Can't use Live Gold Membership to get free Sonic Generations

Discus and support Can't use Live Gold Membership to get free Sonic Generations in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bought a new XBox One S Digital Edition and got a free 30 day XBox Live Gold Membership. I'm trying to download the Sonic Generations (XBox 360 and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RobynWong2, Mar 27, 2020.

1. RobynWong2
    RobynWong2 Guest

Bought a new XBox One S Digital Edition and got a free 30 day XBox Live Gold Membership. I'm trying to download the Sonic Generations (XBox 360 and backwards compatible to XBox One) from the free monthly games but I'm told I don't have a payment method
    set up. It then takes me to a page where I have to be in USA to complete my address. I do have a microsoft account and I do have a payment method set up that has been used for purchases before. My credit card details are up to date. I even set up a recurring
    payment to keep XBox Live Gold and it accepted the payment.

It seems like XBox thinks I'm based in the US. But I've checked all my details and it accepts I am in NZ.

:)

RobynWong2, Mar 27, 2020
  2. AdministratorDad Win User

You'll want to go to http://live.xbox.com/accountmigration and migrate your region to NZ. Sometimes the 360 system sees accounts has being in a different region
    even if everything else shows it as being correct.
    100% fixed my son's issue, 360 has an initial problem with first time crossover downloads as all regions are set to US so has to be migrated to the users region by following the link.
  3. Smwutches Win User

You'll want to go to http://live.xbox.com/accountmigration and migrate your region to NZ. Sometimes the 360 system sees accounts has being in a different region even if
    everything else shows it as being correct.
  4. RobynWong2 Win User

Thank you. I tried that too. But still won't download. I hit the green download button and nothing happens.
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Its not necessarily that your Xbox thinks you're in the US so much so as it is that in order to claim some free games off of Xbox Live, such as the Xbox original and Xbox 360 titles when they go free with Gold, you do actually need a valid billing account
    set up with your Xbox. I know that kind of subverts the whole 'games being free' thing but that's just kind of how it is for some reason. The games are one hundred percent free, you just need a valid billing account for that 'credit' for the game to go to,
    or something like that, its pretty tricky to explain.

First thing to do, would be to go to your region/location settings and just 100 percent reconfirm that your information is set to the New Zealand market. Then, go to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    and add a valid billing account to your Microsoft/Xbox Live account and you should be able to download the free Xbox 360 game once that information is processed and updated.

I know it kind of sucks to have to go through that hassle to get a free game, but I'm pretty sure that'll fix it.
  6. RobynWong2 Win User

Yes, I did check and that was correct.
Thema:

1. Can't use Live Gold Membership to get free Sonic Generations - Similar Threads - Can't Live Gold

2. Why can't I download Xbox Live Gold video game Darkwood?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download Xbox Live Gold video game Darkwood?: To whom it may concern: I have purchased 12 months of Xbox Live Gold. Recently, I purchased a Seagate external game drive and obtained 1 month of free Game Pass Ultimate. If I only have one month...
  3. I can't connect to Xbox Live on my 360 titles despite having an active Gold membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to Xbox Live on my 360 titles despite having an active Gold membership: I am unable to connect to Xbox Live on my 360 games despite having an active Xbox Live Gold membership. Does the membership included with game pass ultimate not carry over to 360 titles anymore? I...
  4. I subscribe Xbox live gold but I can't play in mobile game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I subscribe Xbox live gold but I can't play in mobile game pass: I subscribe Xbox live gold, but I can't play in mobile game pass b6c3ff2d-0281-4e12-a6a1-ca8375daa1a2
  5. I have had an xbox live gold subscription for years hut recently I can't play certain games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have had an xbox live gold subscription for years hut recently I can't play certain games...: There are no bans on my account can you help? 064e8c07-1862-4020-9761-2ea784deb249
  6. Why can't I talk to others in a party chat after stitching from xbox live gold to game pass...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to others in a party chat after stitching from xbox live gold to game pass...: It is really strange how I can hear other people talk in the party chat but I can't. And I have tried with 2 different mics and tried both mics for a phone call on my phone and they both work...
  7. I can't use Xbox Live Gold on Xbox360/我不能在Xbox360上使用Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Xbox Live Gold on Xbox360/我不能在Xbox360上使用Xbox Live Gold: EN-US(英文-English): I bought and subscribed to Xbox Game Pass ULTIMATE at about 12:00 noon on December 4, 2022. A weekend later. When I was happy to log in to Xbox360, I found that I could log in...
  8. I can't able to install tekken 6 for Xbox series s even though iam having Xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't able to install tekken 6 for Xbox series s even though iam having Xbox live gold: I can't able to install tekken 6 for Xbox series s even it is an Xbox live gold game iam having Xbox live gold but I can't able to install it is showing in my games and apps but if I click on it...
  9. Xbox Live connected but can't play any multiplayer even with gold/Gamepass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live connected but can't play any multiplayer even with gold/Gamepass: Hi There, I have had no issues gaming online until the last few days, I can join parties and talk to friends without issues but only recently I can't play online with anyone, servers for all my...
  10. Can't redeem purchased XBox Live Gold membership codes

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem purchased XBox Live Gold membership codes: I am trying to vent some frustration with dealing with the Customer Support. Basically, I purchased Qty. 2 XBox Live Gold membership redeemable codes a while back (7/24/2019) through a promo...