Capabilities of the Xbox Seagate expansion drive

Discus and support Capabilities of the Xbox Seagate expansion drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am looking for someone who has the Xbox Seagate expansion drive for an Xbox series s. I am concerned because I need more storage for the new call of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jake Pach, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Jake Pach
    Jake Pach Guest

I am looking for someone who has the Xbox Seagate expansion drive for an Xbox series s. I am concerned because I need more storage for the new call of duty but I I am worried about spending money and running into the same issue I’m having with my current hard drive and that’s if I’m able to play the new call of duty, Fortnite, and NHL 24 off this hard drive opposed it being downloaded to my console. Does anyone know if you’re able too or not? Thanks

:)

Jake Pach, Nov 13, 2023
  2. Jake Pach Win User

Awesome thank you very much
  3. ngocphi Win User

Or non xbox series games on external.hdd

You just won't have the series optimizations
  4. Smwutches Win User

Yes you can. The expansion card is for Series S/X optimized games. So you should be able to run any game from them as opposed to regular external hard drives which cannot run Series S/X optimized games.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Cannot play any games with an X|S symbol.

That's the issue. The games would need to be on the internal drive. Series S/X enhanced games can only run from the internal drive or the Seagate expansion card that is available. Regular external drives are not capable of running the enhancements.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S not getting adequate speeds via USB

Tell me straight if its to get me to drop 200 on a seagate expansion card because if it is im not going to
    No, it isn't. I've got a 2TB SATA SSD drive connected to my Series X via USB and I get the same download speed downloading directly to this drive as I do either installing to the Internal drive or the Seagate expansion card.

Speeds of 30 to 50Mb/s is a tiny fraction of what these drives are capable of.
Thema:

1. Capabilities of the Xbox Seagate expansion drive - Similar Threads - Capabilities Seagate expansion

2. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  3. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  4. Seagate Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate Not Working: I have a 4TB Seagate WD My Passport 2626 that I use to store my xbox games on. Today I decided to plug it into my computer because I am low on storage. I think I formatted it and now it only says...
  5. Bring back the SNAP feature! New hardware is capable of handling it!

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the SNAP feature! New hardware is capable of handling it!: I miss the days when you could Zoom your friend while using your gaming together. Being able to snap youtube on the side while you game was ahead of its time back in 2014. The new hardware would...
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?

in XBoX on Windows
    Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?: Hello, I found out on the evening of December 16th that my account was fraudulently charged on the morning of the 16th. So, I immediately contacted Microsoft customer service and connected with an...
  8. How is an individual capable of abusing Xbox's enforcement system so effectively for such a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How is an individual capable of abusing Xbox's enforcement system so effectively for such a...: For over a year I've been getting harassed by an individual on Xbox live after crushing him in a game of prisoner rescue. I have received some of the most hateful, bigoted, racist and homophobic...
  9. If I bought a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I bought a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed...: If I was to buy a monitor that has 144hz-160hz capability for my Xbox series s will I be maxed out at 120hz ? And do I need anything specific to play games at 120hz or higher?...
  10. How do company's get away with pure false advertisement on the “technical capabilities”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do company's get away with pure false advertisement on the “technical capabilities”...: The game “STAR WARS Jedi Survivor” says in the technical capabilities section that it includes “ray tracing, and 60 FPS+“ gameplay. This is simply not true at all on Xbox series S. The game is...