible.

8. Capture Queue / Xbox DVR/ Upload Studio Problem?

I tried power cycling, all of the dvr trouble shooting options 1, 2, and 3. I uninstalled upload studio completely to see if i could just get a clean capture.

There is nothing else, no gameplay, internet activity, etc, to interfere with this activity. I even captured play in a practice ranged against AI bots.

When I hold the home button to launch, I can view the capture. But when I go to my captures, it is not there. It still winds up in the Upload Queue in XBOX DVR(which is now showing up under my profile with Upload studio still uninstalled) - where a 3 minute
    capture on high speed broadband takes extremely long to cycle through.

rottenblossom, Aug 25, 2016
  9. Heading to bed, please respond. Thank you for your time.

10. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest
    Is auto upload clips enabled because if not then it will result in it not posting in the activity feed.

Settings - preferences - activity feed - share clips & screenshots automatically.

Qwertei, Aug 25, 2016
  11. Yes, looks like it's always been on.

12. It's not the feed itself it's the Xbox in which I'm able to edit and post to one drive.

13. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest

Did upload studios receive any recent updates or changes / patches to the app?

Qwertei, Aug 25, 2016
  14. Not recently for sure or any time I can remember. I've been using it for a month.

15. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest
    Hey there sorry for the late reply i gotta help other people as well.

No update huh it's weird i apologies but i don't know the answer to this it is odd and i can't find you any troubleshooting steps for specifically upload studios :/. I'll try to get a staff member in here to shed some light on this. Thank you for being patient

Qwertei, Aug 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Capture Queue / Xbox DVR/ Upload Studio Problem? - Similar Threads - Capture Queue DVR

2. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  3. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  6. How do I get back my old game captures?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get back my old game captures?: So I log into my Xbox today for the first time in a couple of months, and I find all my game captures, screenshots, etc are gone. Every memory from my childhood completely erased, I was not warned...
  7. Are the following rules for xbox captures and activity feed posts true?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Are the following rules for xbox captures and activity feed posts true?: On my Xbox One X console about 3 days ago, all of my captures and activity feed posts of them were deleted. Even captures and posts from years ago. To lose my activity feed posts that had likes...
  8. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  9. Xbox Series X Capture not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Capture not working: Since about 10pm ET last night I am unable to capture gameplay on my series x. It was working prior to that. When I hit the button I have mapped nothing happens. I tested the button to make sure...
  10. I’m on Xbox series s and I’m having trouble locating the game capture upload queue. Any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m on Xbox series s and I’m having trouble locating the game capture upload queue. Any...: Im concerned the queue may be jammed. I tried basically everything from Turing it on and off and looking everywhere in the settings I even did a soft factory reset (with the keep games option) to...