Can't use my password to get into Xbox 360 login

Discus and support Can't use my password to get into Xbox 360 login in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello all. I am trying to login to my account on an XBox 360. Keep getting code: 8015D002. I type in the same email and password that logs me into my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gator1254, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Gator1254
    Gator1254 Guest

Hello all. I am trying to login to my account on an XBox 360. Keep getting code: 8015D002. I type in the same email and password that logs me into my MS account in on my PC and handheld. Not sure what next steps are. It is possible this is my first time going back to X360 since I did a password update for the MS account. I have two factor on, but X360 doesn't give you that option. Any thoughts/suggestions? Would prefer not to have to reset password if possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Gator1254, Oct 19, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Gator1254! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

After activating/disabling 2-step verification in your account, you must delete and re-add your Xbox profile on your console so that all changes made can be updated and synchronized. This is the only way, so follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings and select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Select Profiles.
    4. Select the Xbox profile you want to delete.
    5. Select Delete.
    6. Select Delete Profile Only – This deletes the Xbox profile but leaves the saved games and achievements.
    7. Restart your console.
    8. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    9. Select Download Profile.
    10. Enter the email address of the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox profile.
    11. Enter your Microsoft account password. If you have forgotten it, you will need to reset your password.
    12. If you use external storage on your console, select the storage device you want to save your Xbox profile to. If you don't use external storage, your Xbox profile will start downloading.
    13. After downloading your Xbox profile, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password.

Make sure you're signed in with the correct Microsoft account associated with your Gamertag. For additional information, you can visit the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/xbox-360/error-code-8015d002

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. SilentXStealth-9099A Win User

Stuck on "Remember password?" screen on Xbox 360 after entering password

I found a permanent solution that works. Login to your Microsoft account from a PC. setup 2 step verification. Then setup an 'app' password. (An app password is used to login to older MS devices like xbox 360 or windows 8 phone). Then login to your xbox
    360 using the app password instead of your regular password. Then, select remember my password (if you want it to login without putting your password each time) .
  4. SilentXStealth-9099A Win User

I found a permanent solution that works. Login to your Microsoft account from a PC. setup 2 step verification. Then setup an 'app' password. (An app password is used to login to older MS devices like xbox 360 or windows 8 phone). Then login to your xbox
    360 using the app password instead of your regular password. Then, select remember my password (if you want it to login without putting your password each time) .

I tested it. It works good. The problem initially occurred on my family profiles/xboxes that didn't have 'remember my password' enabled.
  5. SilentXStealth-9099A Win User

my password seems to be too long from what i can tell

after updating my console

I tested it. It works good. The problem initially occurred on my family profiles/xboxes that didn't have 'remember my password' enabled.
  6. nWo Thunder 3 Win User

Gamertag

I tried using the gamertag and username that is on the other 360. I keep getting that the info is associated with another account. I use my login info and password with the gamertag listed in the upper left.
Thema:

1. Can't use my password to get into Xbox 360 login - Similar Threads - Can't password 360

2. I can't connect to my wifi, but it never asked me for a wifi password

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to my wifi, but it never asked me for a wifi password: I'm trying to switch my xbox from a wired to a wireless connection, and it's just... not... connecting. But it's very suspicious, that it never asked me for the wifi password. At the end of the...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. I can't see messages from my xbox or receive them and I don't know the password to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't see messages from my xbox or receive them and I don't know the password to my...: I don't know how to fix my messages I can't see or send them and I don't know the password to my account but I do know my email 4a8736d4-2ef4-4cd9-b4c6-9a9cbb403a7d
  5. Can't download Xbox Live Profile on to Xbox 360 Bad Password/Bad Credentials Error 80072741

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download Xbox Live Profile on to Xbox 360 Bad Password/Bad Credentials Error 80072741: Hello, I recently bought a used 360 and I cannot download my Xbox Live Profile. I have tried deleting profiles, clearing the cache, formatting the HD, redoing the initial settings and have changed...
  6. Can't access password through Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access password through Xbox 360: I locked myself put of a 9-year-old Xbox 360 account by accident, and do nor have enough information for the online account recovery form to be of any use. I do still have my 360 and can get to...
  7. Can't 'save password' or proceed to 'next' on 360 sign-in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't 'save password' or proceed to 'next' on 360 sign-in: I got red rings on my 360, so bought another console. However, though it recognises my password and email as correct when I sign in, it won't let me select 'save password' nor will it go to...
  8. i can't log in my account after i changed my password (xbox 360)

in XBoX on Consoles
    i can't log in my account after i changed my password (xbox 360): so I changed my friends password since he didn't know how so we could xbox but now the problem is tat I can't log in his account because the password would not be correct. any help ?...
  9. i can't log in on my xbox 360 account after i cahgned my password.

in XBoX on Consoles
    i can't log in on my xbox 360 account after i cahgned my password.: so I recently changed my password of my Microsoft account and now when I try to log in on the pc it work smoothly but my xbox 360 on the other hand says : sorry, there's a problem with the...
  10. I don't have a 360 anymore, I can't remember that email or the password I used? I have ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't have a 360 anymore, I can't remember that email or the password I used? I have ...: Don't have a 360 anymore, old unused email that is attached to my Lord Sadeus 360 account & that email got discontinued by yahoo.mail. I can't remember what that email/password was so that I may...