Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

Discus and support Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio' in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/InspectorOk6313, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that setting, as soon as i un-tick the box and go back then come back to check its ticked again. Maybe im blind but i don't see any option to save the setting. Any help is appreciated

submitted by /u/InspectorOk6313
    [link] [comments]

/u/InspectorOk6313, Mar 25, 2024
  2. PenetronnZune Win User

Serious Blu-ray Player App Issues

Selecting "Uncompressed 5.1" or "Uncompressed 7.1" in the Xbox One settings will mathematically give you the same lossless audio results as long as you are using an AVR with HDMI 1.3a or later spec. The only difference is that the Xbox One is doing the decoding
    of the audio rather than passing the un-decoded audio steam to your receiver to handle the decoding.

I suppose, theoretically, it could improve the Xbox One's performance because it's not having to use any CPU cycles for the audio decoding. But you're not going to hear any difference as long as you are using and HDMI cable to connect to your AVR.
  3. FoeHammer117 Win User

I Would Like to get full HD Audio Support on the XBOne

The issue is that when you select bitstreaming, the Xbox One will decode the HD Audio, mixes in its own audio, and then outputs it in either legacy Dolby Digital or DTS. Very old school.

If you select PCM output, the system decodes the HD Audio, mixes in its own audio, and then outputs it in PCM. I think most of us "audiophiles" would like the system to simply pass/offload the audio to our receivers so it can do the decoding. Something my
    old PS3 has done for years now.

I would like this fixed.
  4. Kevin2142288 Win User

Xbox one dolby atmos upmixer doesn't do anything

Do you have it set to let your receiver to decode the audio or Xbox?
  5. Chucklestyle Win User

Xbox one X 4k Blu-ray playback issues

Try enabling "let my receiver decode audio" in the settings -> blu ray page on console. Worked for me, hopefully you too.
  6. BLADERUNNER811 Win User

Dolby Atmos

I had the exact same problem with my 4k Mockingjay and other movies. I enrolled in the preview program a few months ago just to get Dolby Atmos compatibility with my movie collection. At first the movie played with the Dolby Atmos track without problems,
    but after the last update it stopped working. I quit the program and reset my Xbox One to get the official firmware with final support for Dolby Atmos but it kept showing an error.

A few days ago I was able to download the Dolby application which as Cpt Chaos 2 says outputs everything as Dolby Atmos. The problem is if I "Let my receiver decode audio" like Xbox support suggests for Atmos to work, then the error keeps showing up even
    though everything else seems to work fine on Dolby Atmos, but if I uncheck the option to let my receiver decode audio it plays all of my BluRay movies without a problem with the dolby atmos light on, on my HW-K950. When I play the movie it sounds like it is
    the actual Atmos track, and in the audio settings "Bitstream out" with Dolby Atmos is on, but the "Let my receiver decode audio" option is off in the BluRay app so I am confused. Is it enough that the XBOX is bitstreaming all the audio out to the Home Theater
    even if the BluRay app has the option to decode audio off? Is my sound system really decoding the Atmos tracks even though the option is off on the BluRay player app but supposedly everything is outputted via the audio settings of the Xbox?

This is really confusing. I talked to customer service and they had no idea. They dind't even understand what dolby atmos was and told me that the problem must be on my movie collection even though I told them it used to work perfectly on my PS4 before I
    sold it to get 4K and Dolby Atmos support with my Xbox One S.

I would really appreciate if someone could clarify this, because everytime I activate the "let my receiver decode audio option" on the BluRay app, a lot of my movies without an Atmos track show an error and even some with an Atmos track like Mockingjay don't
    play either. I want to know if the bitstream out option really works on bluray movies even if the option to decode audio by my receiver is off on the bluray settings.

Note: BTW, I tried something weird, if I start playing Mockingjay with the "Let my receiver decode audio" option on it shows an error, but if I turn it off and it opens without problems, and then turn the decode setting on again, the movie resumes fine with
    the "Let my receiver decode audio" option on.
    Hi,

I have a similar issue in that my 950 won't output any sound if the "Let my Receiver decode audio" option is on plus the "Atmos (via HDMI ONLY). The only way I can get sound is to turn these two options off. I get good sound and it seems like it's still
    Atmos but no blue light or Atmos message on the 950 display.
Thema:

Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

1. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio' - Similar Threads - Cant select 'Let

2. How can i invite my friends to a game, if i cant select it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i invite my friends to a game, if i cant select it?: Game invite is greyed out, my friends cant join me. I did a hard reset, removed my profile, added it back. My NAT is open. Connection is good. 85796ab6-ada8-4d46-a339-6cf926ff8310
  3. My parents cant select me in privacy and online safety tab and when they try the mouse...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My parents cant select me in privacy and online safety tab and when they try the mouse...: [img] here is the problem 33b1a551-86ca-406d-999c-d9b87d84e329
  4. I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the...: Same as the title, really bummed about this since I just bought PC gamepass and was hoping to install some games overnight, lmk if you have any suggestions 7ef2aafd-3798-4a3c-8cc6-f8702e6f5b22
  5. Cant select my drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select my drive: Cant choose disk to install game on PC...Help [img] 6d8ccf2f-90a3-4a08-8651-fb78da46ebfa
  6. Cant select my drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select my drive: Cant choose disk to install game on PC...Help [img] 6d8ccf2f-90a3-4a08-8651-fb78da46ebfa
  7. cant select drive to install in xbox pc app

in XBoX on Windows
    cant select drive to install in xbox pc app: [img] It doesn't let me select any drives to install. I have purchased the XBox game pass ultimate and have successfully installed games through the EA beta app....
  8. Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X: I was randomly playing Cold War and was realising that im not 120hz and i went to go check and i couldnt select wither 60hz or 120hz. My Monitor: 32in. WQHD 165hz Zero-G Gaming Monitor i dont...
  9. Cant select country for games pass address

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select country for games pass address: Hey, Im in Australia and trying to setup an Xbox game pass. All goes OK, made payment etc till it asks for profile address which defaults to US only, ie I cant pick another country. I've checked...
  10. Unjustified content take down; cant select the case review option on enforcement.xbox.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unjustified content take down; cant select the case review option on enforcement.xbox.com: Hi Today i got a notificación from Xbox enforcement regarding a content take down, reads like this: Looking for Group November 23, 2018 ‎06‎:‎11‎:‎41‎ ‎p. m.The offending content was removed....