Can't use console, services and pay due to arbitrary language restrictions.

Discus and support Can't use console, services and pay due to arbitrary language restrictions. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I bought the Xbox one as a home multimedia centre (I use a proper computer for playing games), but it's entirely unusable to me for that purpose... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CATPAIN KIRK, Jan 11, 2014.

1. CATPAIN KIRK
    CATPAIN KIRK Guest

Hi,

I bought the Xbox one as a home multimedia centre (I use a proper computer for playing games), but it's entirely unusable to me for that purpose because ms forces some arbitrary language rules on me, as opposed to the ps3 I still own.

So basically, just because I'm living in a non-english speaking country. MS forces a german OS on me and decides I should watch english movies in terribly dubbed german versions.

Just to be clear: My first language is german, I live in a german speaking country, absolutely in accordance with my billing information, but I haven't used a german language in 40 years, nor would I ever spend a single cent on an English movie dubbed in
    german.

If I watch a German movie, i watch it in German, if I watch an English movie, I watch it in English - same goes for french, Italian or spanish movies.

I'm sure there must be a simple workaround, but I couldn't find it yet.

:)

CATPAIN KIRK, Jan 11, 2014
  2. BSD Master
    BSD Master Guest
    Feature suggestion

Hi,

hope this will be fixed with the new fw update.

We the 360 you can choose a console language and a system locale, with xbox one, if you choose english as language you get only english speaking countries.

It is a real problem if you live abroad, as you can't use the services due to country restrictions.

BSD Master, Jan 11, 2014
  3. cornmouth
    cornmouth Guest
    I demand a refund since i cant purchase live with microsoft money.

This seems like an incredibly arbitrary restriction.

cornmouth, Jan 11, 2014
  4. CATPAIN KIRK
    CATPAIN KIRK Guest

Yay - just found out I can't even edit my posts without a gold sub, which I'm certainly not going to pay for due to above reasons.

I meant I didn't use a German language OS in 40 years.

Anyway - either I overlooked something in two weeks (apologies in that case) or I'll sell this poor attempt on ethnic cleansing

CATPAIN KIRK, Jan 11, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: