Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update.

Discus and support Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I am encountering an extremely frustrating issue with the xbox application on my new desktop PC. I've installed the Xbox application from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wwdeck87, Dec 24, 2023.

1. wwdeck87
    wwdeck87 Guest

Hi Everyone,

I am encountering an extremely frustrating issue with the xbox application on my new desktop PC. I've installed the Xbox application from the Microsoft site and the Windows store, and every time I open the application, my app goes to update and fails. I get the same error every time "Sorry, something went wrong. Try it again, or click the error code for more info.". The error code is 0x80070490. Hitting TRY AGAIN takes me to an immediate loop of this failing and displaying the same message. I've tried to uninstall the application and delete all traces of it from my PC using the PowerShell inputs, this had no effect. My windows is up to date. I am at a loss and have had this issue for months, each time trying something new only to fail. I cannot use the app on my PC. I have a laptop that the application works fine on, just not my desktop. Anyone know of any solutions?

:)

wwdeck87, Dec 24, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Wwdeck87, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Error 0x80070490 usually indicates a problem with the Xbox application files. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

1. Restart your PC. This may fix temporary issues that may be causing the error.

2. Try starting the Xbox app in safe mode. This can help isolate the issue if it is related to a plugin or mod. To launch the Xbox app in safe mode, press and hold the Windows button and the R button at the same time. Type "ms-settings:appsfeatures" and press Enter. In the list of applications, click "Xbox" and then "Advanced." In the "Advanced Options" section, select "Run this application in compatibility mode" and select the latest Windows operating system from the list. Click "Apply" and then "OK."

3. Check the integrity of the Xbox app files. This can help repair any corrupt or damaged files. To verify the integrity of the Xbox app files, open the Settings app and go to "Apps > Apps & Features." Find the Xbox app and click "Advanced Options." In the "Advanced Options" section, select "Verify file integrity."

4. Update your graphics card drivers. Outdated or corrupt graphics card drivers can cause problems with applications. To update your graphics card drivers, visit your graphics card manufacturer's website and search for the latest drivers for your graphics card model.

5. Restore the Xbox app to default settings. This can fix problems caused by incorrect configurations. To restore the Xbox app to default settings, open the Settings app and go to "Apps > Apps & Features." Find the Xbox app and click "Advanced Options." In the "Advanced Options" section, select "Reset."

For your reference, I have included some links where you can find more details about the solutions I suggested.
    https://support.microsoft.com/accou...n-t-open-126a875d-8b72-def1-0af6-d325276a058b

https://support.microsoft.com/accou...-windows-1d94d942-bc55-e762-6cda-ca5bbb383285

https://support.microsoft.com/accou...ft-store-ca530de4-cd19-f728-dae7-7368fab8df4d

https://support.microsoft.com/accou...6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

You can also open the links and see what other solutions you can try.

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
    Jhon
  3. hammerhand80 Win User

Can't access preview forums

i have a problem accessing the dashboard after the update to the new dashboard it is giving me and error 0x80070490 and i cant find the forum as well
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Recibi un mensaje de error en xbox one[I got an error message on xbox one]

5. supermm Win User

Xbox one error 0x80070490 when opening game

6. Bestlano Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Live App

Hi Summer, thanks for the update. I am not sure why your seeing 20 failed apps, but this sounds like a Store/Windows related issue which you may want to contact Windows support if it starts impacting you from downloading or purchasing apps.

As for the Xbox App beta, please try the following suggested tips for error
    0x80070490 below.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/error-code-lookup?code=0x80070490

Let us know if it helps or not,

Best
Thema:

1. Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update. - Similar Threads - Cant application due

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  6. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  7. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  8. Cant get a teredo ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant get a teredo ip address: I tried every thing to make it work but nothing solved multiplayer connection cant get ip address And nat type also cant ip and unavailable please help me solve this...
  9. Why cant I uninstall Gaming Services? I cant even close the application.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I uninstall Gaming Services? I cant even close the application.: The option to uninstall isnt available. I need to take an online test and the test taking software is saying that gaming services is running. I end it in task manager and it keeps coming back. Why...
  10. cant cancel download on xbox application on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant cancel download on xbox application on pc: restarted everything cant get past a dlc that wont download or cancel or pause 8697861b-343d-4705-a57d-5de72bb17d95