Can't use old gamertag

Discus and support Can't use old gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I try to change a gamertag it is said "This will replace *. Once you confirm the change, * will be available to others. So I confirmed the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by gamerlh, Dec 29, 2023.

1. gamerlh
    gamerlh Guest

Can't use old gamertag

When I try to change a gamertag it is said "This will replace *. Once you confirm the change, * will be available to others.

So I confirmed the change and when I try to use my old gamertag on another account it is not available to others! Impossible to contact Support.

:)

gamerlh, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Can't use old gamertag

The tag isn't always freed up instantly so keep trying,it can take a couple of days sometimes.

The tag will have to be 12 characters or less as well.
  3. Sun Khou Win User

Can't use my old gamertag

Hi King Krondoe

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you want to know why there is a different email address that is currently using your Old gamertag.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• Does your old gamertag have any Suffix included in it? Note: Just answer yes or no for this question. Do not provide the specific name of the old gamertag that you own.

• What is the specific date of the email you had received that the shows your gamertag was created using your current email address? If possible, kindly please provide a screenshot. Just exclude any sensitive information to protect your own data privacy.

• On what specific device did your old gamertag show?

• Have you already tried to check the information on how Gamertag works and how you can change it from this support article link: Xbox gamertag FAQ | Xbox Support?

In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

We look forward to your reply,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Sun Khou Win User

Can't use my old gamertag

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. QuietLemur1168 Win User

disk unreadable on downloaded game

i have had that gamertag since 2007. i think it used to work with the old forums but i can't really remember.
  6. SyvaticRook90 Win User

tryin to download profile

Hello I had a problem on my old account but I can't use it anymore what should I do and what do I need to use my old gamertag would you able to help me
Thema:

Can't use old gamertag

1. Can't use old gamertag - Similar Threads - Can't old gamertag

2. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  3. I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc: I coppied Lies of P from my old pc and the launcher verifies only 11.4 gigs then says the game is ready to launch when I launch the game it says : some game files are missing or corrupted . and...
  4. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  5. Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one: I changed my gamertag a little bit ago but I regret doing so and would like to change it back to my old one. When I try to change it I get a message saying it's not allowed, I'm not sure why...
  6. Can't use my old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't use my old gamertag: To put it simply as I can I changed my Gamertag years ago for awhile and I reverted back to my current Gamertag. However for some reason my old Gamertag still shows up as if I still has it/owns...
  7. Why Can't I Sign Into my Old Gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can't I Sign Into my Old Gamertag?: A few weeks ago I changed my old xbox account's email from an old one to a new one. However, after signing in from the new account today I was signed into a brand new gamertag instead of my old...
  8. Lost my old GamerTag after I sold my old console and can't recover

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost my old GamerTag after I sold my old console and can't recover: Hello, I can't recover my old GamerTag: MrPeachyPenguin. I can't figure out what email it's associated with, and I jsut bought a new Xbox Series X and created a new GamerTag, but I want my old...
  9. Can't retrieve old gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't retrieve old gamertag: So I have a bit of a complicated problem. I was having trouble updating Skyrim V on my Xbox one and when I looked it up, it said I needed to restart my console. I did that and of course, I had to...
  10. Can't Access Old Gamertag, Want Content From It

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Access Old Gamertag, Want Content From It: My family and I have a joint Xbox Live account under an old email of my brothers, an email that he no longer has access to. We used the account for years and years, but a few months ago the xbox...