Can't view xbox series x captures on pc xbox app

Discus and support Can't view xbox series x captures on pc xbox app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I want my console companion back, this new freaking app will not view captures from the xbox at all, on my pc the companion app had no issues doing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SpencerHamilton, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Can't view xbox series x captures on pc xbox app

I want my console companion back, this new freaking app will not view captures from the xbox at all, on my pc the companion app had no issues doing this. Bring back my ability to download my clips from my xbox directly to my pc you dicks.

:)

SpencerHamilton, Nov 16, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello SpencerHamilton,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that the issue you are describing is one of interesting topic that had happened due to some changes as new development of Xbox has been rolled out. We understand how you manage easily captures and screenshots before in your Xbox console and this was altered as time went on. Let us help you how to share your feedback so this can reach to our developer's ears.

To share your feedback, use Report on Windows that can be found in this link: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Additionally, you can upload your game clips and screenshot directly to OneDrive so that you can view it using your OneDrive app in your Windows device or your OneDrive online. You can configure it by enabling automatic upload to OneDrive by following these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Go to “Profile & system” > “Settings” > “Preferences” > “Capture & share” > “Automatic uploads.”
    3. Enable automatic uploads for OneDrive.

Capturing game clips in Xbox console has made it more convenient because you can capture what just happened or capture what's going to happen next or if you have the new Xbox Wireless controller you can use a single press of the controller's dedicated share button to take a screenshot.

For information about how to manage captures, see the following articles below:

We thank you and appreciate much for bringing this one of the most interesting topic in this forum.

Sincerely,

3. Jhonkito Win User

Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out.

Hi Knitters99, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I understand your frustration with not being able to view your Xbox captures on your PC and having to rely solely on the Xbox app. While Microsoft does own many things, they're working on evolving their offerings, and the issue you're facing is being addressed.

Here's what you need to know:

Why can't you view captures on PC?

Previously, there was a separate Xbox Console Companion app on PC that allowed you to view and manage your captures. However, it was recently replaced by the new, unified Xbox app. Currently, the Xbox app on PC has limited functionality for viewing and managing captures. This is a known issue Microsoft is actively working on.

Not quite! Although the current lack of capture management on PC might feel like a step back, Microsoft is focused on bringing a more streamlined and integrated experience across devices.

The new Xbox app aims to provide all your Xbox needs in one place, including eventually managing captures on PC.

What can you do now?

While waiting for the Xbox app on PC to gain full capture functionality, here are your options:

Use the Xbox app on mobile: You can view and manage your captures through the Xbox app on your phone or tablet.

Download captures to your PC: You can download individual captures through the Xbox app on your console and access them on your PC.

Provide feedback: Let Microsoft know about your frustration by sending feedback through the Xbox app or the official Xbox website. The more feedback they receive, the sooner they'll prioritize improving capture management on PC.

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  4. Vcize Win User

Viewing and Downloading Xbox Clips on Computer

Unfortunately this only seems to work for captures made on PC, not Xbox captures uploaded to the cloud like we used to be able to view in the companion app.

Lame, Microsoft.
  5. HULK SMASH666 Win User

Captures not uploading to xbox live on the One S, mobile or PC app

I am having issues loading my captures, they started off by not showing up on xbox live or the app but were there locally. This morning however I can't even access at all on my series X?
  6. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
Thema:

1. Can't view xbox series x captures on pc xbox app - Similar Threads - Can't view series

2. i can't view xbox groups

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i can't view xbox groups: so i get a message saying launch a game to see available groups to join on the xbox game bar i have the xbox app and i have the games and launched them and it persists...
  3. Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...: Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out. The only way I can view and edit my captures is through the Xbox app. What a joke....
  4. I can't view pictures that were sent in the Xbox App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't view pictures that were sent in the Xbox App!: Hello, someone sent me a photo from about a year ago, via Xbox App, and I came back to it just now (for memories). I found the picture that I was looking for, but alas, it says "Sorry we could not...
  5. Can't view library/install or launch games. Gaming Services error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't view library/install or launch games. Gaming Services error?: My library won't show, and I can't launch games. If I try to install a game, it prompts me to install Gaming Services and then hangs forever. I've tried everything in the link below, and nothing...
  6. Xbox PC Game Pass can't install or view library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC Game Pass can't install or view library: Basically out of no where my PC Xbox app doesn't show any installed games and doesn't allow me to install any games as well. I think it might be something involving game services. I have attempted...
  7. Since last update on ARK ... I can't get back to 1st person view from 3 rd person .... Its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since last update on ARK ... I can't get back to 1st person view from 3 rd person .... Its...: Can someone please help me change camera on ARK? deb5305e-6ac9-4266-9fc2-c1902fca4914
  8. I can't view others chat on lifeboat, only my friends, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't view others chat on lifeboat, only my friends, how do I fix this?: I am on windows 10, playing lifeboat. I noticed that I cannot see others messages like my friend, who can see others messages. I can view the chat but only my own messages, or own disclaimers like...
  9. How come i can't view my captures?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How come i can't view my captures?: Everytime i go on the xbox game bar and want to view my gallary, it says that there was a problem loading your captures. It has been doing this for a few days now....
  10. why are all my friends gone, i can't view profiles, almost all my chats wont load anymore,...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why are all my friends gone, i can't view profiles, almost all my chats wont load anymore,...: i can't do anything with friends anymore on my xbox, only my laptop b5662586-1321-4912-bd61-312206f6527e