Cant use the OSU after dead HDD replacement

Discus and support Cant use the OSU after dead HDD replacement in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello everyone, my XBox One X was erolled in the insiders program, but the hdd died and now I've replaced it, but the problem is that I can't do... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ArethisPT, Jan 25, 2021.

1. /u/ArethisPT
    /u/ArethisPT Guest

Hello everyone, my XBox One X was erolled in the insiders program, but the hdd died and now I've replaced it, but the problem is that I can't do anything with the OSU1, because my OS Version that is stored in the NAND is 19041.6203.amd64fre.cb_flt_2102vb.210120-0000 and I think it's newer than the OSUs one, so how can I do this so I can install the OS on my console.

I have already unenrolled the xbox from the insiders program, but since there is no OS on the HDD it wont do anything to the NAND.

Need urgent help, pls.

submitted by /u/ArethisPT
    [link] [comments]

/u/ArethisPT, Jan 25, 2021
  2. DoM RaTTe Win User

OSU1 and E101

Actually that doesnt work either... my x is bricked due to a faulty hdd. I changed the hdd with a working one. Could not get osu to work i then cloned the one s hdd on the same insider preview overwritten the files in the a and b folders in the x:\ drive
    of the new hdd same thing happens.... still thinks the version on the nand is superior to the one on hard drive... lost 3 nights trying to figure it out. Im at the point of using a hex editor and try to change the update parameters on the a/b folder systemupdate.vxd
    to trick it into thinking its a newer osu? Its really a **** move of microsoft not providing the insider preview osu to insiders. Btw i was able to remove the x from insider preview but there should be a online check for insider preview recovery if they cant
    provide us with the osu to get us back going again. This is unacceptable im kot the only one and is extremley fustratng that m$ wants $100 usd for something i could fix myself in a few minutes with the right osu....
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck again at 50%

Hi Desja,

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'm sorry to say but if the issue continues after power cycling then unfortunately the console will need to be repaired or replaced as from what I've seen E102 system errors will need to be fixed by certified Microsoft
    technicians.

Did you try all of the OSU files? I believe there is OSU 1, OSU 2, and OSU 3 from the

OSU troubleshooting guide
  4. demonizer andy Win User

osu1 update information

No you dont use OSU

That is only for regular consoles

FOR ALL insiders issues use the regedit/xboxinsiders

To fix most update fail issues first download the insiders hub on a windows 10 pc

Unenroll your console

Thwn wait a few mins then reconnect this shiuld revert you back

When you do a factory reset

Then you can reenroll after
    yeh that dont work, and from what iv read so far, you need the OSU but only after the OSU has been updated so its in front of the insider update, as it ques the insider update first, iv been un-enrolled for about a couple weeks now, installed a fresh HDD and tried to use the OSU, still get the error and after searching online seems plenty are having the same issue and you need the updated OSU, a simple reset doesnt work
  5. Rostom L Win User

Is there an OSU for version 221130-1745?

Hi there!

I don't think that there's an OSU file for Insiders. Since you already replaced your HDD yourself, I am afraid that we can no longer assist you here in forum because we do not support self-repairs. I hope you understand.
  6. Red264 Win User

External Hard Drive no longer recognized

It's possible the caddy itself is faulty and the HDD is fine, but to test that you would have to extract the HDD from the caddy and buy a replacement one (they are very cheap) however if it is a commercial external HDD their caddies are sometimes difficult
    to dismantle and on occasion use custom connectors instead of the standard SATA interface on the HDD which would rule out a replacement unless you can buy a spare caddy of the same type/brand on eBay or something.

Any clicking or odd noises from the HDD means it's dead/faulty.
Thema:

1. Cant use the OSU after dead HDD replacement - Similar Threads - Cant OSU dead

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  6. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  7. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  8. Cant get a teredo ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant get a teredo ip address: I tried every thing to make it work but nothing solved multiplayer connection cant get ip address And nat type also cant ip and unavailable please help me solve this...
  9. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  10. Cant seem to download and of the OSU offline software updated\

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant seem to download and of the OSU offline software updated\: get to like 60% the what do uk it crashes and i havent had a single living person to help me because in reality how does an animated answering machine gona know what im saying yet alone help me...