Can't Unlink Activison Account with Xbox - Displaying An Old Email Address

Discus and support Can't Unlink Activison Account with Xbox - Displaying An Old Email Address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I can't unlink my Xbox Account from my Activison account because it has an old email address that is being used by the Xbox account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LittleWing32, Sep 13, 2023.

1. LittleWing32
    LittleWing32 Guest

Hello,

I can't unlink my Xbox Account from my Activison account because it has an old email address that is being used by the Xbox account (somewhere). I've gone through all of my Microsoft and Xbox accounts and that email is not there, its an old email address from about 15 years ago, there's no trace of it anywhere so I'm unsure why its still there when linking the two together? The old email address is known to me so I'm not being hacked but Activison don't reply and neither do Microsoft / Xbox support. It seems many others are having the same issue looking at forums and YouTube videos. I'm at a loss really. Could the old email address be somewhere randomly in my Microsoft account though?

Any help would be great but I know this one seems pretty locked down or if anyone else had a work around or advice

:)

LittleWing32, Sep 13, 2023
  2. JWT237 Win User

Hello LittleWing32,

Welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having trouble unlinking your Xbox account from your ACTi vison account due to an old email address being used. I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a response from Activision or Microsoft/Xbox support. I'll do my best to assist you with this issue.

I actually found an article from ACTi vision regarding with unlinking accounts for Xbox. It stated that, you may unlink your individual accounts from an Activision account once every 12 months. So, if you haven't done this in the past you should be able to do so.

Check the following of how you can do it:

1. Sign in your Activision account.
    2. In the account linking section find the account you wish to unlink and select unlink.

Note: Games with cross-progression store game progress on your Activision account, not your platform account. If you choose to link your platform account to another Activision account, your progress will not carry over. Your progress and content aren't lost. If you relink this platform account to the original Activision account, you can continue your progression and access your owned content.
    3. Check the confirmation box and select continue.

If you wish to unlink an account due to a lost password or an email account you can no longer access, follow the steps on this link: Manage your Activision Account

Note: The steps presented under Unlinking Platform Accounts.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Mae Sev.

Microsoft Community
    I had this same problem and followed the instructions it still asked me to verify my old email while I was trying to unlink my Xbox. I had forgotten what email I used for my activation account so I used another email addresss to login and at some point that’ll my progress from the Xbox didn’t carry over to my pc. So I unlinked the activation account I linked and tried to unlink my Xbox using the instructions in this article and it still prompted sending a verification code to the email I no longer have access to.
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello A. User,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello LittleWing32,

Welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having trouble unlinking your Xbox account from your ACTi vison account due to an old email address being used. I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a response from Activision or Microsoft/Xbox support. I'll do my best to assist you with this issue.

I actually found an article from ACTi vision regarding with unlinking accounts for Xbox. It stated that, you may unlink your individual accounts from an Activision account once every 12 months. So, if you haven't done this in the past you should be able to do so.

Check the following of how you can do it:

1. Sign in your Activision account.
    2. In the account linking section find the account you wish to unlink and select unlink.

Note: Games with cross-progression store game progress on your Activision account, not your platform account. If you choose to link your platform account to another Activision account, your progress will not carry over. Your progress and content aren't lost. If you relink this platform account to the original Activision account, you can continue your progression and access your owned content.
    3. Check the confirmation box and select continue.

If you wish to unlink an account due to a lost password or an email account you can no longer access, follow the steps on this link: Manage your Activision Account

Note: The steps presented under Unlinking Platform Accounts.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. AZZGALL123 Win User

Unlink Microsoft account from Minecraft.

Any update on how to unlink a Microsoft account from Minecraft? Logged into it on an old email on my PS5 and it's linked to a friend's Xbox account from about 15 years ago. Now I can't log in with a different eAny update on how to unlink a Microsoft account from Minecraft? Logged into it on an old email on my PS5 and it's linked to a friend's Xbox account from about 15 years ago. Now I can't log in with a different email at all. It's ridiculous
    Any update on how to unlink a Microsoft account
  6. Graeme Barker Win User

Xbox account linked to an unknown Ubisoft account

I may have gotten to the bottom of this. I installed the Ubisoft app on the Xbox which showed me what email address was used for the Ubisoft account.

I still can't recover this as yet, but I'm talking with Ubisoft support to hopefully unlink and close the old account.
Thema:

1. Can't Unlink Activison Account with Xbox - Displaying An Old Email Address - Similar Threads - Can't Unlink Activison

2. U can't unlink my microsoft account from my ps4 since its the incorrect email and I got log...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    U can't unlink my microsoft account from my ps4 since its the incorrect email and I got log...: I play on the ps4 version of minecraft. It seems I have used the wrong email when linking an Microsoft account to my playstation so I cannot access the emails or the Microsoft account. I cannot...
  3. Why can't I unlink my Xbox Live account from my EA account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I unlink my Xbox Live account from my EA account?: I play on PC and my brother plays on XBOX, but he has linked his XBOX account to my EA account. Apex Legends is planning to enable cross progression, which would merge our accounts into one and...
  4. I can't sign into my old Microsoft account to log out and unlink so I can link to a new...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't sign into my old Microsoft account to log out and unlink so I can link to a new...: I've been trying to log into an old Microsoft account, i can't remember what email or password I used, so I can unlink it and use a new Microsoft account. Whenever I try to sign into the new...
  5. Can't unlink disabled EA account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't unlink disabled EA account,: Recently bought game pass and would like to play an EA title, however can't access EA account as its a outdated account I no longer use/ have. It also comes up on EA as "0000s" and has a...
  6. Forgot to unlink my account on Minecraft and cant remember the email i used. I can't get in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forgot to unlink my account on Minecraft and cant remember the email i used. I can't get in...: When I logged out of my account on minecraft on my ps5 I forgot to unlink it. The email that I used on it is an old email which I don't use anymore. I can't remember what the email was. Since my...
  7. I need to unlink my microsoft account from my ps5 on minecraft but I can't.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to unlink my microsoft account from my ps5 on minecraft but I can't.: I want to unlink a microsoft account from my ps5 on Minecraft. I have gone back and forth with tech support for 4 days and they can't help. when I try to login it says, "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  8. I can't unlink the account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't unlink the account: Hi, my PSN account is linked in Minecraft to a Microsoft account that no longer exists and now I can't unlink it to connect the current account, what can I do? a4702b82-7d30-4968-b3bd-b2d896fb65f4
  9. Good afternoon, I have a question, why can't you unlink a minecraft account and put another...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Good afternoon, I have a question, why can't you unlink a minecraft account and put another...: Good afternoon, I have a question, why can't you unlink a minecraft account and put another on minecraft ps4? 75c50f6b-6a6d-4ec6-91a4-268d69fbb8a6
  10. Can't unlink Xbox and EA accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't unlink Xbox and EA accounts: Hi, I can not see which EA account is linked to my xbox account to unlink them ultimately - I have tried logging into EA App using the Xbox option but I get told that another EA account is linked...