Can't upload screenshot from Steam game to share

Discus and support Can't upload screenshot from Steam game to share in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I took screenshots from a game on Steam with the Windows 10 Game Bar, and I want to upload them to share on Xbox Live with friends. But when I click... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PatriotDream76, May 18, 2017.

1. Can't upload screenshot from Steam game to share

I took screenshots from a game on Steam with the Windows 10 Game Bar, and I want to upload them to share on Xbox Live with friends. But when I click 'upload' on the xbox app, it says it doesn't recognize the game. Help please?

:)

PatriotDream76, May 18, 2017
  2. Ratly
    Ratly Guest
    Screenshots not able to be shared

As recently as a week ago I was able to take screenshots of my games and upload them to onedrive. Now I can't upload any screenshots at all. I still have Gold status so I'm unsure as to why I'm suddenly not able to upload any screenshots I take. I experimented
    with a video clip and it gave me the option to share that.

Ratly, May 18, 2017
  3. Sorry, we can't share this right now.

All of the sudden I can't share screenshots or clips from Xbox (console) to OneDrive. An edited clip uploaded successfully to OneDrive during the rendering/upload phase, but using the share function on any completed file gives me
    the error message "Sorry, we can't share this right now. Try again in awhile." This has persisted for a couple of days now. What gives?

R3b3l Command3r, May 18, 2017
  4. Can't upload screenshot from Steam game to share

Hey there PatriotDream76,

Hmm that's no good. What specific game are you seeing this happen with? Does this happen with every game from Steam? I tried to upload a screenshot and I was able to, but I only tried one game.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement
    issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.

Miss Share Bear, May 19, 2017
  5. @Miss Share Bear, The game is called PanzerCorps.

PatriotDream76, Nov 2, 2018
  6. PatriotDream76 Win User

@Miss Share Bear, The game is called PanzerCorps.
  7. Miss Share Bear Win User

Hey there PatriotDream76,

Hmm that's no good. What specific game are you seeing this happen with? Does this happen with every game from Steam? I tried to upload a screenshot and I was able to, but I only tried one game.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement
    issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.
  8. Kadayi Win User

Xbox Series X Controller not working fully on Windows 11

as you have upgraded os you will need to reinstall the steam extended xbox config as it installs a driver for extended support.

go to steam settings

make sure the xbox configuration support is enabled then tick the extended, it will want to restart

[​IMG]

once pc restarted you will be able to use the share button for screenshots

if already enabled then disable restart and enable again and restart again.

you also do not need to install xbox identity provider.
    Thanks. That seemed to work for the most part (Steam sees the controller properly now with the Share key as an option), however, it seems I need to manually set the screenshot button with every game. In the case of No Mans Sky, that meant setting the share button to Screenshot in about 8 screens as the controller format changes dependent on what you are doing.

The whole reason I want to be able to access the Xbox configuration (which is erroring and asking for the identifier) is to see if I can set Share to F12 universally, as that's the Steam Screenshot command.

Still thanks for the prompt response.
  9. Kootsvayouma Win User

Upload app "capture not saved" error

Same issue. Wanted to share character screenshots of my Neverwinter toons and can't save or transfer them. Seems like a no brainer to build in an easy option to save, transfer, or share. I can pull images from a thumbdrive, but I can't save to one? And there
    seems to be no option to access Upload on a PC.
  10. KrystianSzymkiewicz Win User

Only 1 out of 3 DLCs that I bought is installed and actually working with Crusader Kings 3 on Game Pass

Screenshot as requested:

Confirmation from the bank or from Microsoft, can you share screenshots of it without sharing personal information

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Can't upload screenshot from Steam game to share - Similar Threads - Can't upload screenshot

2. Can't upload captures to OneDrive from the Xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't upload captures to OneDrive from the Xbox network: Help, I'm afraid I will lose my xbox captures since I can't upload them. I used the Microsoft 365 free trial thinking I didn't have enough space just to be met with the same error message "Failed...
  3. Can't log in to WWE2k Uploader with xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't log in to WWE2k Uploader with xbox account: I'm trying to log in to wwe2k image uploader but it won't let me. a62ad580-cf6b-4608-9845-ce88a267d0c5
  4. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  5. Can't upload custom image to my XBOX profile on my pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't upload custom image to my XBOX profile on my pc: Does anybody know how to upload a custom image to my Xbox profile using a PC? I can only do it using the app on my iPad. But not on the PC, which is total nonsense to me. Or is Microsoft taking...
  6. "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s: So I have a YouTube Channel and I download my clips to edit it and post it on YouTube or tiktok and I tried to change some settings because it said can't uplaod even though nothing was there...
  7. Can't access uploaded screenshots and game clips on PC.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't access uploaded screenshots and game clips on PC.: Pretty much what the title says. There isn't anyway (that I know of) to access screenshots and game clips on my PC that I have uploaded to the Xbox network using my Xbox. I know I can do this...
  8. I can't upload a custom profile picture on the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't upload a custom profile picture on the Xbox app.: I changed my profile picture to one of the given ones on accident and when I tried to change it back to the one I was originally using it won't go through. I tried this about a month or two ago so...
  9. I can't upload a screenshot to xbox live :/

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't upload a screenshot to xbox live :/: Hello, i want to uploadmy new screenshots from Final Fantasy, but i can't. The security settings are okay. I hope you can help me. d08845d0-d398-44b7-856c-252754876bc1
  10. Can't share screenshot in Upload, do I need Gold?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't share screenshot in Upload, do I need Gold?: Last night I tried to take 3 screenshots in D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, and when I go in Upload to share them, it gives the error PLEASE TRY AGAIN. They don't appear in the activity feed, do I...