Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

Discus and support Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My child can play java, but the windows version (we own both versions) says that it is incompatible and needs to be updated. When I go to the store and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zach_101, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Zach_101
    Zach_101 Guest

My child can play java, but the windows version (we own both versions) says that it is incompatible and needs to be updated. When I go to the store and click Get, it says ask permission. Did that and it says that it will be added shortly. We have waited for over a month trying various things to no avail. I can't even find the launcher to uninstall it on his profile, although I can locate and uninstall from my profile. I can access the updated version on my profile, it will just not let me get it for my kid.

I have tried the following:

-updated windows

-reset store cache

-repair and reset store

-ran store apps troubleshooter

-flushed dns cache

I can't find any info specific to my issue and I am going insane! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Zach_101, Oct 7, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Zach_101,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to update Minecraft Launcher for child's account and is unable to. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

If we may ask, whose account owns Bedrock Edition? Does your child is accessing Bedrock edition through a family-sharing arrangement? As per Minecraft game support team, only the account that purchased Bedrock or Java and Bedrock Edition will have access to Java Edition. See: Minecraft Launcher Troubleshooting FAQ | Minecraft Help

We appreciate for trying some steps to help resolve the issue in your end. Here are some additional steps that we can perform:

1. Make sure Xbox app is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.
    2. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

3. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi RolandiGamer45! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I understand that you have problems with the Minecraft launcher for your son's account, but could you tell me the problem specifically, do you see any error codes? Something extra that you can mention so that I can offer you better help.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Zach_101,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

5. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi RolandiGamer45! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I understand that you have problems with the Minecraft launcher for your son's account, but could you tell me the problem specifically, do you see any error codes? Something extra that you can mention so that I can offer you better help.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  6. DORiiTO MaN Win User

Minecraft Launcher through Xbox Game Pass

Same here can't play. When I try to launch the launcher it updates 3 quarters then gives me an error saying "Unable to Update Minecraft Native Launcher"
Thema:

1. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account - Similar Threads - Can't update minecraft

2. I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen: It updated. It feels like something is using all the cpu because the controller is very laggy. It gets stuck at login screen and eventually just turns black. I've restarted and pulled the power...
  3. After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...: After last update I keep on getting an error code never happened before. Now everytime I sign in it automatically takes me to my microsoft account. Never happened before. Now I'm stuck with an...
  4. After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on?: After the last update can't scroll on some menu of my series x??? What's going on? 989a4524-ae05-4952-a82e-fe9c761c7b42
  5. My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard: my xbox 360 console is stuck on the system update stopped screen, i can't even access my dashboard and this started when i was updating it using a usb since i don't have a hard drive so i used a...
  6. Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC: [img] I clicked to update there, but I have an error. May I need to download the Minecraft Bedrock Version Manager? 9c44a8d7-2049-43ae-8cdd-a581272bccc8
  7. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  8. I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't update Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10!: Hi, I was playing Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 with my friends when I was kicked from the realm because my client was outdated. I have looked all over, I have done everything that I could...
  9. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 065732c1-8d7a-4b83-8d2a-bc1a46dfa95d
  10. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 36971e3c-cbe9-468c-9483-d99d40d319ab