Can't use in upload studio, voice recorder

Discus and support Can't use in upload studio, voice recorder in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am in the upload studio and when I get intro create your own I put my clip in, and when I try to use the voice recorder all it does is 3 2 1 really... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Infinit3Diamond, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Can't use in upload studio, voice recorder

I am in the upload studio and when I get intro create your own I put my clip in, and when I try to use the voice recorder all it does is 3 2 1 really fast then silence then it crashes please help!

:)

Infinit3Diamond, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Upload Studio Not Recording Voice Over.

I have a problem with upload studio, cant record my voice....it seems like my headset is unplugged but i can record voice messajes....

memowalkeer93, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Hey there CWStandalone0.

You can add your voice within Upload Studio by editing your clips and recording your audio there. It doesn't record voice as you're playing.

Mister Maka, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest

I would first go to Settings, Power, Restart Xbox. If that doesn't work, from the Power menu, go to Turn Xbox off, then unplug the power cord for 5 minutes.

Kenny H., Oct 28, 2015
  5. If you are in the Preview Program and are using "The New XBOX ONE Experience", are glitches and bugs expected, and all we can do for now is to report them

Hope this helped!

-

Derpy Hoove51, Oct 31, 2018
  6. choppyseize Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Unless you have an Elgato you can't record your voice. The console/app won't let you record yours or anyone else's. You can add your voice after the fact using upload studio.
  7. memowalkeer93 Win User

Upload Studio Not Recording Voice Over.

I have a problem with upload studio, cant record my voice....it seems like my headset is unplugged but i can record voice messajes....
  8. Mister Maka Win User

I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Hey there CWStandalone0.

You can add your voice within Upload Studio by editing your clips and recording your audio there. It doesn't record voice as you're playing.
  9. SALTxDOGG Win User

[quote user="x HAD0UKEN x"]

When I try to do voice over on my clips I get two possible situations.

1. Count Down starts and the Kinect or Mic hears me and right after it hits 1.... It freezes and crashes the app

2. Count Down starts 3...2...1... But Kinect or Mic cant hear me and then I get a message saying "Sorry, We weren't able to record that time." (0x80040201) after I press stop recording.

[/quote]

I think I figured something out...

REGARDING ISSUE #1:

After receiving the standard power cycle troubleshooting instructions from XBOX, I decided to stare at the problem until it made sense or threw me a bone. After countless different methods and attempts at recording ( changing just one setting with each attempt
    and ruling things out one by one )... I came to a possible cause/solution for the your first issue-- voiceover feature crashing the entire program upon countdown reaching 1, and/or getting nothing but static recorded.

First off I have SURROUND SOUND TRITON HEADPHONES plugged into the OPTICAL AUDIO jack on my console. Audio settings require BITSTREAM OUT for said headphones to provide me with anything resembling a Dolby Digital Surround Sound bitstream
    format.

The crash was only triggered for me when I was attempting to record voiceover audio while my headphones were powered ON via the power button located on the connected 'decoder box'. I received the crash whether attempting
    to record voiceover via my Kinect OR the XboxOne Chat Mic connected to my controller.

Without changing any audio settings from their original Optical, Bitstream Out, Surround setup originally noted upon first experiencing the crash -- Simply turning OFFthe decoder box/headphones BEFORE PRESSING RECORD (without having to
    unplug the headphones completely) ALLOWED THE COUNTDOWN TO FINISH AND ALL VOICEOVER AUDIO TO SUCCESSFULLY RECORD (CONFIRMED RECORDING WITH CHAT HEADSET AS WELL AS KINECT
    MICS).

The headset plugged into my optical device is a Triton 720+ surround sound headset. Not specifically listed as compatible with the XBoxOne (just 360 and ps3), regardless of still providing me with surround sound audio (no chat). It seems that merely having
    some type of decoder box or digital audio device plugged into your optical outlet and in the ON position, regardless of your digital audio settings, interferes with the voiceover recording feature of Upload Studio.

NOTE: In my hours of trials, NOT ONCE did hard-booting, power cycling, uninstalling/reinstalling programs, nor changing any one particular display & sound audio setting EVER CORRECT THE ISSUE. Please remember, this is the first time I'm
    posting, so as of right now this has only worked for me (until someone else tries it)... I'm no programmer, nor do I claim to be some troubleshooting expert. I'm technogically self-taught having grown up in the days that saw the start of Apple and the birth
    of Atari, and having to sink or swim in DOS hell, but it looks to me like the problem lies somewhere in whatever audio device/s are attached via your OPTICAL AUDIO jack. I'd say there's some miscommunication going on there once you hit that record button and
    that countdown begins.

HOPE THIS WORKS for you or anyone else as a temporary fix regarding this ongoing unresolved issue (and helps to steer XBOX tech guru powers that be in a direction that leads to a more complete/informed solution or some sort of eventual patch! :)

GOOD LUCK!

-Mac

(MumbleBrothers)
  10. Misses Quinzel Win User

Thanks so much for the information, MumbleBrothers! If you happen to see others posting more recently that could use this information, please do not hesitate to pass it on! If you need assistance with any support issues, please post up a new thread so that
    we can get you some individual support! We love seeing you guys help out your fellow gamers, and look forward to seeing more posts from you. :)
Thema:

1. Can't use in upload studio, voice recorder - Similar Threads - Can't upload studio

2. Can't upload captures to OneDrive from the Xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't upload captures to OneDrive from the Xbox network: Help, I'm afraid I will lose my xbox captures since I can't upload them. I used the Microsoft 365 free trial thinking I didn't have enough space just to be met with the same error message "Failed...
  3. I can't add clip in upload studio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't add clip in upload studio: Has anyone come across this problem with upload studio? When I clic add clip it only adds a 1 second blank video. I have an original xbox one. Everything seems to be updated. I even tried to...
  4. Can't upload videos through Upload Studio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't upload videos through Upload Studio: [img] No problem occured when uploading pictures. In addition, I closed the auto-upload in DVR settings. Don't know if this is related to the problem. And I don't have Xbox Gold subscription....
  5. Can't add clip to upload studio.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add clip to upload studio.: I recently pieced together a bunch of clips and uploaded it with the intent of adding music. After I uploaded the base video to my Xbox and live, it won't let me add the clip back to upload...
  6. I can't record voice overs on upload studio.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't record voice overs on upload studio.: When I try to record a voice over it won't show I'm even talking and it's not recording the voice over. I've had this problem for a week and it's making me mad. I know it is not my headset...
  7. Upload Studio can't access some of my clips, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio can't access some of my clips, what do I do?: A few days ago I went through a bunch of clips on my Xbox DVR and trimmed them down with Upload studio. All I really did was make the videos shorter. After doing this, I deleted most of the...
  8. Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't retrieve captures in Upload Studio: Whenever I try to retrieve game clip captures in the Upload Studio app, it fails to do so roughly 95% of the time, either giving me various error messages or simply crashing the app altogether....
  9. Can't Share Clips Edited In Upload Studio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Share Clips Edited In Upload Studio: So I'm having an issue where I can't share clips after they have been edited in Upload Studio. If the clip is auto-recorded, I recorded it via Game DVR, or if it was edited in an older version of...
  10. I can't use Upload Studio at all - post system update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't use Upload Studio at all - post system update: It hangs at 50% for a while, then gives me error code (0x80040206) with "Please Try Again," message. I don't know why. It worked fine the morning BEFORE the update. Now it doesn't work. Error code...